• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Red Colour Number Plate

AfzGTR

Oh yes some of my friends in the venappuwa area have Different red plates well they do drive LC Sahara and stuff cops want mind over there untill they really get caught i guess .But mostly i think it was for the politicos funny thing is they have the old Box prado with 2009/2010 ,probably took the original number off and put this for show. (politicians)

yes those vehicles has to registered to a government council and they are insured to the chassis number but there are lots of vehicles running under those by people who are related or friends of politicos. but the problem is anyone can do it and police wont stop these rides.

Oh yes some of my friends in the venappuwa area have Different red plates well they do drive LC Sahara and stuff cops want mind over there untill they really get caught i guess .But mostly i think it was for the politicos funny thing is they have the old Box prado with 2009/2010 ,probably took the original number off and put this for show. (politicians)

People running around on those plates for no good reason deserve to have the crap beaten out of them.

• Like 4

People running around on those plates for no good reason deserve to have the crap beaten out of them.

As i know most of the Vips and VVIPS including some one I know and is aged 16 ,drives his own Landrover defender with the 2009/10 plate with the VVIP' pass and HSZ (high security Zone).

Cops wont even bother to stop, and there parents arent politicians but are reputed citizens :).

• Like 1

Duty free imported cars at teh very early stage were given red number plates and owners had opposed for it and later on only the P or D was given in red.

I have seen blue number plates recently. Has anybody got any clue?

Duty free imported cars at teh very early stage were given red number plates and owners had opposed for it and later on only the P or D was given in red.

Just wondered why there was a need for the differentiation on the number plate like this?

You mean the "WPC 2009/2010" ones? I assumed they were politico plates, at they are most commonly seem in convoys...

about convoys...now they arent allowd to honk and stop other vehicles right???

Are they? havent seen any of them doing it upto now.....even this morning i had to wait and let some convoys pass when im comming to work...

Who cares. If you see one coming, get outta the way. Those guys won't hesitate to ram your vehicle if they think you're a threat or whatever.

i've also seen UK type number plates on some vehicles, any idea what gives?

Again its very strange. It was discussed before on a different thread that they might be here on a "car net": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATA_Carnet

As for the convoy business, the story goes that the president went in a normal car sans convoy, to what it was like, and was actually inconvenienced by another politician and his cronies. He then told them not to use convoys to barge through traffic or something. Maybe someone else could enlighten us on this?