• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Vehicle For Short Girl

lasa

Guys,

My wife is not tall(shes's 4'7). Can you guys recommend a good car for her which is easy for her to handle.B'cos she's not that tall its hard for her to paddle and view road from winscreen from most of vehicles(mostly bcos meter section in dash board). Any recommendation guys?

Also is there a height requirment when applying for driving license?

Try the Cruze or the Swift. They're rather easy to drive. Not sure about the height requirements. I doubt there is though.

I second that, the driving position is a bit higher up in those vehicles giving you good all round visibility, even if you are not that tall.

If the meter cluster is an issue, the one with the cluster in the middle, like the Vitz and Vios. Come to think of it, I know a very short girl who drives a Vios. Without a cushion, even. Tho I haven't asked her if she can see out of it :)

Guys,

My wife is not tall(shes's 4'7). Can you guys recommend a good car for her which is easy for her to handle.B'cos she's not that tall its hard for her to paddle and view road from winscreen from most of vehicles(mostly bcos meter section in dash board). Any recommendation guys?

Also is there a height requirment when applying for driving license?

Mate, My wife also not tall and she used Suzuki swift ,Nissan March, and Mazda Demio..out of these three ,Mazda Demio is the most comfortable for her to see the front from the windscreen and to paddle easily..Swift and March doesn't have that much of clear view as Demio.Now she drives even prius with a cushion..I'm not sure about the height restrictions..but i have seen a very short person than your wife who works as an insurance agent drives a FB 15... :D

Edited by AbeysinghE

If the meter cluster is an issue, the one with the cluster in the middle, like the Vitz and Vios. Come to think of it, I know a very short girl who drives a Vios. Without a cushion, even. Tho I haven't asked her if she can see out of it :)

+

Nissan Primera P12

(But bit Larger Sedan)

• Like 1

Bro it would be too big to handle and also reversing would be an issue :)

Personally I think the barrier is mostly psychological than physical. I thin on most vehicles even if you are under 5 feet tall, with a bit of adjustment you should be able to reach the pedals comfortably. The big issue is getting over the psychological barrier that the vehicle is too big. I mean people drive by instinct, and you develop a perceptual understanding of where the ends of the vehicle lie and then use this to govern steering and manoeuvres. In SL we call this knowing the corners of the vehicle :) and it is aided by our ability to perceive depth (you need stereo vision for this). Sometimes you need a bit of time to get used to it but generally after a while you know instinctly where the edges lie. So a bigger vehicle would not be an insurmountable challenge especially on the road, though things like parking obviously can get a bit tricky.

We should not limit ourselves just because we're a bit short :)

• Like 6

Ideal would be a maruti 800 or an ALTO. Less hassle in controlling and a perfect vehicle for a short girl. If looking for much comfort and reliability ALTO Japanese would be a good solution.

maruti 800? He'll probably be looking at getting a divorce if he gives his wife an 800 that doesn't have power steering.

• Like 1

Ideal would be a maruti 800 or an ALTO. Less hassle in controlling and a perfect vehicle for a short girl. If looking for much comfort and reliability ALTO Japanese would be a good solution.

OP wants cars that are easy to handle. 800s and Altos handle horribly. And they're cumbersome to drive.

Personally I think the barrier is mostly psychological than physical. I thin on most vehicles even if you are under 5 feet tall, with a bit of adjustment you should be able to reach the pedals comfortably. The big issue is getting over the psychological barrier that the vehicle is too big. I mean people drive by instinct, and you develop a perceptual understanding of where the ends of the vehicle lie and then use this to govern steering and manoeuvres. In SL we call this knowing the corners of the vehicle :) and it is aided by our ability to perceive depth (you need stereo vision for this). Sometimes you need a bit of time to get used to it but generally after a while you know instinctly where the edges lie. So a bigger vehicle would not be an insurmountable challenge especially on the road, though things like parking obviously can get a bit tricky.

100+

There is a lady, 5' msx, in office who used to drive a discovery...she used a cushion though :)

now she drives a mazda 3...that too with a cushion :)

like most ladies...she too suffer from the reversing disorder...

grinning-smiley-003.gif But mchng how about driving in the traffic with these three wheel and Motorbikes morons who drive very closely. Wouldn't a small vehicle be easier to handle, also isn't it easier to maneuverer a small car than a wide car :)

Double post

Sorry

Edited by kelum_wj

maruti 800? He'll probably be looking at getting a divorce if he gives his wife an 800 that doesn't have power steering.

+1 LOL

Besides the 800 doesnt have a clear field of vision the meter cluster stands too tall, and i doubt most ladies would like the idea of driving a manual car.

• Like 1

Machng the Maruti 800 doesnt have power steering also its manual. And as it doesn't have a servo unit the brake pedal is not smooth.

• Like 1

grinning-smiley-003.gif But mchng how about driving in the traffic with these three wheel and Motorbikes morons who drive very closely. Wouldn't a small vehicle be easier to handle, also isn't it easier to maneuverer a small car than a wide car :)

Machan, how exactly do you think we survive all of that on a daily basis (well to be honest I haven't done that on a daily basis for quite a while now, but still I know how it is like!). How we cope with it is again using instinct rather than making concious decisions. We just adapt to coping with the conditions. You just need to develop confidence, and you don't develop confidence by shielding people from the elements. You need to experience and embrace it as part of life !

I have been trying this mantra on my mother these days :) She complains about not having anybody to drive her around since work keeps me overseas for most of the year and my sister works outstation. My simple solution has been learn to drive but she complains about the afore mentioned motor cycles, buses etc !

you are correct but big vehicles like buses and lorries try to intimidate little cars i personally think little car is not good for lady maybe a 4 door sedan work. :)

Machan, how exactly do you think we survive all of that on a daily basis (well to be honest I haven't done that on a daily basis for quite a while now, but still I know how it is like!). How we cope with it is again using instinct rather than making concious decisions. We just adapt to coping with the conditions. You just need to develop confidence, and you don't develop confidence by shielding people from the elements. You need to experience and embrace it as part of life !

I have been trying this mantra on my mother these days :) She complains about not having anybody to drive her around since work keeps me overseas for most of the year and my sister works outstation. My simple solution has been learn to drive but she complains about the afore mentioned motor cycles, buses etc !

:)

you are correct but big vehicles like buses and lorries try to intimidate little cars i personally think little car is not good for lady maybe a 4 door sedan work. :)

Yup Lorries and buses try to intimidate I have experienced it. But there are instances when you would save your car as it take less space on road than a bigger car

imho...a larger vehicle scares away lots of these three wheel and bike buggers...

case in point... compared to my car days...there are only a few morons who come close to the truck let alone try to cut across etc...

If i had a bull bar installed...i'm pretty sure those few morons too can be taken out of the equation

• Like 1

Yup Lorries and buses try to intimidate I have experienced it. But there are instances when you would save your car as it take less space on road than a bigger car

you are right but usually women get afraid to this sort of thing. so in 4 door sedan she can get less trouble from buses and lorries.