• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 Hyundai Sonata With R-Series Diesel Engine

YesinLegend

Question

Wouldn't it be great if Hyundai Dealership could import the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata with the 2000cc R-series Diesel engine. The car would not only look great but the running costs would be easy on the wallet too. Besides Diesel gives more power than the equivalent capacity Petrol engine. The R-series diesel engine already sold here in the 2011 Santa fe & the 2011 Kia Sorento-R too. They already manufacture R series Sonatas in South Korea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_R_engine (it is at the bottom of the page)I don't think Prestige Autos offer this trim because it's not on their catalog. I think adding a Diesel to this cars Lineup would make way more Desirable than it already is. Who wouldn't want a car that looks like a Mercedes CLS & 150,000Km warranty for just 5.5mil.

Just to be frank I'm no sales representative.Ignore those comments.I just really wish hyundai would bring the Diesel version.

post-47933-069276000 1303409069_thumb.jp

Edited by YesinLegend

Who wouldn't want a car that looks like a Mercedes CLS for just 5.5mil

People who wont buy - Most of the people in this forum

Reason- Because its a car that looks like a Mercedes CLS and not a real Merc ? :rolleyes:

the 2011 hyundai sonata is a good car, go for a test drive in it and see, you will be pleasantly surprised. there is no need to compare it to the merc or talk down to people that maybe interested in the sonata, you can get the sonata for less than 6.00mil its makes no sense to compare it to the CLS due to the passing resemblance

there is no need to compare it to the merc or talk down to people that maybe interested in the sonata,

The OP's (first) post sounds more like a marketing gimmick rather than genuine interest. So... yeah, expect sarcasm.

This model too would sell at lesser prices than a Maruti 800 in the local market in few years time, just like what already happened to the first few models of Sonata.

Frankly, that would be a good thing, cause the new Hyundai's are really packing.

the 2011 hyundai sonata is a good car, go for a test drive in it and see, you will be pleasantly surprised. there is no need to compare it to the merc or talk down to people that maybe interested in the sonata, you can get the sonata for less than 6.00mil its makes no sense to compare it to the CLS due to the passing resemblance

Oh dear... the Marketing manager is coming to save the Marketing Executive... :)

Frankly, that would be a good thing, cause the new Hyundai's are really packing.

Even the old ones were packed with leather seats, triptronic for that matter. But, you know how this second hand market behaves and sonata's are guzzlers without no proper reason to be so and that explains why it sells lesser than a price of a Maruti.

CP, went looking fr a few 2 wheelers. The prices are atrocious. Munta pissuda koheda!

But going with the Plan A and then see how it goes. THank you for the effort mate. I owe you a beer.

Ya true they quote absurd prices for them...i checked on da DRZ i told u about its worth for dat price but has a few work to be done on it.... anyways i have my eye out for something like what ripper has...if i get any for a cheap price will let u know.....

Your welcome machan...lets plan & do a trip machan...after u & ripper get back :alc:

Edited by Chooti Putha

Even the old ones were packed with leather seats, triptronic for that matter. But, you know how this second hand market behaves and sonata's are guzzlers without no proper reason to be so and that explains why it sells lesser than a price of a Maruti.

True that. I constantly see bigger engined vehicles going at rock bottom prices. I hope that trend continues, and I do hope our folk continue to worship Toyotas and buy them at insane prices. That enables us poor folk to afford nice cars. :)

• Like 2

Oh dear... the Marketing manager is coming to save the Marketing Executive... :)

its not like that mate, just cuss some dummy does some guerrilla marketing doesn't mean this is a bad car

my father owns one and i have driven it many times this year, its does well on fuel just so you know unlike the old model and it drives really well

unlike the old sonata this will have some 2nd hand value but only time will tell with this regard

since the 2nd hand market for cars like the elantra are holding steady similar improvement can be expected for the new sonata as well

No one said its a crappy car... stop being so sensitive. What is the with these girly-men of AL since of late????

These are the consequences of trying gurilla marketing in this forum. You try to do it here and it'll result in highlighting all the crap about the make/model you're trying to market. From the first attempt of marketing indian cars it happened here and here we go again.

Thats true, in a country where the first question people as is "how much does it do on fuel" its hard to believe a non Euro will retain any value after some time.

Even Euro's have a bad reputation regarding fuel consumption, the only reason they are hanging in there is the whole brand value thing.

Wouldn't it be great if Hyundai Dealership could import the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata with the 2000cc R-series Diesel engine. The car would not only look great but the running costs would be easy on the wallet too. Besides Diesel gives more power than the equivalent capacity Petrol engine. The R-series diesel engine already sold here in the 2011 Santa fe & the 2011 Kia Sorento-R too. They already manufacture R series Sonatas in South Korea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_R_engine (it is at the bottom of the page)I don't think Prestige Autos offer this trim because it's not on their catalog. I think adding a Diesel to this cars Lineup would make way more Desirable than it already is. Who wouldn't want a car that looks like a Mercedes CLS for just 5.5mil

You are a poor marketing guy. You should identify your target crowd. I am pretty sure most of AL members wouldn't fit in your cage. This is a very big ZERO in your report. :action-smiley-060:

Edited by luckey007
  • Like 1

Thats true, in a country where the first question people as is "how much does it do on fuel" its hard to believe a non Euro will retain any value after some time.

Even Euro's have a bad reputation regarding fuel consumption, the only reason they are hanging in there is the whole brand value thing.

Well that has definetly changed. For a fact i know many common rail diesels on reputed euro brands can easily do in excess of 12km/liter in the city. Even the e39 525 does over 12km/l out of colombo.

Well that has definetly changed. For a fact i know many common rail diesels on reputed euro brands can easily do in excess of 12km/liter in the city. Even the e39 525 does over 12km/l out of colombo.

I said reputation amongst the average people, not a fact :)

true. Lets try to keep it under wraps though. You wouldnt want the "average people" making a shift towards our territory and jacking up market prices :D

true true :D

The lack of knowledge and myth actually works to our advantage in this case