• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Cal Cooling System

Prashanweera

Hi All,

My car have two cooling fans in-front of the radiator. At the moment all the fans are directly plugged to power and operate all the time (may be a work of local mechanic :(). This cause the engine to take loge time to come-into its operating temperature.

What should be the standard way operation for this two cooling fans. Please advise me.

Thank you,

Pra

Edited by Prashanweera

You might need to replace the radiator temperature sensor(s) and get the wiring done correctly. Make/model/Year of the car would help someone to give a more precise answer.

just to add, and the standard way of operating is simple: gets turned on when its too hot (reached working temperature), shuts down when its too cold. :)

Edited by MrCat

Hi, Thank you very much.

The Car is Toyota Carina CT190. Engine is 2C engine. I have heard one fan get switched on when the AC is switched on and other fan is operating with the temperature sensor. Is this correct ?

You might need to replace the radiator temperature sensor(s) and get the wiring done correctly. Make/model/Year of the car would help someone to give a more precise answer.

just to add, and the standard way of operating is simple: gets turned on when its too hot (reached working temperature), shuts down when its too cold. :)