• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Finally Baught Ck2 For 11.75 Laks

pontiac_gto

Hi all,

I think u can remember my previous topic. Finally I bought Lancer CK2 for 11.75 laks. This is 300-7*** and full option (power shutters, power mirrors, center locking) manual transmission brand new car. All options are properly working except power mirrors. This is 1.5L and carb model. YOM is 1998. Superb body condition and superb running condition. Can you guys tell me this is worth for this amount of money by considering tax changes also.

Thanks

Hi all,

I think u can remember my previous topic. Finally I bought Lancer CK2 for 11.75 laks. This is 300-7*** and full option (power shutters, power mirrors, center locking) manual transmission brand new car. All options are properly working except power mirrors. This is 1.5L and carb model. YOM is 1998. Superb body condition and superb running condition. Can you guys tell me this is worth for this amount of money by considering tax changes also.

Thanks

Hi mate, Congrats on ur purchase..if the car is in great condition as you have mentioned, then its worth the money u have spent. CK2 is a great car and hope u will do your maintainance properly.. Cheers! :alc:

Congrats machan I think thats a good price for a CK2, Also is there a EFI engine available with CK2?

power mirrors shouldn't be too tough to get fixed...

Well machan I,ve heard that power mirror assembly consists of some small gears and motors, and lot of mechanics/technicians does not like to open up the assembly, same goes for the mirror retracting/folding issue. Dont know whether this is 100% true. But ones my old ae91's driver side power mirror malfunctioned and I took it to two technicians but they also refused to fix it. In the end I had to buy the whole thing. :(

Congrats machan I think thats a good price for a CK2, Also is there a EFI engine available with CK2?

Well machan I,ve heard that power mirror assembly consists of some small gears and motors, and lot of mechanics/technicians does not like to open up the assembly, same goes for the mirror retracting/folding issue. Dont know whether this is 100% true. But ones my old ae91's driver side power mirror malfunctioned and I took it to two technicians but they also refused to fix it. In the end I had to buy the whole thing. :(

There used to be some chaps in the maradhana round about who used to fix power mirrors.

What are the main deference between CK1 and CK2?

I've also heard that CK2 EFI's do more on fuel than the carbs, is this true?

The CK1 is 1300CC (4G13 engine) I believe while the CK2 is 1500 CC (4G15 engine).

Over a longer period of time the EFI will do better on fuel since the ECU will be constantly adjusting to deliver optimum performance while the carbs will require tuning after a little while (though I think even the carb is electronic)

The CK1 is 1300CC (4G13 engine) I believe while the CK2 is 1500 CC (4G15 engine).

Over a longer period of time the EFI will do better on fuel since the ECU will be constantly adjusting to deliver optimum performance while the carbs will require tuning after a little while (though I think even the carb is electronic)

Oh I see.. Thanks for your reply Don.. :alc:

i'm gonna sound really repetitive with this now :P

there is a shop named rexton motors near the fire brigade in maradana...owners name is Ruwan...

i too had a mirror retract issue on my sprinter once and many folks who tried to fix it failed right royally.

some cars as in the case with my sprinter has a mirror control unit under the dash...the wire coming out of it to one of the mirrors had come off and that was my issue. And all other fellas were trying to replace wheels etc etc. And Ruwan sorted the problem out pretty fast.

Also...a replacement power mirror unit off delkanda is like 2000bucks...so if not for a paint mismatch...that would be a lot faster and cheaper on the long run...

• Like 1

i'm gonna sound really repetitive with this now :P

there is a shop named rexton motors near the fire brigade in maradana...owners name is Ruwan...

i too had a mirror retract issue on my sprinter once and many folks who tried to fix it failed right royally.

some cars as in the case with my sprinter has a mirror control unit under the dash...the wire coming out of it to one of the mirrors had come off and that was my issue. And all other fellas were trying to replace wheels etc etc. And Ruwan sorted the problem out pretty fast.

Also...a replacement power mirror unit off delkanda is like 2000bucks...so if not for a paint mismatch...that would be a lot faster and cheaper on the long run...

Yes machan if they know what they are doing it will be a lot faster and cheaper. In my case they didn't even want to open the damn thing. :angry: and you are right I got both of the retract mirrors for Rs.3500/- from Kandy so they are pretty cheap. They were white and my car was metallic grey but one guy near our home painted them for free. :) Thanks for the info machan.. :alc: