• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2010 Toyota Prius Fuel Range In Sri Lanka

Sasi007

Question

Hello

i have a 2010 toyota prius with solor panal, and iam getting 15 KM per Litter in EV Mode. and 17 KM per Litter in Normal Mode.

and i like to know how much u guys getting per L

######

Edited by MADZ

Hello

i have a 2010 toyota prius with solor panal, and iam getting 15 KM per Litter in EV Mode. and 17 KM per Litter in Normal Mode.

########

Machan you have started a very big "NO" topic for most of the AL forum members :lol: normally the topic is cars and the prohibited word is PRIUS :lol:

Hello

######

One of my friend has a one, 2008 with no solar pannel. He is getting around 17-18. I am wondering why you get only 15 with a solar, cos i guess the AC is supposed to be run on solar of course at day time :-)

One of my friend has a one, 2008 with no solar pannel. He is getting around 17-18. I am wondering why you get only 15 with a solar, cos i guess the AC is supposed to be run on solar of course at day time :-)

AFAIK the solar panel is supposed to drive a few cooling fans to keep the car cool while being parked in heaty environments. It doesn't source power to the battery or run any other major electronics / mechanics in the car.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Guys, don't be asses. Just answer his question if you have a knowledgeable answer.

Sasi, I have heard 19-25km/liter with the 2010 Prius.

It's interesting you are getting lower mileage in EV mode than normal since EV mode is designed to run the car as an electric vehicle as long as possible before the petrol engine kicks in.

It could be the way you are driving is not taking full advantage of the hybrid system. Here are a couple of YouTube videos on tips for driving a hybrid. There are many more similar videos on YouTube you can reference.

Of course!!!!

Hello

######

Once my EK3 did 17Kmpl with 4 people on board and with very care full driving. And my average fuel consumption is around 13Kmpl. And this is with A/C on, and not on the gliding mode but very much normal day to day driving conditions. So I guess your car has some problems.

Oh dear the google master seems to know how to post loads of videos and surveys (which did not go his way :rolleyes: ), however its ironic that when something goes wrong with a hybrid he is no where to be seen.

Edited by The Stig

AFAIK the solar panel is supposed to drive a few cooling fans to keep the car cool while being parked in heaty environments. It doesn't source power to the battery or run any other major electronics / mechanics in the car.

Correct me if i'm wrong

u are correct man

How did u drive your car

Fastly or slowly or normal

Mate.I think second generation Prius does better in fuel than the third generation Prius. :unsure: My one is 2008 one and it does same as rover's one when doing average speed of 60-80 kmph :rolleyes:

Mate.I think second generation Prius does better in fuel than the third generation Prius. :unsure: My one is 2008 one and it does same as rover's one when doing average speed of 60-80 kmph :rolleyes:

BTW, 3rd gen Prius does get better fuel economy than second gen in Japanese, European and U.S. tests.

Out of curiosity, have you tried hypermiling your Prius, and if so, what's the best km/liter you've managed?

c'mon guys can we have one new thread here without any unwanted fights and humiliations please?:)

Let the Hybrid owners have their fun. They own those cars and they have a right to discuss about the issues they are facing with one another. It doesn't look very ethical to follow them from one Hybrid thread to another and start humiliating them and bashing them just because they are taking about hybrids and their f-economies.They all probably bought Hybrids to save money on fuel and probably bc it was also cheaper to buy compared to other cars in the market.If they made the wrong choice and if the maintenance is going to be a killer then they would suffer. At least others can use them as guinea pigs to obtain a vast range of data about how successful hybrids are gonna be in SL. There's plenty of other threads around to reply in anyway. :)

• Like 5

c'mon guys can we have one new thread here without any unwanted fights and humiliations please?:)

Let the Hybrid owners have their fun. They own those cars and they have a right to discuss about the issues they are facing with one another. It doesn't look very ethical to follow them from one Hybrid thread to another and start humiliating them and bashing them just because they are taking about hybrids and their f-economies.They all probably bought Hybrids to save money on fuel and probably bc it was also cheaper to buy compared to other cars in the market.If they made the wrong choice and if the maintenance is going to be a killer then they would suffer. At least others can use them as guinea pigs to obtain a vast range of data about how successful hybrids are gonna be in SL. There's plenty of other threads around to reply in anyway. :)

Hay Budy

Thanks for your reply

for your info hybrid are not cheap cars especially prius is a expensive car. a 2Gen pris cost - 3.8 mil in Sri lanka and the 3Gen Prius Cost 5.5 mil my one is aso 5.5 mil, and uare right we buy the prius beause we want to save money on fuel. we dont give a f**k about the environment.

I have a 2007 prius and it does 21.6km/L outstations and 23.8km/l in the city.

Dear Friend

u know i live in Wattala and i need to go Colombo everyday. and the traffic is awful i can go upto 40-50 KMH. and my friend told me that if i go 50-60 KMH only i get better KML. and how is your road did u go fast or normal

Dear Friend

u know i live in Wattala and i need to go Colombo everyday. and the traffic is awful i can go upto 40-50 KMH. and my friend told me that if i go 50-60 KMH only i get better KML. and how is your road did u go fast or normal

well i too stay there.... in hendala so i take the back road coming through mattakkuliya

lot less traffic and i get to col-3 in about 20-30 mins

I don't know much about prius or hybrids for that matter but i doubt that 50-60 claim by your friend is true. maintaining those speeds is not possible is most urban areas where the hybrids are suppose to shine more.

Out of curiosity, have you tried hypermiling your Prius, and if so, what's the best km/liter you've managed?

Honestly I haven't tried any of hyper milling technics up to now.Coz i can't drive less aggressively. :).when my wife drives she tried to drive it as clam as possible without paddling hard.The best millage she has got when travelling from Kurunegala to Chilaw is 26.6 km/l but normally when she drives she gets around 24 km/l where as i get around 19 km/l. Somebody has to be very clam and not aggressive in oder to use hypermilling :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Hay Budy

Thanks for your reply

for your info hybrid are not cheap cars especially prius is a expensive car. a 2Gen pris cost - 3.8 mil in Sri lanka and the 3Gen Prius Cost 5.5 mil my one is aso 5.5 mil, and uare right we buy the prius beause we want to save money on fuel. we dont give a f**k about the environment.

Shoulda bought a 121. Madz' Luxel 1.8l did 17. AND it will be cheaper upfront.

Edited by Pericles

Hello

######

So the prius is running on solar power and kittens ('Litter')? man these toyota engineers are crazy!

Dear Friend

I'm using my prius for less than a month now, and the fuel figures I got was when I was driving to Kandy on the new years day (very less traffic on kandy road) and average speed was 60-70km/h.And the consumption was 21.6km/l. On my return which was a busy week day rush hour time I reset the meter from Yakkala and upto maharagama.It was heavy traffic at that time but when I reached home the display showed 23.8km/l.

Also I must mention that I was using the brakes moderately, that means if you keep the brakes depressed lightly the batteries gets charged, and while you are coasting again the charging takes place. also while accelerating it must be done smoothly.

When battery is fully charged even at 60-70km/h the engine does not cut in so you use the energy from the battery alone, as long as you use the accelerator padel lightly.

Now it's interesting to see what figures will I get when my wife is driving, because she has completely different driving habbits. I will let you guys know when I do. She is driving from maharagama to Moratuwa daily.

Edited by rover