• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Red Number Plates Start With G11

Nishan.dj

Hello everyone...,

I have seen some vehicles including mostly land rovers and jeeps and also a buddy van (mini van) with number plates that are all red in color and they start with wp G11 or M11 like that.. (for example wp G11 - 4589). A friend of mine said that there is a place close to wattala where they assemble the vehicle we want for cheaper price and those they register under that color and numbering system for lower price. But I don't know that for sure. So if anyone knows it for sure please add a reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

Yeah, I think there was a thread which stated that these numbers are for locally assembled vehicles. You can try running a search. :)

Machan is that project still alive? What i heard was that assembling BOI project is no more in operations :unsure:

the way i knew it was in minuwangoda .And it still is under a court order or something .

and the project is stopped .not sure though

The g11 also came as garage numbers and some cars from kurunegala had them

Hello everyone...,

I have seen some vehicles including mostly land rovers and jeeps and also a buddy van (mini van) with number plates that are all red in color and they start with wp G11 or M11 like that.. (for example wp G11 - 4589). A friend of mine said that there is a place close to wattala where they assemble the vehicle we want for cheaper price and those they register under that color and numbering system for lower price. But I don't know that for sure. So if anyone knows it for sure please add a reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

G11 plates are actually garage plates, it goes like the following;

G11 - Gampaha Year 2011

C11 - Colombo Year 2011

R11 - Ratnapura Year 2011

The way you could identify the district is through the first two letters just like on the new number plates.