• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Buy A Yamaha Bike?

Huzefa

well said ripper :alc:

also those two stroke bikes are beasts. i can imagine how quick your 200 would have been. My first bike was a Bandit & a friend of mind had a CRM250 2 stroke i used to borrow it from him all da time just for the thrill of the 2 stroke noise & the sheer power it offered with the twist of the throttle. u could feel the front lighten up when u throttle it all of a sudden :violent-smiley-099:

OT

hell yeah... love the 2 smokes. was getting a bit tired of 2t getting spewed all over the place though.

the mtx200 is very light and quite nimble for a 200. had loads of fun in it :) the CRM was far better though... also the legendary CR500 :D :D

and quite possibly one of the best 2 stroke streetbikes i've ridden is an 89 model nsr250 :) scaringly fast and very light and it handles beautifully.

also had the very rare pleasure of riding an aprilia rs250 with a 500cc 2 stroke engine in it. conversion done in italy from what i heard.

still kicking myself for not buying that bike when it was up for sale :( had no papers though so only track usage.

but now i'm settled for thumpers :)

no oil drops, tons of torque and lovely exhaust note...

VVTI and I found a nice NX650...registered...i've asked the bugger to give me a ring if he ever thinks if parting with it :P

OT

hell yeah... love the 2 smokes. was getting a bit tired of 2t getting spewed all over the place though.

the mtx200 is very light and quite nimble for a 200. had loads of fun in it :) the CRM was far better though... also the legendary CR500 :D :D

and quite possibly one of the best 2 stroke streetbikes i've ridden is an 89 model nsr250 :) scaringly fast and very light and it handles beautifully.

also had the very rare pleasure of riding an aprilia rs250 with a 500cc 2 stroke engine in it. conversion done in italy from what i heard.

still kicking myself for not buying that bike when it was up for sale :( had no papers though so only track usage.

VVTI and I found a nice NX650...registered...i've asked the bugger to give me a ring if he ever thinks if parting with it :P

hell yeh the 2 strokes are still fun... rode an NSR... damn lov the tukutuku sound.... really loud.. .rode a yamaha Rx100 at one time and for a 100cc dat bike was awesome.... as quoted once on the internet... the 2 strokes are light and proly the most powerful basic engine ever invented.

OT

hell yeh the 2 strokes are still fun... rode an NSR... damn lov the tukutuku sound.... really loud.. .rode a yamaha Rx100 at one time and for a 100cc dat bike was awesome.... as quoted once on the internet... the 2 strokes are light and proly the most powerful basic engine ever invented.

@ Huzefa wen ur done with the FZ and u wanna sell it off u might wanna go for a brand new 2011 Honda CBR.... its manufactured in thailand thoh but looks really good and very close to the Honda VFR 1200 ... u might wanna give it a look sometime althoh its a single cyl engine... if you want the looks go for it... Stafford motors says theyll get it down by august and theyll be giving it a warranty and stuff so its it should be a good deal!

Well dude... seee i understand and i will always agree that a CBR is better... but see you were too smart thinking of ways to let the FZ down you forgot to stick to the point AKA the topic of this thread? wasn't it suposed to be about helping a newbie on a bike???

and every word on my reply was in context of the topic i believe... and every thing else mentioned here is in context with Jap and Indian Bikes and far far away from the topic that actually needs help... see sometimes its ok to not be toooo smart!! just answer the question will ya the next time. Its what forums are for.. .to help people out there.

and ooops did i say oil cooled? im sorry i meant Water cooled which makes the situation worst.. .and yeah i rode to Pollonaruwa and a few other places and back??? hard to believe is it? which is why sometimes it makes sense to just hush and listen coz i experienced it and you didnt. (L)

Ohh and the 30,000 km thing... if the guy was buying a 1994-1996 CBR 250 MC-22... you think it'l ride for 30,000 Kms atleast with out any trouble? i doubt it!! apart from the fact that when it break down parts are costly, hard to find and its hard to maintain!!! Pffft again... your really good at proving your point... and please... we are talking about the Actual scenario and dont say stuff like "if its brand new it would give u much more than that" haha dont use "IF's" your not really helping anyone here... haha ... *laughs loud... IF pffft! *

OMG... ive got more... u said the CBR has been around for more than 20 years hahahahahaha MATE where are you from? the CBR on our roads the MC-22's haha for 20 years.... ur a very bad Joker... FYI made in the year 1994 and it was being assembled until 1996-1998 did you say 20 years ?? lol what year are we in??? OMG year 2015???!!!! haha mate... its 2011 :) listen to what you saying... i can say im much younger than you... and i think i knw what im talking ooops...

ohh and the last point.... does riding pleasure always come on a fast Jab bike??? hahaha ur a joke!! you have no idea of what your talking... Pss let me help you become more wise ya... why dont you refer www.xbhp.com theres alot to read... Actual Forum with Actual ppl helping each other... alot to read!

So i hope atleast now you come to terms of agreeing that the FZ is the most sensible choice "IF YOUR A NEWBIE" ??? agreee??

i dont mean to offend any1... but i knew what i was talking and you didnt.. and you just wanted to be the hero who steals the wrong show!! its not a sour n grape story!!! this is the reality!

knowledge is Wisdom! cheers to anyone... give respect and expect it back!

peace!

Well im really bored by reading ur thread & too tired to reply :rolleyes:

Its useless trying to talk sense to someone like u who thinks the best bike in the world is ur little FZ.... u listed the amount of bikes u have ridden in an earlier post if i list out the bikes i have ridden u would be pissing in ur pants.... so i seriously dont see a point arguing with someone as in experienced with u...who thinks the FZ is such a special bike....talk to me in three years & let me know if u still think so....There is no use arguing with a mutt like u who thinks that CBR parts are hard to find. Just for the simple reason that cheap indian parts are available everywhere...if u want parts for a CBR try Nikko motors.... i was not talking about IF scenarios when talking about brand new CBR's...a brand new CBR will give much better maintenance free running than a FZ......

The CBR Gull Arm was made in 1990 get u r facts straight dumbass...so that 21 years now. u think a FZ would be able to sell one bike with the same design they have now in 21 years.... :angry-smiley-048:

Your not helping a newbie here u r trying to sell the FZ to some jackasses.... i didnt know A*W couldnt afford advertising so they hire cheap puppets like u to do their advertising...well its not helping mate....only a j***a$$ like u who believe the stupid things u say...... :angry-smiley-048:

u have said at last knowledge is wisdom...how long have u been riding bikes???? name 10 bikes u have ridden????

I been riding bikes long before u were even thinking of riding a mountain bike :angry-smiley-048:

• Like 2

OT

ya man its so much fun riding them two strokes with the 2t smell all over u r clothes haha...

The 2 stroke i loved the most was a RGV 250 suzuki...its just like the NSR plenty of torque great bike....

im sure u will have loads of fun with NX650 should be super...u know another bike for u is the africa twin...for the kind of riding u do...or the TDM850...both bikes are available in SL....just do a small search machan

I doubt it was a NSR...might have been a three wheeler :angry-smiley-048:

@ Huzefa wen ur done with the FZ and u wanna sell it off u might wanna go for a brand new 2011 Honda CBR.... its manufactured in thailand thoh but looks really good and very close to the Honda VFR 1200 ... u might wanna give it a look sometime althoh its a single cyl engine... if you want the looks go for it... Stafford motors says theyll get it down by august and theyll be giving it a warranty and stuff so its it should be a good deal!

hmmm maybe i will :) Thanks..

ya man its so much fun riding them two strokes with the 2t smell all over u r clothes haha...

The 2 stroke i loved the most was a RGV 250 suzuki...its just like the NSR plenty of torque great bike....

im sure u will have loads of fun with NX650 should be super...u know another bike for u is the africa twin...for the kind of riding u do...or the TDM850...both bikes are available in SL....just do a small search machan

have been looking quietly :)

i really loved the NX cos though it's a 650, it doesn't really show it self off...which is super :)

and didn't know the africa twin was available here...never seen one...

and the best bit is that these larger bikes tend to go for somewhat silly money from what i hear.

have been looking quietly :)

i really loved the NX cos though it's a 650, it doesn't really show it self off...which is super :)

and didn't know the africa twin was available here...never seen one...

and the best bit is that these larger bikes tend to go for somewhat silly money from what i hear.

ya at the time i bought my CBR929RR the same dealer had an africa twin i remember him asking for something less than 200,000 back then...i dont know what the prizes are now...but u should be able to find a good africa twin if u look around & believe me its a bang for buck...even the TDM850 would be the same....

ya at the time i bought my CBR929RR the same dealer had an africa twin i remember him asking for something less than 200,000 back then...i dont know what the prizes are now...but u should be able to find a good africa twin if u look around & believe me its a bang for buck...even the TDM850 would be the same....

yeah...that's an awesome bike with simple rugged mechanics. and i'd prefer to stick to honda after owning a couple over the years and kinda know how the internals work :) I'll drop you a msg on fb machang to maybe get the contact to your dealer. these kinda bikes don't move that much for obvious reasons :D

yeah...that's an awesome bike with simple rugged mechanics. and i'd prefer to stick to honda after owning a couple over the years and kinda know how the internals work :) I'll drop you a msg on fb machang to maybe get the contact to your dealer. these kinda bikes don't move that much for obvious reasons :D

Ya sure would be a great bike for u...maybe v can get VVTI to buy one too since he is on da hunt :)

Ya sure would be a great bike for u...maybe v can get VVTI to buy one too since he is on da hunt :)

well i can always flog my XR to him and go for more displacement :D

evading the long arm of the law is the only hitch..

ya thats a good idea...i sent u a msg on ur FB machan.... Big displacement on off road bikes are less noticeable...so u should be able to get away just fine :)

Well im really bored by reading ur thread & too tired to reply :rolleyes:

Its useless trying to talk sense to someone like u who thinks the best bike in the world is ur little FZ.... u listed the amount of bikes u have ridden in an earlier post if i list out the bikes i have ridden u would be pissing in ur pants.... so i seriously dont see a point arguing with someone as in experienced with u...who thinks the FZ is such a special bike....talk to me in three years & let me know if u still think so....There is no use arguing with a mutt like u who thinks that CBR parts are hard to find. Just for the simple reason that cheap indian parts are available everywhere...if u want parts for a CBR try Nikko motors.... i was not talking about IF scenarios when talking about brand new CBR's...a brand new CBR will give much better maintenance free running than a FZ......

The CBR Gull Arm was made in 1990 get u r facts straight dumbass...so that 21 years now. u think a FZ would be able to sell one bike with the same design they have now in 21 years.... :angry-smiley-048:

Your not helping a newbie here u r trying to sell the FZ to some jackasses.... i didnt know A*W couldnt afford advertising so they hire cheap puppets like u to do their advertising...well its not helping mate....only a j***a$$ like u who believe the stupid things u say...... :angry-smiley-048:

u have said at last knowledge is wisdom...how long have u been riding bikes???? name 10 bikes u have ridden????

I been riding bikes long before u were even thinking of riding a mountain bike :angry-smiley-048:

Ohh Chooti Putha no need to get all agressive and offensive... u dont understand anything i say do you... your just replying with the intention of attack!!! Look ... hey any time of the day... id say a Japanese bike is better than an indian.... but thats between me and you and the rest of the bikers in here we all agree its better.. i dont understand wat ur on about saying crap like... "i wanna sell an FZ piece of trash" loook fine may be youve ridden more than 10 bikes, May be youve rode alot more than that, Fine you have more experience... ??? so with regard to the Topic again which you miss all the time... do you think your experience and the number of bikes youve ridden helps this poor topic guy in anyway... you need to learn the meaning of a Forum first!

again.... yes u are right... a jap is better.. i never said its good... i buy and sell Jap Bikes Duh!! maan ur such a Doosh and really over experienced tool u never understand a thing!! please try to understand.. u r right but this topid isnt about comparing an indian and a Jap... i believe every word ive said is in relation to the topic and every word uve said is to defend ur self frm the wrong advice uve give.... its ok to accept the fact that u went far away from the topic.. theres no shame.. and no ones even going to laugh about it... not even me!!

by now u have to agree than for a newbie who has just started to shift gears an FZ is better... y cant u just admit it for god sakes and then to defend ur self frm ur foolishness u come up with crappy stuff and swearing like a mad dog outa hell.... i dont think ur a dumbass u knw wat ur talking... but is it wat we need to hear? just bcz uve ridden bigger bikes dsnt mean u suggest them to a newbie... not atleast after hes just said hes starting to learn to shift gear!!! really i thnk u shud just agree and shooosh!!! coz u knw man..

i might need help sumtime and i might need ur advice... i need help frm everyone in here.. so dont get it personal... i agree a jap is always better... but again a CBR is not a gud choice for a newbie! just say agree and we shall call this silly thing off....!!

P.s.s i luv the way u started saying too tired to reply and then had all the energy to reply.... haha epic fail!

so we good? a 150 is better to start with than a 250 and leave alone the story of a CBR instead of a Jade which i wud have suggested!!!

take no offence... i repeat... knowledge is wisdom... yes i said dat and to correct you... knowledge doesnt have to come from over 10 years of riding a bike... sumtimes its from basic stuff like reading and listening to the right sources! if your saying u knw about bikes just coz uve ridden them for longer... haha... ur a joke...

sorry again no offence.. ur stealing the wrng show dude... lets call it a day shall we? i need sum help with my bike stuff.. i shapp message u sumtime... and try to help if ya can!

peace everybody!

Ohh Chooti Putha no need to get all agressive and offensive... u dont understand anything i say do you... your just replying with the intention of attack!!! Look ... hey any time of the day... id say a Japanese bike is better than an indian.... but thats between me and you and the rest of the bikers in here we all agree its better.. i dont understand wat ur on about saying crap like... "i wanna sell an FZ piece of trash" loook fine may be youve ridden more than 10 bikes, May be youve rode alot more than that, Fine you have more experience... ??? so with regard to the Topic again which you miss all the time... do you think your experience and the number of bikes youve ridden helps this poor topic guy in anyway... you need to learn the meaning of a Forum first!

again.... yes u are right... a jap is better.. i never said its good... i buy and sell Jap Bikes Duh!! maan ur such a Doosh and really over experienced tool u never understand a thing!! please try to understand.. u r right but this topid isnt about comparing an indian and a Jap... i believe every word ive said is in relation to the topic and every word uve said is to defend ur self frm the wrong advice uve give.... its ok to accept the fact that u went far away from the topic.. theres no shame.. and no ones even going to laugh about it... not even me!!

by now u have to agree than for a newbie who has just started to shift gears an FZ is better... y cant u just admit it for god sakes and then to defend ur self frm ur foolishness u come up with crappy stuff and swearing like a mad dog outa hell.... i dont think ur a dumbass u knw wat ur talking... but is it wat we need to hear? just bcz uve ridden bigger bikes dsnt mean u suggest them to a newbie... not atleast after hes just said hes starting to learn to shift gear!!! really i thnk u shud just agree and shooosh!!! coz u knw man.. :angry-smiley-048:

i might need help sumtime and i might need ur advice... i need help frm everyone in here.. so dont get it personal... i agree a jap is always better... but again a CBR is not a gud choice for a newbie! just say agree and we shall call this silly thing off....!!

P.s.s i luv the way u started saying too tired to reply and then had all the energy to reply.... haha epic fail!

so we good? a 150 is better to start with than a 250 and leave alone the story of a CBR instead of a Jade which i wud have suggested!!!

take no offence... i repeat... knowledge is wisdom... :angry-smiley-048: yes i said dat and to correct you... knowledge doesnt have to come from over 10 years of riding a bike... sumtimes its from basic stuff like reading and listening to the right sources! if your saying u knw about bikes just coz uve ridden them for longer... haha... ur a joke...

sorry again no offence.. ur stealing the wrng show dude... lets call it a day shall we? i need sum help with my bike stuff.. i shapp message u sumtime... and try to help if ya can!

peace everybody!

Well if u really wanna know what a good first bike is...its not a FZ either its a Chally or a mate... something small so that the rider will learn how to ride properly without falling down.... All u r just trying to do is show that the FZ is the best bike for a beginner...well wrong answer its not either...i really cant be wasting my time with someone like u.... Ur the one who started dissing around the members by asking if v call our self bikes...haha...well if there was a name for ricers in the bike world im sure it will fit u r profile....becoz Sir u are a true ricer when it comes to bikes...its people like u who look at someones mouth when they talk about bikes & pick stuff up, then u go around telling it to everyone like u know everything :angry-smiley-048: Grow up buddy...first go ride some proper bikes :angry-smiley-048: Dont just listen what someone said about a bike & talk like u know it & experienced it dat doesnt mean u have knowledge....ur knowledge with jap bikes & their models is zero.... well i guess trying to be a hero comes with the indian bikes :alc:

Plz atleast borrow someones CBR & ride it a bit without crying like a little girl...ride something worth riding :violent-smiley-099:

• Like 3

by now u have to agree than for a newbie who has just started to shift gears an FZ is better... y cant u just admit it for god sakes and then to defend ur self frm ur foolishness u come up with crappy stuff and swearing like a mad dog outa hell.... i dont think ur a dumbass u knw wat ur talking... but is it wat we need to hear? just bcz uve ridden bigger bikes dsnt mean u suggest them to a newbie... not atleast after hes just said hes starting to learn to shift gear!!! really i thnk u shud just agree and shooosh!!! coz u knw man..

take no offence... i repeat... knowledge is wisdom... yes i said dat and to correct you... knowledge doesnt have to come from over 10 years of riding a bike... sumtimes its from basic stuff like reading and listening to the right sources! if your saying u knw about bikes just coz uve ridden them for longer... haha... ur a joke...

peace everybody!

a 4 cylinder 250cc bike like a cbr really isn't a "BIG" bike for a newbie.

I myself started off with a 2stroke 200cc...never had an issue though i do share scars like most bikers do. Not because the bike was too big for me, but because all bikers no matter how good you are, will end up meeting the tarmac someday.

So if your basis of argument is simply... a noob can't own a cbr250 and an FZ is better since it's a less powerful bike... i think that's completely wrong.

A bike like a CBR will give you better handling, hence better safety...better balance which also means better safety... better braking which also means better safety. The CBR is developed for decades, fine tuned for decades and been proven all over the world...both on roads and an on tracks.

If i was a noob and had the choice between the two considering all those points...i would easily go for the CBR... which is why my first bike too was a 200cc and not some puny little indian bike. But that's just me...

And i'm pretty sure AL mobike fans like CP, MasterDon, Mani and Pradfred all share similar views.

You are entitled to your own opinion but that really doesn't make it the correct one.

Especially in a community forum like this where both cars and bikes are seen beyond just a means of transport.

Edited by Ripper
  • Like 1

Well if u really wanna know what a good first bike is...its not a FZ either its a Chally or a mate... something small so that the rider will learn how to ride properly without falling down.... All u r just trying to do is show that the FZ is the best bike for a beginner...well wrong answer its not either...i really cant be wasting my time with someone like u.... Ur the one who started dissing around the members by asking if v call our self bikes...haha...well if there was a name for ricers in the bike world im sure it will fit u r profile....becoz Sir u are a true ricer when it comes to bikes...its people like u who look at someones mouth when they talk about bikes & pick stuff up, then u go around telling it to everyone like u know everything :angry-smiley-048: Grow up buddy...first go ride some proper bikes :angry-smiley-048: Dont just listen what someone said about a bike & talk like u know it & experienced it dat doesnt mean u have knowledge....ur knowledge with jap bikes & their models is zero.... well i guess trying to be a hero comes with the indian bikes :alc:

Plz atleast borrow someones CBR & ride it a bit without crying like a little girl...ride something worth riding :violent-smiley-099:

well...they never did make a mobike with training wheels did they? now something like that would be ideal for a newbie...

better yet...a tricycle :D very safe for a newbie :D

Riding a bike is something u dont master over night... im sure most of the members agree that the falls, mishaps, the cuts & bruises that go along with it play a huge role in learning to ride a bike...but this doesnt mean u go like a j***a$$ & crash into stuff.... but with the falls u learn lots of things...u become more carefull after a few falls & u know what not to do when riding a bike.... so all the reading in the world wouldnt come close to the experience u gain over the years riding a bike...be a street bike, race bike or off road bike :alc: experience is the key to it all...

• Like 1

Flog it to me?? What? If you are in the hunt for Godzilla on 2 wheels, where do you think I would be?

Flog it to me?? What? If you are in the hunt for Godzilla on 2 wheels, where do you think I would be?

so we'll hunt for two beasts then :D

can flog my XR in any case :) just a few "interesting" rides around town and calls will come in :D