• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice For Ameture

goodguy

In First time i am looking to buy a car. Lot of people say many stories and confused a lot . My Budget around 1.4-1.7 M. Some says go for Geely one and its a brand new. and some says for go for a Honda vehicle which is more economical.

Please Advice :unsure:

In First time i am looking to buy a car. Lot of people say many stories and confused a lot . My Budget around 1.4-1.7 M. Some says go for Geely one and its a brand new. and some says for go for a Honda vehicle which is more economical.

Please Advice :unsure:

Our advice is as follows.

1. Learn to spell, (I thought you wanted to know about an armature but I think the word you wanted to go for is amateur)or get a spell checker :)
  2. First think about what you want from your car and prioritise (do you need 5 seats for example, how big are the occupants, how many miles would you do per week, what kind terrain would you drive on etc).
  3. Call up the dealers, there aren't that many brand new cars in that budget.
  4. Check the classifieds, it will give you a rough idea about how much certain models cost so you can consider a few second hand models as well
  5. Search the forum, there is an abundance of information here, if you just use the search. Research particular models rather than ask general questions.
  6. Now in accordance with your priorities, and models within your budget draw up a short list.
  7. Take a few test drives on the cars on the short list
  8. Trim the short-list further depending on your experience from the above, scour the classifieds, local dealers and autolanka classified for vehicles from the above list and go see them with a good mechanic !
  9. Negotiate a good price and buy !

Car's are a very personal choice, so asking these type of general questions is not going to help anybody especially you. People are just going to throw their preferences at you, and that is hardly useful information !

• Like 5

Our advice is as follows.

1. Learn to spell, (I thought you wanted to know about an armature but I think the word you wanted to go for is amateur)or get a spell checker :)
  2. First think about what you want from your car and prioritise (do you need 5 seats for example, how big are the occupants, how many miles would you do per week, what kind terrain would you drive on etc).
  3. Call up the dealers, there aren't that many brand new cars in that budget.
  4. Check the classifieds, it will give you a rough idea about how much certain models cost so you can consider a few second hand models as well
  5. Search the forum, there is an abundance of information here, if you just use the search. Research particular models rather than ask general questions.
  6. Now in accordance with your priorities, and models within your budget draw up a short list.
  7. Take a few test drives on the cars on the short list
  8. Trim the short-list further depending on your experience from the above, scour the classifieds, local dealers and autolanka classified for vehicles from the above list and go see them with a good mechanic !
  9. Negotiate a good price and buy !

Car's are a very personal choice, so asking these type of general questions is not going to help anybody especially you. People are just going to throw their preferences at you, and that is hardly useful information !

100++ :action-smiley-033:

If these people are your friends, make sure you never ask them for advice again. If possible, avoid all further contact.

:lol: they are more like enemies to him

If these people are your friends, make sure you never ask them for advice again. If possible, avoid all further contact.

I will say this much, the Geelys that are now being flogged by Micro are actually pretty decent little boxes for the price.. The MX7 MK II sedan and even more so the "New" Trend (Which is a Geely Panda in other markets) were surprisingly competent cars. Long term of course, will have to wait and see.

Edited by Supra_Natural

I will say this much, the Geelys that are now being flogged my Micro are actually pretty decent little boxes for the price.. The MX7 MK II sedan and even more so the "New" Trend (Which is a Geely Panda in other markets) were surprisingly competent cars. Long term of course, will have to wait and see.

Agree,that is true .A good advice for "goodguy".

I will say this much, the Geelys that are now being flogged my Micro are actually pretty decent little boxes for the price.. The MX7 MK II sedan and even more so the "New" Trend (Which is a Geely Panda in other markets) were surprisingly competent cars. Long term of course, will have to wait and see.

Knew you were gonna say that. But I was talking of the Geely, not a Micro based on the same design

Agree,that is true .A good advice for "goodguy".

Expected that from you too. Hoping you had vanished but surprised you didn't pop in earlier. Unfortunately, it seems you still haven't been fired.

I will say this much, the Geelys that are now being flogged by Micro are actually pretty decent little boxes for the price.. The MX7 MK II sedan and even more so the "New" Trend (Which is a Geely Panda in other markets) were surprisingly competent cars. Long term of course, will have to wait and see.

Im gonna have to disagree a bit here although i dont have a clue about gheely, we do have a Rexton at home. at first it was okay but now it makes more noise than a tractor not to mention all the damn check engine light that pop up when you drive over a bump, took it to micro and told them the issue. the answer was "this is normal in this sort of korean cars, "hodama wade thamai aluthen engine ekak thiyaba eka". i mean for god sakes its only like 2-3 years since we bought it and already we have to replace the engine, Korean stuff are a little better than chinese one's so if Koreans are like this i dont even want to know what will happen to a Chinese car after 2-3 years :blink:

Edited by The Stig

Im gonna have to disagree a bit here although i dont have a clue about gheely, we do have a Rexton at home. at first it was okay but now it makes more noise than a tractor not to mention all the damn check engine light that pop up when you drive over a bump, took it to micro and told them the issue. the answer was "this is normal in this sort of korean cars, "hodama wade thamai aluthen engine ekak thiyaba eka". i mean for god sakes its only like 2-3 years since we bought it and already we have to replace the engine, Korean stuff are a little better than chinese one's so if Koreans are like this i dont even want to know what will happen to a Chinese car after 2-3 years :blink:

what is the mileage stig?

damn it need to replace engine at 50k what will happen at 100k :blink:

And these are suppose to be Mercedes built engines :blink:

Might be a rare case tough, anyone else have a similar experience ?

ive heard some similar stories with regards to the Rexton as well, my friend had to replace his auto gearbox, thats the only answer the agent has when there is an issue with the vehicle, replace and quite expensive it was too

but u should not generalize all Korean cars, my cousins 10 year old elantra is still going strong well over 100k mileage wise, my fathers santa fe is 5 years and counting and no major repairs

Would you honestly even want to go for short trip in one?

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto-1010/geely-ck-scores-lowest-possible-safety-score.asp

See theres the thing.. The CK 1 as previously pedalled by abans and the model shown in this link article is uttterly crap.

But some of the newer models are not bad. The Thing thats sold as the "Micro MX7 MkII" for example is actually surprisingly competent. It was my very first review for the Motor Mag and when they told me about it I was livid, but it surprised me just how all round decent it was.

As for the Geely Panda/Micro Trend, that car is a real surprise. Dynamically very decent and put together very well for its price. Of course, long term durability remains highly suspect, so I dunno, we'll have to come back to them in a year or two and see I guess.

Brandnew 141 bought from the Toyota Agent is doing 8kmpl.So why spend more for japs.

Because the 141 will still be running well and performing pretty much exactly the same 15 years from now. And the Geely will have been parked in some garage for 10 years rusting into dust.

Because the 141 will still be running well and performing pretty much exactly the same 15 years from now. And the Geely will have been parked in some garage for 10 years rusting into dust.

Get Tuff Kote from Kleen Park.They give 10 years warrenty.

Holy moly no airbags ? :rolleyes:

Further problems with the car included a passenger airbag switch that is ‘misleading consumers' into thinking an airbag is fitted.
like we expect anything better from the chinese :rolleyes:

And these are suppose to be Mercedes built engines :blink:

Might be a rare case tough, anyone else have a similar experience ?

I thought its either Mercedes designed, or based on a Mercedes design. Do you mean that Merc actually manufactures it and Ssangyong buys the whole unit from them? Like the older Protons were based on a Mitsu engine, right?

I thought its either Mercedes designed, or based on a Mercedes design. Do you mean that Merc actually manufactures it and Ssangyong buys the whole unit from them? Like the older Protons were based on a Mitsu engine, right?

LOL if Merc manufactured the engine the engine itself would cost more than the entire vehicle.

Correction (my bad, i misspoke) AFAIK its based on a Merc design built in Korea under license.

Get Tuff Kote from Kleen Park.They give 10 years warrenty.

as always....central bank misses the point altogther...

also...i bet the tuff kote will easily outlast the geely!

their 10 year warranty is not for the mechanical condition and full body condition of the car...

i'm sure a retard like you can never understand something simple as that