• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Holden Commerdore In Sri Lanka

mishiran

Woa..!! that`s good news.. There was a Commodore in malabe ages ago, I’m pretty sure it was a VT series (1997–2000). As I could remember it was some dark color not silver.

Any idea what series It might be?

VX?

post-3013-086726300 1304228946_thumb.jpg

VZ?

post-3013-003908300 1304228975_thumb.jpg

Now I'm drooling....

If you guys have any info about the Commodore, please post. Would love to see if its an HSV Commodore. If its just a commodore... its not too special because the same car is made by Daewoo and Opel with their own brandings. Still an awesome ride though.

The only Holden I've seen on a road in Sri Lanka in the past 5 years is a 1972 Holden UTE with a 40-Sri plate. Not really in a good condition since its been used as a workhorse. I seriously doubt if it still has the Holden engine in it.

Edited by Crosswind

No no no.... This was a very New New Shape Commerdore...!!! This was parked @ the Cloth's shop next to NDB bank malabe for a looong time...!!!

No no no.... This was a very New New Shape Commerdore...!!! This was parked @ the Cloth's shop next to NDB bank malabe for a looong time...!!!

Does it look like this?

VX and VZ are past models. New one is the VF Commodore.

http://revocars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Holden-VE-II-Commodore-SSV-2011-Front-Rear-View.jpg

Prior to 2009, there was VE Commodore, which looked like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/2008-2009_Holden_VE_Calais_V_sedan_03.jpg

Great if it`s a VF :rolleyes: , I questioned VX or VZ thinking that it might have been imported sometime back. Hope it`s V8 so that SL roads will hear the thumping roar. Doubt HSV (clubsport or R8) though, would someone be crazy enough to dump way over 10 mil on relatively unknown brand? At least an SV8 perhaps. :rolleyes:

Does it look like this?

VX and VZ are past models. New one is the VF Commodore.

http://revocars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Holden-VE-II-Commodore-SSV-2011-Front-Rear-View.jpg

Prior to 2009, there was VE Commodore, which looked like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/2008-2009_Holden_VE_Calais_V_sedan_03.jpg

Sorry machang, I only remember the rear..... Do you have any pics of the rear of these cars???

Sorry machang, I only remember the rear..... Do you have any pics of the rear of these cars???

If I'm not mistaken, the rear of VE and VF Commodores look nearly the same. The difference was in the front and inside (what they call the Holden IQ System, and dualmode climate control, electronic stability control and so on).

2008_Holden_VE_Commodore_%28MY09%29_Omega_sedan_01.jpg

That's a 2009 VE Omega (Omega is the basic trim level of the Commodore with ONLY 3.0litre V6 :)). Commodore comes with a dozen or so trim levels. Highest being the SSV with the 6.0 litre V8 Engine :).

Poor 'ol Commodore is losing its Aussie identity these days on the production line. About 55% of the car comes from Oz. The rest imported including things like boot lid pressings and windscreens and rubber mouldings and some lighting parts from China. Oh well, we can always buy a Great Wall suv when things get desperate :angry: .

Poor 'ol Commodore is losing its Aussie identity these days on the production line. About 55% of the car comes from Oz. The rest imported including things like boot lid pressings and windscreens and rubber mouldings and some lighting parts from China. Oh well, we can always buy a Great Wall suv when things get desperate :angry: .

The core of the car (chassis and all mechanical components) is still made in James Holden's hometown - Adelaide (I've actually been to their assembly in Elizabeth). U r right about the peripheral components such as lights and beadings coming from China. This is the case with most of the cars anyway. It actually creates supply chain efficiency and allows to keep the prices in check. However, the real problem is the rising Aussie dollar which makes it very tempting for GM to import more parts from abroad.