• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cops On The Streets!

Thats exactly what i did machan :) he said he will go to the post office & pay it...was a very nice gentlemen that police uncle haha :rolleyes:

bro on the other hand its dangerous....if the cop just walks off without paying your fine to the post office you will be in trouble

• Like 1

bro on the other hand its dangerous....if the cop just walks off without paying your fine to the post office you will be in trouble

what are you really live in srilanka? :blink:

Why Srilankan Police conducts double standards !!!.

Location : T Junction - High level Road/Stafford Lane in Kirulapana.

Corps : from City Traffic alias Night police or Mihindu Mawatha Police.

Action : Jumps from a May Tree to the road,facing back side of the body to the vehicle and stops it.

Time: 0830 to 0930 pm ,when they feel comportable (not hungry etc).In the same place Police diverts

main traffic even in the opposite direction tracks too at heavy traffic hours , but at night .......behave..

no problem...

Quote : Entering from wrong track to Stafford Lane from Highlevel road.

Their offence : Only target small vehicles/vans, exempt Black Pajeros/Black Benz,Black BMWS/Three whellers/Private Busses for the same offence .(Well known theory SL Police fear about these vehicles).

Don't give the any bribe to these corps. Pay the Target or/and comis whatever now legalised.

Switch on the voice recorder of your mobile phone if they loitering for bribes and produce later

to bribery commisission, a copy of conversation. I do that !

Have heard that our Police is the only police who collect Tragets/commissions on road offences in the world ,since their mission has not properly focused/Understood. In other countries a traffic offence is a offence , no tragets

associated with it.

Anybody knows this traget story is correct or not ?.

However the Police entertains this facility to traget the small fish while Sharks escape. Double standard !!!

Edited by Rohnd

Why Srilankan Police conducts double standards !!!.

Location : T Junction - High level Road/Stafford Lane in Kirulapana.

Corps : from City Traffic alias Night police or Mihindu Mawatha Police.

Action : Jumps from a May Tree to the road,facing back side of the body to the vehicle and stops it.

Time: 0830 to 0930 pm ,when they feel comportable (not hungry etc).In the same place Police diverts

main traffic even in the opposite direction tracks too at heavy traffic hours , but at night .......behave..

no problem...

Quote : Entering from wrong track to Stafford Lane from Highlevel road.

Their offence : Only target small vehicles/vans, exempt Black Pajeros/Black Benz,Black BMWS/Three whellers/Private Busses for the same offence .(Well known theory SL Police fear about these vehicles).

Don't give the any bribe to these corps. Pay the Target or/and comis whatever now legalised.

Switch on the voice recorder of your mobile phone if they loitering for bribes and produce later

to bribery commisission, a copy of conversation. I do that !

Have heard that our Police is the only police who collect Tragets/commissions on road offences in the world ,since their mission has not properly focused/Understood. In other countries a traffic offence is a offence , no tragets

associated with it.

Anybody knows this traget story is correct or not ?.

However the Police entertains this facility to traget the small fish while Sharks escape. Double standard !!!

when they act like ass-holes then if circumstances so dictate then i respond in the same manner to them.

Well, these bribery and corruption stories are nice, but I was once copped for cutting the single line in Kurunegala and while I didn't come up with any excuses, the cop himself noted I was from Colombo and sent me off, telling me I would have to haul my ass back to Kurunegala just to get my license back. He was rather polite too.

A reason why he softened up may have been because I had my mom and two other ladies in the car (I'm not exactly the kind that melts hearts), but either way I was rather grateful.

And it's a good thing he didn't have a speed gun on him, or the line offence would not have been the only problem I would have had to face that day.

They maybe a minority, but there are some generous cops out there.

Yeah I agree with you machan, there are still few good cops out there..

Ones I was driving from colombo to kandy on this unregistered axio of a relative. My father was on the passenger side. I was copped for cutting the double line, me and my father got out and my father did all the talking. He told the three police officers that he was an ex-traffic cop, which was a complete lie. but believe me he really looks like one! :D The cops looked at my father and me from head to toe, had a little small talk and sent us on our way.. We were laughing all the way to kandy.

From that day this trick has worked for me a couple of times, but I have to admit that if I keep pushing my luck, there probably will be a day that both of us will end up in jail! :P

Edited by Reckless

They maybe a minority, but there are some generous cops out there.

I once tried to overtake a van on the airport road as I was in a hurry to visit a friend at the Negombo hospital. Mind you, when I say overtake, I must have been with my right-signal on for at least 1.5 km as the left hand lane was full of traffic and construction and only one lane was really working that day. Finally got copped going over those yellow/black bumps in the middle of the road. When the cop (and he was an SI) asked me if I knew what I did, I said yes I knew what I did and the offense. But I said "Do you know what HE did? I have been trying to overtake him for the last 1.5km with my signal on as I'm on the way to hospital and he did not respond to the horn and was hogging the centre of the road." I said this in a polite way, and the guy asked whether I happened to remember the license plate number of the van. as I had been staring at it for so long, I gave him the number. Not only did he let me go as I had admitted to the fault and justified it, he even claimed to radio the cops up ahead on the road and tell them to pull the van over for obstructing traffic. I've no idea whether the latter thing actually happened, but sometimes just tell them the truth and they just might listen.

sometimes evading the cop altogether works. but you gotta have a good 6th sense to judge when you could get away with it or else you'd be totally screwed.

What if I speed up even faster when the speed-cop stops me? Traffic police aren't armed right? Can I breeze past all the police stops up front or pull over and hide? :D Anyone tried this?

Wonder what would happen if we gave them the finger and whizzed past <_<

Mate, look who has given the reputation to AfzGTR LOL :D

:lol: there is two ways that can happen he rep his self up or there is a bigger idiot than him who rep that post.

Dudes is the seat belt law still there? Has any one got coped for not putting on their seat belt? :unsure:

i never heard any one get coped for it may be it's not valid now.

What if I speed up even faster when the speed-cop stops me? Traffic police aren't armed right? Can I breeze past all the police stops up front or pull over and hide? :D Anyone tried this?

you give them the finger and they'd make sure you are totally screwed, that's a big NO NO. speeding past as if you GENUINELY didn't see works. but you gotta judge the situation well and make sure cop wouldn't want to take much trouble to take the matter further. if there's any doubt that the cop may actually take matter further then paying the spot fine might make more sense.

Dudes is the seat belt law still there? Has any one got coped for not putting on their seat belt? :unsure:

Law or not seat belts are no joke, its almost a no brainier.

Manufacturers put them for a purpose learn to use them !

i agree belts are not a joke btw if you not wear seat belt there is a chance that air bag is not get deployed?

Yes I agree, but here most of the laws are ignored if they are not enforced properly.

Most people will not think about their own safety, nor the purpose of seat belts, but if you have to pay a fine then they WILL put on their seat belts. :D I have seen people who buckle their seat belt to the seat then sit on it to prevent the alarm from triggering. :blink:

Edited by Reckless

btw if you not wear seat belt there is a chance that air bag is not get deployed?

No, airbags would still work. But on some cars there are occupancy sensors, so if a passenger is not present on the seat the airbag will not deploy. Correct me if Im wrong.

Edited by Reckless

There is a good chance that we will lose a AL member... :)

SL is still under emergency laws and the cops won't lose sleep over filling you full of lead, and planting a grenade and pack of drugs in the glove box to really make things interesting for your next of kin... ;)

Whatever the offense, obey the Traffic Cops! Let them do their job and if you don't agree with what happens, then take necessary action later through a lawyer.

Did once. nothing happened..

Yes I agree, but here most of the laws are ignored if they are not enforced properly.

Most people will not think about their own safety, nor the purpose of seat belts, but if you have to pay a fine then they WILL put on their seat belts. :D I have seen people who buckle their seat belt to the seat then sit on it to prevent the alarm from triggering. :blink:

it is like have to force them to wear it and they don't buckle their seat belt to the seat they remove the wire line that connect seat belt reminder light or alarm.