• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swift

Wasa

Dear collegues,

It's wonder that so many Susuki swifts are advertized these days comparatively at cheaper rates compare to other brands of cars. Even year 2004 one can find easily around 1.7-1.8 mil. How would you see this trend? Is that car not up to the expectation or difficult to maintain ?

I dont think there is anything to Wonder about the fact that the Swift is relatively cheap. It IS a cheap car built to be marketed at a cheaper price and at the same time doesn't have the inflated price tag of a Toyota Vitz in SL. Thats why many were sold during the dark age where the taxes were insane :) I`m sure the first generation (2000–2004) prices came further down with the introduction of the second generation.

This is just a small Japanese car marketed globally (common m13a engine) with plenty roaming around in SL as well so I dont see how it would be "difficult" to maintain. <_<

Edited by MrCat

Dear collegues,

It's wonder that so many Susuki swifts are advertized these days comparatively at cheaper rates compare to other brands of cars. Even year 2004 one can find easily around 1.7-1.8 mil. How would you see this trend? Is that car not up to the expectation or difficult to maintain ?

Not all good cars have to be expensive. We Sri Lankans have a weird way of thinking, don't we? If you have a two-decade old pile of metal and if it has a Toyota badge on it, you can still sell it for over a million :)

Swift is a pretty good car as far as I know. Low on maintenance, good on fuel. Good on leg room too. It's actually a very good choice for your budget.

Not all good cars have to be expensive. We Sri Lankans have a weird way of thinking, don't we? If you have a two-decade old pile of metal and if it has a Toyota badge on it, you can still sell it for over a million :)

Swift is a pretty good car as far as I know. Low on maintenance, good on fuel. Good on leg room too. It's actually a very good choice for your budget.

Well said bro. +1. I also had Suzuki Swift beetle 2005 model before. It's a Pretty nice car and fun to drive. Good road handling and lot better than those high prized brands.I used it two years and I didn't have any problem with it. During my two years use I changed only the air filter. Very good on fuel too. It's really worth for that price.

Dear collegues,

Nope not at all, the swift is a very good daily runner.

Only problem with it is that its not a Toyota, No seriously people here think that Toyota is the only brand that knows how to make a car that doesnt fall apart. Which is not quite true cause every time i a pass a garage majority of vehicle that are on "kota uda" are Toyota's.

I guess the over hype of cars like Vitz,axio's and allions are mostly because of the lack of knowledge people have about automobiles here in SL. :alc:

Nope not at all, the swift is a very good daily runner.

Only problem with it is that its not a Toyota, No seriously people here think that Toyota is the only brand that knows how to make a car that doesnt fall apart. Which is not quite true cause every time i a pass a garage majority of vehicle that are on "kota uda" are Toyota's.

I guess the over hype of cars like Vitz,axio's and allions are mostly because of the lack of knowledge people have about automobiles here in SL. :alc:

the reason for that is 70% of cars here now are toyotas :P

Edited by nexus