• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question On Rmv Services.

MiraOwner

Hi All,

Is there a same day service for license renewal at RMV? if so

a. What do i need to take with me in terms of docs.

b. My license is faded and nothing except for the photograph is (barely) visible would that be a problem?

c. and at the same time can i get my revenue license updated? (is it done at the same place. have no clue)

d. Cars's revenue licence is past due for renewal will there be an issue? fine for this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MiraOwner

Hi All,

Is there a same day service for license renewal at RMV? if so

a. What do i need to take with me in terms of docs.

b. My license is faded and nothing except for the photograph is (barely) visible would that be a problem?

c. and at the same time can i get my revenue license updated? (is it done at the same place. have no clue)

d. Cars's revenue licence is past due for renewal will there be an issue? fine for this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is, but you have to go to Werahara for that. I also need to go, but too lazy.

a) Old license, ID and yourself.

b. Not really. As long as you have the ID.

c) For revenue you can go to your nearest Provincial Council office. Or to Maligawatte office where they renew for all areas.

d) 10% of the total for every month or part thereof.

Yes there is, but you have to go to Werahara for that. I also need to go, but too lazy.

a) Old license, ID and yourself.

b. Not really. As long as you have the ID.

c) For revenue you can go to your nearest Provincial Council office. Or to Maligawatte office where they renew for all areas.

d) 10% of the total for every month or part thereof.

Thanks mate! i know i've been putting it off for ages.

Note: 1. Make sure to go go before 6.30 if you want to get the license in One day service.

Absolutely no need. I went around 9.45 (in January) and got token number 170-something. Another member of this group went around 8.30 and got it done on one-day service on a different occasion.

Note: 2. It is easy to their procedures if u hv the D/L number.

No need. Their old system and new system are not interconnected. They just get the information from the old system. This search can be done from NIC number as well.

3. Do not pay for the black crows surrounding the Weherahera

I only saw the flying crows. Didn't see any crows that ask for money. Perhaps they do exist but the process of issuing license is streamlined enough to make touting an unprofitable business. Not sure whether passing some bucks to the peons inside to expedite the process has better results.

If you haven't had the experience of renewing a disfigured DL, you shouldn't be giving advice.

Hey guys got one more issue. a friend of mine told me to get the medical certificate before going to RMV for the new DL, and i went to see a doc and he asked me to get the blood group tested so that he can put it in the certificate. but the form available in the DMT website here does'nt have a place to put the blood group. is this essential to have this information to get the old DL renewed? :unsure: