• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sound When Releasing The Brake Pedal

Crosswind

Question

Very recently, I've noticed a 'klung' sound (sounds like hitting a guitar chord) when releasing the brake pedal on the Chevy Cruze (auto). Not when hitting the pedal but after hitting it and releasing it. Before taking it to a makabass, could someone make a guess and tell me what it could be? It doesn't happen all the time and the brakes seem to work fine, even at high speeds.

Cheers

12 answers to this question

Very recently, I've noticed a 'klung' sound (sounds like hitting a guitar chord) when releasing the brake pedal on the Chevy Cruze (auto). Not when hitting the pedal but after hitting it and releasing it. Before taking it to a makabass, could someone make a guess and tell me what it could be? It doesn't happen all the time and the brakes seem to work fine, even at high speeds.

Cheers

This is the sound of the load spring being released inside the brake booster unit. Nothing to panic IMHO.

Cheers

Damn harshan beat me to it :D

Yeah like he said its just the spring, happens in most cars after sometime

Interesting. But it's the first time I came across this. Does the spring need any lubrication or anything?

probably the 'aging' could be the better term as to why you hear it first time. I don't think it's possible to lubricate it and even if lubricated the sound will be there.

Interesting. But it's the first time I came across this. Does the spring need any lubrication or anything?

Oh damn i didnt see this before

No not really but if its too annoying you can try something like applying grease but wont do much.

Actually sometimes its not the spring itself but the joint that it connects to, it tends to slips a little bit. not a big issue :alc:

mult_pedal_cluster_pic26_small.jpg

Just a general pic.

I do love to reply to these threads than useless mushrooming threads on hybrids, fuel consumption, tax reductions, Tsunami's and what not.

Yeah and they add knowledge to everyone

Ha Ha yeah the whole point of a forum is to answer questions that cannot be found in internet or one that isnt obvious.

I just dont get why people keep asking about fuel figures etc when a simple google search will give them more than adequate info :rolleyes:

even in my car left front wheel has the same sound like "CHIRI CHIRI" but i didn't bother it too much, but want to know is it a serious issue??? (ABS disc break)

If the pads are ok and if you only hear this when you apply brakes it might not be too much of a problem. If you hear this all the time, then you need to get the brakes checked for brake binding, or if the disc has warped.