• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hp 1700+

Parak

Hi All

By accident I came across this Commiunity TV programme(ozgarage.com) in South Australia. They put some clips on the YouTube are very clear and simplify most of the technological matters. Copy and paste link below on your web browser, you may be able see lot of cilps about Dyno testing of various cars

enjoy

That damn thing wont be moving anywhere in the real world, the turbo lag would be unbearable :blink:

Sorry, I do not know much about technical terms. As you can see this has been done in a professionals and a top grade garage. I wonder anybody spending that much money for useless Mod.

Sorry, I do not know much about technical terms. As you can see this has been done in a professionals and a top grade garage. I wonder anybody spending that much money for useless Mod.

You really need to learn a few things. Stig said its useless for day to day, real world. Those things are generally built for things like drag racing.

Haven't you heard of this thing called Formula 1? Do you know how much those cars cost? But despite spending all that money, you can't drive those cars daily on real world roads. Just watch the Singapore GP and see what happens when they run on a GOOD normal road, see those things bottoming out and sparks and dust flying.

• Like 1

No im not saying its a useless mod, it might be fast on a straight line but in the real world the turbo lag would be immense.

Watch this video and you will understand what i meant by turbo lag :)

This was a stock car with a stock turbo with only 400bhp

And looking at the size of those twin turbos in this car its even hard to believe that those things will even hardly move

You really need to learn a few things. Stig said its useless for day to day, real world. Those things are generally built for things like drag racing.

Haven't you heard of this thing called Formula 1? Do you know how much those cars cost? But despite spending all that money, you can't drive those cars daily on real world roads. Just watch the Singapore GP and see what happens when they run on a GOOD normal road, see those things bottoming out and sparks and dust flying.

You are so called moderator but the way you talk is intimidating such as "Haven't you heard of this things called Formula 1". I want to know have you every being to F1 races? Anyway, Do you know where I am living, It is under 4 Km from the Old F1 track . Hey these cars for petrol heads may be they using on the normal roads. Have you asked your self why people trying to import expensive cars & 4WD to SL that never can put on to 4th gear or go Off road. This scenario is much more accpetable than people trying to modify Honda Civic. When People have the money, technology and the proper garages they do what they want to.

What I wanted to show in this post was, what modifications people trying and their achivements.

Edited by Parak

No im not saying its a useless mod, it might be fast on a straight line but in the real world the turbo lag would be immense.

And looking at the size of those twin turbos in this car its even hard to believe that those things will even hardly move

Thanks for the Video. Question is why they bulit a car(one on the Video) like that and put a price tag if there is no Market? . Different people have different ideas and requirements.

You are so called moderator but the way you talk is intimidating such as "Haven't you heard of this things called Formula 1".

For one, I'm not a so-called moderator. I AM a moderator. Its because you can't get your head around little facts like this that you come across like you do.

And... you find the phrase "Haven't you heard of this thing called Formula 1?" intimidating? Good lord.... I weep for humanity. I don't even want to bother critiquing the rest of your reply, coz a. you probably won't understand, and b. its too ridiculously easy.

See, you'd gone and said something daft again. Stig never said there wasn't a market either. He said its useless in real world driving. Not that its a useless mod. The market for these things do exist, but its not those looking for a day-to-day, drive to work car.

For one, I'm not a so-called moderator. I AM a moderator. Its because you can't get your head around little facts like this that you come across like you do.

And... you find the phrase "Haven't you heard of this thing called Formula 1?" intimidating? Good lord.... I weep for humanity. I don't even want to bother critiquing the rest of your reply, coz a. you probably won't understand, and b. its too ridiculously easy.

See, you'd gone and said something daft again. Stig never said there wasn't a market either. He said its useless in real world driving. Not that its a useless mod. The market for these things do exist, but its not those looking for a day-to-day, drive to work car.

Ok, Da Moderator :D stop bullshiting. Do not weep for humanity, weep for your self. Do you agree with the SL car owners putting rear spoilers on their corollas, Mazda 3, Civic etc is a useful mod?:unsure:

Edited by Parak

Ok, Da Moderator :D stop bullshiting. Do not weep for humanity, weep for your self. Do you agree with the SL car owners putting rear spoilers on their corollas, Mazda 3, Civic etc is useful mod?:unsure:

Dude, I don't know whats wrong with you, but I bet its hard to pronounce. Where the heck do you get off trying to accuse me of saying something like putting spoilers on fwd econoboxes are a useful thing? Must be the brain damage from all the petrol vapor you inhaled living almost 4km from the old F1 track. :rolleyes:

Now stop wasting my time.

Edited by Pericles

Hey...Isn't this the chap who wanted us lankans to walk to work and 'roughen it' or something along those lines....while he's living in Australia!

Exactly Don, Great Memory, Yes indeed, Rather telling I like acting it does not matter SL or Ozzi. I try to ride the Push Bike to work when it is possible. My wife ride the bike to work at least every other day. Weekend 40km family ride just started last week. It is better for health, environment and for the family. Now everybody trying to buy 4wheels in SL(It is passion? rather than the requirement), there is no space for road widening due to high population density. It is up to you guys what you want.

What we can see in here is increasing number of Cyclist, Walking to work and taking the public transport. I know what you see over there. I spent three weeks in SL during last Dec Holidays

Cheers

Dude, I don't know whats wrong with you, but I bet its hard to pronounce. Where the heck do you get off trying to accuse me of saying something like putting spoilers on fwd econoboxes are a useful thing? Must be the brain damage from all the petrol vapor you inhaled living almost 4km from the old F1 track. :rolleyes:

how can this be a stock car?????

Exactly Don, Great Memory, Yes indeed, Rather telling I like acting it does not matter SL or Ozzi. I try to ride the Push Bike to work when it is possible. My wife ride the bike to work at least every other day. Weekend 40km family ride just started last week. It is better for health, environment and for the family. Now everybody trying to buy 4wheels in SL(It is passion? rather than the requirement), there is no space for road widening due to high population density. It is up to you guys what you want.

What we can see in here is increasing number of Cyclist, Walking to work and taking the public transport. I know what you see over there. I spent three weeks in SL during last Dec Holidays

Cheers

I'm sorry to tell you that Sri Lanka is not been developed yet to buy vehicles for passion.It's just the requirement. There maybe some people who do it for pleasure.but the majority do it to make their life convenient.Do you think it's easy task to ride push bike in SL with the smoky and dusty roads with the burning sun?.What you are telling maybe applicable to Australia,but not for Sri Lanka.People buying vehicles states a simple logic..thats the life standard of the Sri Lankan people are getting better. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to tell you that Sri Lanka is not been developed yet to buy vehicles for passion.It's just the requirement. There maybe some people who do it for pleasure.but the majority do it to make their life convenient.Do you think it's easy task to ride push bike in SL with the smoky and dusty roads with the burning sun?.What you are telling maybe applicable to Australia,but not for Sri Lanka.People buying vehicles states a simple logic..thats the life standard of the Sri Lankan people are getting better. :rolleyes:

No Arguments. I agree with you. That's what Govt Policies shuold do. Promote, facilitate and improve every body to use public transport. No offence for having a private cars, 4WD etc. But avoid the cities on busy times. It is not safe as a car to ride the bikes in the main roads. Thats why they adopted bike lanes recently (Aus). Other thing, such as provision of cycle lockers at railway stations, work places and shower facilities in work places promote the healthy and economical life style. There were some accidents before because drivers never used to deal with the Cyclists. But now there are more and more cyclist hence drivers become aware of them. I understand this is not possible in colombo right now. How ever I could see the imporvement on traffic control such as oneway street and development of pavements for pedestrians etc. We will get there some day.

Cheers

"Now stop wasting my time". Sorry mate I did not drag you into this dialogue. You just jumped in and quesitioned me about F1 racing etc. I did not waste your time. Go infront of the mirror an'd have a look who is wasting your time.

I am finishing this debate, As our Great Teacher Lord Budda said," I ALREADY STOPPED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STOP" (from Angulimala Jathakaya)

"Now stop wasting my time". Sorry mate I did not drag you into this dialogue. You just jumped in and quesitioned me about F1 racing etc. I did not waste your time. Go infront of the mirror an'd have a look who is wasting your time.

I am finishing this debate, As our Great Teacher Lord Budda said," I ALREADY STOPPED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STOP" (from Angulimala Jathakaya)

You seem to be unable to understand how to follow a conversation. Apparently the Aussies haven't taught you this. You are unable to differentiate market demand to usability. You are unable to realize the fact that I said you were wasting my time when you started questioning me about spoilers on econoboxes. Did you think this was a great use of my time?

Now go off and ride a bike or something.

what do u mean?????

As you know a turbo charger is driven from the exhaust gases. Exhaust gas pressure in the turbo charger needs to be built up to a certain level for the turbine to start spinning and start increase the intake air pressure. Larger the turbo, larger this lag is...

FQ-400 must be having a pretty large turbo to deliver 400hp with just a 2.3L engine...

Am I on the right track stiggy... :)

IT's the EVO VIII FQ400. There are no 3rd party modifications there. Just the ones done by Mitsubishi themselves...

so you say its a standard car becoz Mitsubishi does it???? Dude the FQ400 is not considered a standard car anywhere in the world. Its Developed by Ralliart for crying out loud so how can it be called standard :rolleyes:

As you know a turbo charger is driven from the exhaust gases. Exhaust gas pressure in the turbo charger needs to be built up to a certain level for the turbine to start spinning and start increase the intake air pressure. Larger the turbo, larger this lag is...

FQ-400 must be having a pretty large turbo to deliver 400hp with just a 2.3L engine...

Am I on the right track stiggy... :)

I know what lag is....i dont need u to google it & tell me :angry-smiley-048:

To prevent lag they have a gimick called Anti-lag...why dont u google dat & check it out :rolleyes:

I asked what do u mean??? becoz i wanted to know why stig thought the lag would be unbearable???? people dont go driving on fifth gear like on your favourite tv show top gear to see how much the turbo lags :alc:

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 2

Thank for the link MD.The public transport which he (Parak) states is not yet a reality in Sri Lanka.I don't know why he doesn't know to do a fare comparison of countries and people.If it's in between UK and Australia it can be a realistic comparison. :rolleyes: