• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Give Me An Advice To Buy New Car. Budget 1M-1.2M

asankabs

i checked previous threads but didn't found a satisfying answer. im going to buy my first car and my budget is 1M to 1.2M. i would like to buy a small car. it must be highly fuel efficient and Maintenance must be easy. please suggest me a good model.

i also have couple of models in my mind bout don't know much about them.

Nissan march k11 1000CC manual

Hyundai accent 2001-2003 1.3L

if anyone using them please let me know about their fuel consumption

i checked previous threads but didn't found a satisfying answer. im going to buy my first car and my budget is 1M to 1.2M. i would like to buy a small car. it must be highly fuel efficient and Maintenance must be easy. please suggest me a good model.

I doubt two models you gave meet the criteria highly fuel efficient. I suggest you to go for 1500cc fb14/eg8 Vti a corolla ae100, considering both fuel efficient, easy to maintain.

Well my initial advice for you is if you are worried about the fuel economy dont buy the 1000cc March as the 1300cc version does better, But they are not very common.

Might i suggest you also take a look at the civic eg8. They are pretty good on fuel, actually if you drive properly you will get better figures with this than with the march.

I know some people who have even gotten figures of 15-16kmpl.They are a little bit older than the march but they still have better resale value as well. :alc:

Edited by The Stig

There are few things need to considered when you are purchasing a vehicle. Advice to consider not only the fuel economy but also the followings;

1. Maintenance Cost.

2. Findings the spare parts.

3. Secondhand Market.

As per my experience every vehicle is a good choice depending on the users capability. As a example if you go for hyundai vehicle and if you have good idea about vehicle troubleshooting and know the good places to buy spare parts and garage and also you wish to use the vehicle in long term you do not need to worry about above mentioned factors. But if you not aware about that recommended to go for well known vehicle. I saw most ppl in this forum recommended Honda vehicle since most of the Honda fans are here. Its true the honda is a very good vehicle like Toyota and nissan. Bt finding spare parts is difficult and maintenance cost is bit higher than well known toyota models. Also its is difficult to resell the vehicle.

Hence i recommended to go for Totota and nissan. Following vehicles can be found on your budget.

1. Doctor sunny-FB13 (300-xxxx) good condition vehicle- 11 lakhs

2. Toyota Corrolla AE100- (19-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 11 lakhs

3. Nissan FB14 separate light- (300/301-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 12.5 lakhs

4. Starlet EP82-(300/301-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 11 lakhs.

Advice you to decide particular vehicle you want to buy considering the facts.

Then check the Lankade*pa Lahip*ta at saturday morning and go early as possible. Bcz good vehicles at good price will purchased by car sellers if you r late.

Edited by entckauwa
  • Like 1

As per my experience every vehicle is a good choice depending on the users capability. As a example if you go for hyundai vehicle and if you have good idea about vehicle troubleshooting and know the good places to buy spare parts and garage and also you wish to use the vehicle in long term you do not need to worry about above mentioned factors. But if you not aware about that recommended to go for well known vehicle. I saw most ppl in this forum recommended Honda vehicle since most of the Honda fans are here. Its true the honda is a very good vehicle like Toyota and nissan. Bt finding spare parts is difficult and maintenance cost is bit higher than well known toyota models. Also its is difficult to resell the vehicle.

I do agree with above mostly except that honda's are hard to sell.

Maybe the specific honda or hondas you know about were not in a good shape or something cos i have never seen or heard of anybody having a tough time selling a honda. especially the common models like civics and city.

* im going to buy my first car and my budget is 1M to 1.2M.

* i would like to buy a small car. it must be highly fuel efficient and Maintenance must be easy

Don't you like "Brand New Suzuki Maruti" ?

If you are strict to non Indian, & u want a "Small" vehicle,

U can think of a good condition "Toyota Starlet"

• Like 1

Mate why dont you check for a alto,and if you able to extend your budget by about 100k,you'll be able to get a kelisa.I highly recommend the kelisa

i really don't like indian cars. are you talking about viva? as i heard now it's about 1.5mil after the tax raise.

i really don't like indian cars. are you talking about viva? as i heard now it's about 1.5mil after the tax raise.

Since the old kelissa is being sold at 1.3 million I think the brand new Viva is well worth the money if its 1.5 million !

Since the old kelissa is being sold at 1.3 million I think the brand new Viva is well worth the money if its 1.5 million !

The viva is of a good choice,the parts are from japan and its only the assembling of the vehicle is done in malaysia.Up to you mate. :alc:

My advice is try to get a new vehicle as possible since you dont want to spend your valuable time in garages repairing 10 year old vehicles. No matter what ever said and done old cars give you trouble since they are been heavily used for the last 10 years irrespective of how reliable they are so best is to go for a kelisa as mentioned before.Try to extend your budget a bit more and go for a good vehicle. Try to get a registered ViVa if its possible at about 1.3Mil and it is possible if you search really well because one of my staff members bought a brand new VIVA manual for 1.3Mil before tax increase. So a registered VIVA would be possible at that if you find a genuine seller. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are few things need to considered when you are purchasing a vehicle. Advice to consider not only the fuel economy but also the followings;

1. Maintenance Cost.

2. Findings the spare parts.

3. Secondhand Market.

Hence i recommended to go for Totota and nissan. Following vehicles can be found on your budget.

1. Doctor sunny-FB13 (300-xxxx) good condition vehicle- 11 lakhs

2. Toyota Corrolla AE100- (19-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 11 lakhs

3. Nissan FB14 separate light- (300/301-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 12.5 lakhs

4. Starlet EP82-(300/301-xxxx) good condition vehicle - 11 lakhs.

Advice you to decide particular vehicle you want to buy considering the facts.

Then check the Lankade*pa Lahip*ta at saturday morning and go early as possible. Bcz good vehicles at good price will purchased by car sellers if you r late.

Guys he asking for 1-1.2 Mil.So Kelsia is out of his range.

Best advice given so far I think according to his requirement.

I do agree with above mostly except that honda's are hard to sell.

Maybe the specific honda or hondas you know about were not in a good shape or something cos i have never seen or heard of anybody having a tough time selling a honda. especially the common models like civics and city.

Honda is hard to sell if you are not in western province. Friend I knew had hard time selling Honda. Soon as it was in Colombo it was gone.

Guys he asking for 1-1.2 Mil.So Kelsia is out of his range.

Best advice given so far I think according to his requirement.

Well I think if you look at the links given by european freak the kelissa and indeed the viva used do fall into that price bracket. To be honest I think a used Viva (2008+) might be the best bet. Just to spice things up, I also found a 2006 base model japanese Alto manual for 1.35 million. This is the new body type that is currently being sold of recon.

March is OK. Try to get an English no.

For a similar budget you can get a starlet EP82 (or early / 2 door ep91)

Fuel economy - hard to say as it depends on driving and other factors.

A starlet is worth as you can sell it easily.

whatever car you should set aside at least 100,000 to repair it and bring it up to spec (new tyres, timing, shocks, etc...)

Edited by Saturn

Well my initial advice for you is if you are worried about the fuel economy dont buy the 1000cc March as the 1300cc version does better, But they are not very common.

Might i suggest you also take a look at the civic eg8. They are pretty good on fuel, actually if you drive properly you will get better figures with this than with the march.

I know some people who have even gotten figures of 15-16kmpl.They are a little bit older than the march but they still have better resale value as well. :alc:

He might also be able to find an EK3 within that budget a 19- maybe.....i saw quite a few 19 - cars advertised around 12.50...they are good on fuel too

He might also be able to find an EK3 within that budget a 19- maybe.....i saw quite a few 19 - cars advertised around 12.50...they are good on fuel too

Well yeah generally most ek3s are around the 1.3 mil mark but for some reason most of the eg8s i saw on AL classified were also priced around 1.2 mil. Maybe the tax scenario has already created panic in the second hand market :unsure:

Well yeah generally most ek3s are around the 1.3 mil mark but for some reason most of the eg8s i saw on AL classified were also priced around 1.2 mil. Maybe the tax scenario has already created panic in the second hand market :unsure:

Bloody Hell Non-Standard Sri Lankan 2nd Hand Market....

Can't Help .....

Ya most of the EG8 are over priced i guess...i think an eg8 below 1mill should be a good buy depending on the condition of the car....