• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda City Vs Toyota 121

fairly

Appreciate anyone's advise on this.

I have seen a Honda City 2003 late registered (imported brand new and one owner) and also a Corolla 121. Many advised not to go for a Honda City as the second hand market is very dull and I will be stuck with the car and also that the parts are really expensive and suggested to go for a 121 instead.

Anyone's opinion is greatly appreciated.

I have seen a Honda City 2003 late registered (imported brand new and one owner) and also a Corolla 121. Many advised not to go for a Honda City as the second hand market is very dull and I will be stuck with the car and also that the parts are really expensive and suggested to go for a 121 instead.

go for corolla 121 it has better market valve than honda city spare parts are cheaper and has better ride comfort and good looking than honda city. :)

go for corolla 121 it has better market valve than honda city spare parts are cheaper and has better ride comfort and good looking than honda city. :)

Thanks very much. Actually you are the sixth person advising to go for a 121 iso a Honda. Brgds

Honda city is not a bad one.But if you consider the resale value, spare parts,comfort and the more space in the cabin.better leg room. and front view..I would say you should go for 121. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much. Actually you are the sixth person advising to go for a 121 iso a Honda. Brgds

you can't compare toyota corolla to honda city but vios and city can compare because both of them build quality is lot similar.

you can't compare toyota corolla to honda city but vios and city can compare because both of them build quality is lot similar.

Thanks again. I was mainly looking at the resale value after say 3 to 4 years. I will sellte for a 121.

Thanks again. I was mainly looking at the resale value after say 3 to 4 years. I will sellte for a 121.

Good choice mate! :)

I have a couple of questions, Are all Honda City's assembled in India?

I've also heard that some 121's with leather seats etc. are imported from Singapore, are they also assembled in sing? :unsure:

Good choice mate! :)

I have a couple of questions, Are all Honda City's assembled in India?

I've also heard that some 121's with leather seats etc. are imported from Singapore, are they also assembled in sing? :unsure:

no honda city's are manufactured in lots of countries not only in india :)

• 2 weeks later...

good luck with your purchasing fairly. :)

Thanks mate. Finally ended up with a unregistered Axio X. Managed to get at a bargain price even after the duty hike. I am happy with it. However still struggling to get into terms with the audio/video screen as the instructions are in Japanese....

Thanks mate. Finally ended up with a unregistered Axio X. Managed to get at a bargain price even after the duty hike. I am happy with it. However still struggling to get into terms with the audio/video screen as the instructions are in Japanese....

congratulation fairly btw how much it cost :)

I have seen that some of the ppl saying that they r not considering the resale value since they are looking to use for a long period. Bt my recommendation to consider it very hardly. Then u wont never worry abt that. For a simple example i had two friends one who has purchased Nissan caravan at 7 lakhs and other frnd purchased Mazda VAN 5 lakhs. Person who has caravan can sale his vehicle now at least 24 lakhs. Other can sale it 9-10 i guess.so see the difference.

I have seen that some of the ppl saying that they r not considering the resale value since they are looking to use for a long period. Bt my recommendation to consider it very hardly. Then u wont never worry abt that. For a simple example i had two friends one who has purchased Nissan caravan at 7 lakhs and other frnd purchased Mazda VAN 5 lakhs. Person who has caravan can sale his vehicle now at least 24 lakhs. Other can sale it 9-10 i guess.so see the difference.

Jeezz.. "Investment" Vans.. :D Good on them owners (good as long as they not going to pay twice as much to get newer replacement van). :D

People like you really amuse me.

WOW some logic you got there. :speechless-smiley-004:

Resale value doesn't effect a vehicle of the same make and model any differently.

For an instance a two people who buy an allion for the same price will probably sell the car for an equal amount, however if one buys a Hyundai or any other unpopular brand for the same price as an allion he will have to sell for a lower price.

So are you saying that if the market value of vehicle is 24 lakhs someone who doesn't consider resale value will sell his vehicle for 7 lakhs ? Not considering resale value is one thing but being stupid and being good at is a totally different thing :action-smiley-060: