• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ce110

nano31

There is no specific mileage to do an engine overhaul on any passenger vehicle. :blink:

It all depends on whether the engine is having trouble running due to blown head gasket, worn piston rings, blown valves, worn crank/cam shafts, bearings, etc..

If you have got a specific issue people here with better knowledge might be able to troubleshoot.

Edited by MrCat

Like MrCat said there is no specific range it all depends on the condition of the engine. :rolleyes:

Generally the only way to measure this is by observation of the engine condition and problems related.

Can anyone tel me when (at which km) we should think about engine overhaul of ce110

Hi I have a Disel CE 110 (1995 model), 225000km on the clock. Other than replacing the timing belt and water pump(at the same time) nothing done on it. Going very strong. I think Shock absorbers and suspnesion related bushes need to be changed if I need the old comfort.

Hi I have a Disel CE 110 (1995 model), 225000km on the clock. Other than replacing the timing belt and water pump(at the same time) nothing done on it. Going very strong. I think Shock absorbers and suspnesion related bushes need to be changed if I need the old comfort.

You mean to say the engine is untouched? Not even gasket changes? That`s quite good if it is under SL conditions. :alc:

You mean to say the engine is untouched? Not even gasket changes? That`s quite good if it is under SL conditions. :alc:

Sorry mate. Not in SL. This was a Japanese Import to NewZealand after running 112000km in Japan. Then I used it in NZ for 2 yrs and bought to Australia. I have been using this for nearly 10 yrs. Never taken to Toyota for servicing. Every 5000km I do a engine oil change and every 10000 filter and oil. I took this only once to a mechanic in Aussi about 2 yrs ago to check everything including all the fluids and auto transmission oil and replace timing belt and water pump. He replaced one of the belts that driving the pullies in the front of the engine. No gasket change or injector cleaning what so ever. It needed to replace the front CV boots twice. When I did it for second time mechanic asked me to replace the CV joint only on that side. I have origianl CV joint still on the other side.

What my experience is if you open up the engine or anything, that going to cause more problems. Use the correct consumables (such as air filter, Diesel filter etc). But I never used original oil filters for this car.

Sorry mate. Not in SL. This was a Japanese Import to NewZealand after running 112000km in Japan. Then I used it in NZ for 2 yrs and bought to Australia. I have been using this for nearly 10 yrs. Never taken to Toyota for servicing. Every 5000km I do a engine oil change and every 10000 filter and oil. I took this only once to a mechanic in Aussi about 2 yrs ago to check everything including all the fluids and auto transmission oil and replace timing belt and water pump. He replaced one of the belts that driving the pullies in the front of the engine. No gasket change or injector cleaning what so ever. It needed to replace the front CV boots twice. When I did it for second time mechanic asked me to replace the CV joint only on that side. I have origianl CV joint still on the other side.

What my experience is if you open up the engine or anything, that going to cause more problems. Use the correct consumables (such as air filter, Diesel filter etc). But I never used original oil filters for this car.

Oh kool.. You must be liking the car very much to take it with you when switching countries. Dont think i would bother doing that :) Then again, there`s no reason why you shouldn't when the old machine is running so reliably. Diesels Corolla`s are so rare over here, Jap imports are not common since import regulations are tighter than in the NZ. Anyways good to hear about an old Rolla running good. :)

Oh kool.. You must be liking the car very much to take it with you when switching countries. Dont think i would bother doing that :) Then again, there`s no reason why you shouldn't when the old machine is running so reliably. Diesels Corolla`s are so rare over here, Jap imports are not common since import regulations are tighter than in the NZ. Anyways good to hear about an old Rolla running good. :)

I did not have a choice to sell it because I came to a bit rural area so finding a car alone could have been a problem. Good thing is I surprised truckies in very remote servos when I filled up from trucking bays. They always asked me,"Are you sure you using the right juice". I have seen the same model in Brisbane some Sri Lankan lived in Japan brought that car into Australia. So we had two exotic cars parked in front of a Sri Lankan party.

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS GUYS for ur support....

Mine is CE110 (Diesel-Original crystal light model), 1997 XE Limited, Done 163000km;

By the way can someone help me finding a double din (the dashboard unit) please?

Thanks

Edited by nano31