• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speed 2011 - Round 2

hybrid-gt

Calling all racers and fans

SPEED 2011 RACING SERIES - Round 2

The round two of the Speed Racing Series jointly organized by the Ceylon Motor Sports Club, Sri Lanka Motor Cycle Club, Motor Racing Association and Asian Motor Racing Club will be held on the 22nd of May 2011 at the Pannala Race track. The Series comprise of five rounds.

The first round which was held successfully in February this year drew a large amount of entries and spectators large numbers to pack the Pannala track after a long lapse. The competitors experienced a revamped track with improved safety and facilities while the spectators too enjoyed a quality race meet with many other attractions for the benefit of the spectators.

The popular events will include the SLGT 3500CC, SL H 1600 cc and the one make classes of the Mini, Nissan March, Ford Laser and the Formula Ford together with the Formula McLarens 1300. The championship will also make way to newcomers who will race in the Formula McLarens 1300 event and also the Suzuki Maruti/Alto class.

The results of this championship will be taken towards the 2011 National Championship of the Sri Lanka Automobile Sports.There will be a host of Motor Cycle events worked off as well and those results will also be counted for the National Championship of the Federation of Motor Cycle Sports in Sri Lanka.

The organizers expect few foreign riders to participate in the Motor Cycle events. The Organizers included the qualifying for bikes in order to determine grid positions for the start of the Motor Cycle events. This is a new rule brought in by Sri Lanka Racing Riders Association to uplift the standards of the Sport.

Asian Motor Racing Club, Ceylon Motor Sports Club, Sri Lanka Motor Cycle Club, and Motor Racing Association

Get ready once again to experience the rush of high octane racing at its best at the Pannala race track.

So make sure not to miss out

Qualifying : Saturday 21st March 8:00am onwards

Race : Sunday 22nd March 8:00am onwards

Cheers

Edited by MADZ

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation Dinesh!!!!. Great performance once again

Were any reasons for few competitors participated for events @ Speed 11

:alc:

Guess some prepared their cars for the forthcoming gravel Cavalry. Some knew its hard to beat DD at Pannala (DD's favourite hunting ground smile.gif)

MINIACE

Guess some prepared their cars for the forthcoming gravel Cavalry. Some knew its hard to beat DD at Pannala (DD's favourite hunting ground smile.gif)

MINIACE

Thanks Miniace. I thought some dispute with organisers as less competitors participated. Cancelled few events in the list like Ford Laser 13oo,15oo and riding events

I had a great time at Pannala after a long time ! alc.gif

MINIACE

Me too but I enjoyed 03 events where Gunawardana kids participated and they did well defeating many riders. All others went as we predicted :alc:

Thanks Miniace. I thought some dispute with organisers as less competitors participated. Cancelled few events in the list like Ford Laser 13oo,15oo and riding events

There were certain changes done to the rules in regard to the minimum weights allowed in certain categories

Heads up about Speed 2011 Round 2,

it will be telecasted tomorrow (the 29th of May 2011) from 11am onwards on CSN(Carlton Sports Network)

the Channel is UHF 22 or 75 on Dialog TV

Cheers!

OH missed CSN thing?? Any idea about repeat telecast times please?

MINIACE

Not sure mate, I'll check and let you know, but trust me, it was good you missed it, worst commentating in the history of motorsport IMO...

Not sure mate, I'll check and let you know, but trust me, it was good you missed it, worst commentating in the history of motorsport IMO...

machan they Missed two car events too Mini standard and march standard , seriously some one should tell them not to give this kind of Commentary if they Dont know

machan they Missed two car events too Mini standard and march standard , seriously some one should tell them not to give this kind of Commentary if they Dont know

True, fine at least the poor videoing is forgiveable since its the 1st time at Pannala, but the commentators just treated the entire event as a joke, it was just sad and somewhat disrespectful, they didn't know drivers names, nor the cars nor anything! All they did was go on about girls that were not even there and about how good looking they (the commentators) are, and they just shouted at the start of each race, it was just pathetic, I mean some of these guys have been racing for soo many years and these guys just treated it as a joke! :angry-smiley-048: