• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Service At Daihatsu

hlnm

Dear Friends

Never Take Your Vehicle to Daihatsu for any Repairing. They have no any knowledge about passo cars, I have bad experience with them,

I took my car for repair, It was a some noise from steering wheel, They told me, It’s from rack-end, need to apply grees , For that I was waiting half day, then They gave me time next week, I went with my car and, They repaer my car, On that time it was ok, unfortunate after few KM, It was again, not only That AIR Bags Indicator was On, I call Mr. Gayan (Service Adviser at Daihatsu), I told my problem, They have not any consideration of my problem,

Then I take my car local repair service, they show me, what the real situations,

They was broken s reborn that connect with all the system trough steering wheel, Now No Airbags, Signal Lights, Horn,

Finally I couldn’t find any reborn, I ordered it tru Toyota lanak, It ‘s cost id 300 USD,

Please don’t take your vehicle, that place, They are lack of knowledge about new technologies,

Edited by hlnm

so what exactly happened?

Beats me, what the heck is a "strain wheel" ?

Is it the steering wheel he's talking about or some sort of strain on a wheel :blink:

Here you go stig. Hope this helps.

Never Take Your Vehicle to Daihatsu for repairs. They don't have any knowledge about the Toyota Passo. My experience with their work is pretty bad.

I took my car to get it repaired. It had some noise coming frlm the steering wheel. They told me it’s from rack-end and that they need to apply grease to it. I waited a half day for that and they made me come back on a later day. Once the repair was done, the car drove fine, until I drove a few kilometers that is. The sound returned and this time it wasn't the only problem to turn up. The airbag indicator lit up. I called Mr. Gayan (Service Adviser at Daihatsu), I told my problem, They have not been helpful in finding a solution to this problem. I then took my car locato my local repair and they identified the real problem in my car.

They had broken the ???(maybe cable? clockspring?) that connects all the systems in the steering wheel (airbags, turn signals, horn). After searchin g around I couldn't find the ??? (again is it the cable or clock spring?). I was forced to order it from Toyota Lanka at a cost of $300 U.S.

Please don’t take your vehicle Daihutsu. They are incompentent and have a lack of knowledge on modern vehicles.

Never Take Your Vehicle to Daihatsu for repairs. They don't have any knowledge about the Toyota Passo. My experience with their work is pretty bad.

I took my car to get it repaired. It had some noise coming frlm the steering wheel. They told me it’s from rack-end and that they need to apply grease to it. I waited a half day for that and they made me come back on a later day. Once the repair was done, the car drove fine, until I drove a few kilometers that is. The sound returned and this time it wasn't the only problem to turn up. The airbag indicator lit up. I called Mr. Gayan (Service Adviser at Daihatsu), I told my problem, They have not been helpful in finding a solution to this problem. I then took my car locato my local repair and they identified the real problem in my car.

They had broken the ???(maybe cable? clockspring?) that connects all the systems in the steering wheel (airbags, turn signals, horn). After searchin g around I couldn't find the ??? (again is it the cable or clock spring?). I was forced to order it from Toyota Lanka at a cost of $300 U.S.

Please don’t take your vehicle Daihutsu. They are incompentent and have a lack of knowledge on modern vehicles.

LOL :lol:

Very helpful :P

Whats with these chaps who come and have a rant, and then disappear when we ask for some clarification. Sadly its difficult to take these dudes seriously ! Same with the chap who came and ranted about an insurance company. I mean why become a member to just to post once and rant. It is entirely possible they are doing a great social service, but often it's difficult to conclude anything based on just one person's point of view !

Whats with these chaps who come and have a rant, and then disappear when we ask for some clarification. Sadly its difficult to take these dudes seriously ! Same with the chap who came and ranted about an insurance company. I mean why become a member to just to post once and rant. It is entirely possible they are doing a great social service, but often it's difficult to conclude anything based on just one person's point of view !

Adrenaline rush i guess, they just wanna get it off their chest

We'll sometimes these buggers make up big fat lies and if they are not good at lying i guess there is no reason to return knowing that you will get humiliated :action-smiley-060:

Beats me, what the heck is a "strain wheel" ?

Is it the steering wheel he's talking about or some sort of strain on a wheel :blink:

Some say, he studied his English at oxford, and can only read perfect English :P

• Like 1

I told My real story, This is Not a Lie,

I took my car to get it repaired. It had some noise coming frlm the steering wheel. They told me it's from rack-end and that they need to apply grease to it. I waited a half day for that and they made me come back on a later day. Once the repair was done, the car drove fine, until I drove a few kilometers that is. The sound returned and this time it wasn't the only problem to turn up. The airbag indicator lit up. I called Mr. Gayan (Service Adviser at Daihatsu), I told my problem, They have not been helpful in finding a solution to this problem. I then took my car locato my local repair and they identified the real problem in my car.

Please don't take your vehicle Daihutsu. They are incompentent and have a lack of knowledge on modern vehicles.

the forum turns in to an english class it seems rolleyes.gif

Now Problem is same, additionally Need to Buy clockspring, (I don't Know right Name is that Part, It's Connected with Airbags, Horn, Signal Lights etc.)

Well here's what I don't get, how the heck did they manage to breaks a clockspring while fixing the tie rod ends?

Now Problem is same, additionally Need to Buy clockspring, (I don't Know right Name is that Part, It's Connected with Airbags, Horn, Signal Lights etc.)

You paid 300USD for a part, and you didn't bother finding out what it was called?

How about you try to help people regularly and see if you can keep going when you need to struggle to read what someone writes? I'm sure you think its very noble trying to defend some guy with poor English, but it would be more useful if you tried helping. I'll expect you to help each and every person asking for assistance from now on, or you can withdraw your statement.

You see its easier to give a sarcastic comment than to actually help, you should try helping once in a while :rolleyes:

You see its easier to give a sarcastic comment than to actually help, you should try helping once in a while :rolleyes:

i thought he is only reply to honda btw he is the first one to got negative rep here well done Hiran690 :alc:

Edited by nexus

Toyota Passo is same as Daihatsu Boon. In fact, Passo is manufactured by Daihatsu so it makes sense to take it there.

oh, I stand corrected. Like the mini suv's.

However wheather it makes sense taking it to Uni Walk instead of TL in the first place is questionable.

oh, I stand corrected. Like the mini suv's.

However wheather it makes sense taking it to Uni Walk instead of TL in the first place is questionable.

Well taking it to uniwalkers still doesn't make sense because I don't think think there are any of the Daihutsu badged versions running around town. While the scanner/programmers for the vehicle are probably the same, the service staff would not have any experience with it.

On another nore, wasn't there an inherent problem with all these passos relating to some noise? not sure if it was a steering noise though. Eitherway OP is pretty much screwed now that they broke the clockspring.

Well taking it to uniwalkers still doesn't make sense because I don't think think there are any of the Daihutsu badged versions running around town. While the scanner/programmers for the vehicle are probably the same, the service staff would not have any experience with it.

Believe it or not, Daihatsu does have official sales of Boon in Sri Lanka (there are some in daihatsu.lk website too - I don't want to quote links cos I don't want to do free marketing for them). So they should be having with the necessary service equipment. Toyota does not officially sell Passo in Sri Lanka (afaik Passo is a Japan-only version).

Having said all that, I have experienced quite a bit of bad service from their parent company - related to mobile phones and electronics equipment. Once I was so satisfied with their service, I wanted to smash a 32 inch LCD on the service manager's head. If that's an indication of the company's attitude towards customer service, I would rather take a Dai to a baas unnahe than to the service centre.

• Like 1

+1

And when one of my friends bought a D**L laptop from them, it came with a US power cord which couldn't be plugged in to any standard LK outlet without having to purchase an expensive adaptor. When I called them (So*t L**ic) up on my friend's behalf, and calmly explained that they should've included a UK power plug like ALL the other vendors do, the moron at the other end rudely replied that that's the US cord is what's included with all their laptops and I was the only one who ever complained about it!

Speaks volumes about their after sales service....

Believe it or not, Daihatsu does have official sales of Boon in Sri Lanka (there are some in daihatsu.lk website too - I don't want to quote links cos I don't want to do free marketing for them). So they should be having with the necessary service equipment. Toyota does not officially sell Passo in Sri Lanka (afaik Passo is a Japan-only version).

Having said all that, I have experienced quite a bit of bad service from their parent company - related to mobile phones and electronics equipment. Once I was so satisfied with their service, I wanted to smash a 32 inch LCD on the service manager's head. If that's an indication of the company's attitude towards customer service, I would rather take a Dai to a baas unnahe than to the service centre.