• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

V-Tec Conversion

macroxx

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me what is the process and how much it will cost to convert d15z4 to vtec?

I did search the forum and the internet but still have some issues about it (I heard that d15z4 ecu can not be chipped so that it is hard to do the conversion to that engine, is this true?). I saw some guy's reply in one thread saying that he has the conversion project with the pictures in mazda section, but I couldn't find it.

If anybody got the conversion step by step it would be awesome. At least the process without images.

Also guys the price please?

Cheers

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me what is the process and how much it will cost to convert d15z4 to vtec?

I did search the forum and the internet but still have some issues about it (I heard that d15z4 ecu can not be chipped so that it is hard to do the conversion to that engine, is this true?). I saw some guy's reply in one thread saying that he has the conversion project with the pictures in mazda section, but I couldn't find it.

If anybody got the conversion step by step it would be awesome. At least the process without images.

Also guys the price please?

Cheers

you would be better of swaping a d15b with ecu and wire harness. d15z4 ecu is of no use in the evnt of a conversion. so is the wire harness of the same. and the z head does not support the vtec mechanisem. and most importantly, you would be really lucky if you could find a complete engine eire harness and ecu now adays. simply becoz of the age of the vehicle and lot of enignes have been already used for swaps in the last decade.

Any idea about the price? What about Mi?

mi and ml is not vtec. 300-301 plate vi would go between 1.4 to 1.6

english plate vi would go from 1.7 to 1.9 or ven more. i sold mine for 1.94