• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

More likely it's..........impressionable naive young kids take what Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson says to be the truth like God himself has come down from the heavens and is making pronouncements, when in fact Top Gear is an entertainment program first and foremost, and has a history of faking tests:

Top Gear sued for faked test of Tesla Roadster - http://www.guardian....la-sue-top-gear

Top Gear fakes Nissan Leaf test - http://www.ev.com/kn...ange-drama.html

Umm.... so? We all know TG is a entertainment program. You may think we take it seriously but we don't. It's just fun to watch/post videos that poke fun of ecomaniacs like you. :) Besides, I'm talking about the Prius... not any other car. You need to learn to read properly Cali.

Umm.... so? We all know TG is a entertainment program. You may think we take it seriously but we don't. It's just fun to watch/post videos that poke fun of ecomaniacs like you. :) Besides, I'm talking about the Prius... not any other car. You need to learn to read properly Cali.

In this instance I agree.....apologies :)

Thanks.....I was thinking LS600hL but my fingers typed 460. I don't mean to nitpick also, but there is no LS600. There is the LS600h and LS600hL that are the hybrid versions of the LS.

Not to worry. None of the other posters above picked up on it either.

;)

LS600hL - 5.0 liter V8 Hybrid electric motor

Dude seriously? When you're incorrect factually or otherwise just admit it. I was actually feeling quite sorry for you - I'm pretty sure you don't wan't or need my pity- after seeing all this bashing, but now I see what they mean and most importantly why you get it. The all important H at the end of the 600 is to denote it's a hybrid. That's why I said that 'the only HYBRID LS is the LS600'. I merely pointed out a factually incorrect statement you had made about an automobile in an automotive forum.

This is much more interesting....

Sri Lanka’s demand for hybrid cars sees over 1200% growth in 2011

http://www.news360.l...-growth-in-2011

(yes, yes, I know the 2011 growth is compared to 2010 and is because of the tax cuts)

I'm guessing its not too hard to grow 1200% from nothing at all.

This is the kind of thing that impresses fools who google and paste without considering anything else.

• Like 1

More likely it's..........impressionable naive young kids take what Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson says to be the truth like God himself has come down from the heavens and is making pronouncements, when in fact Top Gear is an entertainment program first and foremost, and has a history of faking tests:

Top Gear sued for faked test of Tesla Roadster - http://www.guardian....la-sue-top-gear

Top Gear fakes Nissan Leaf test - http://www.ev.com/kn...ange-drama.html

More "little picture" googleing by Cali. Lets see.

Guardian article - 3rd March 2011. No further no news on this high profile sueing? There is an April 4th update from BBC that quotes that the numbers are FROM TESLA THEMSELVES, and there is no further news on whether this thing was successful or not. Its been a whole year, and nothing?

Go find something proper, Cali. Who called this guy a google expert? He can't even google right.

The other one is an even more hilarious article by the Electrical Vehicle Authority website itself! Coz that is absolutely neutral. This article is even more sensationalist that Top Gear! And the stupid thing is, Top Gear always positions itself as an entertainment program. This so called "authority" indulging in sensationalism is not real professional.

In short, Cali -

laZnW.jpg

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

Dude seriously? When you're incorrect factually or otherwise just admit it. I was actually feeling quite sorry for you - I'm pretty sure you don't wan't or need my pity- after seeing all this bashing, but now I see what they mean and most importantly why you get it. The all important H at the end of the 600 is to denote it's a hybrid. That's why I said that 'the only HYBRID LS is the LS600'. I merely pointed out a factually incorrect statement you had made about an automobile in an automotive forum.

I know the 'h' denotes a hybrid in Lexus' naming. Just saying the 'h' should always be there. "the only HYBRID LS is the LS600h" is clearer and technically more correct than 'the only HYBRID LS is the LS600'.

Same thing with Infiniti's hybrid, "the only hybrid M is the M35" is not technically correct compared to "the only hybrid M is the M35h"

No big deal. Cheers.

I'm guessing its not too hard to grow 1200% from nothing at all. This is the kind of thing that impresses fools who google and paste without considering anything else.

Uhhhhh.....and that's exactly why I specifically said the 2011 growth is compared to 2010's numbers.

yes, yes, I know the 2011 growth is compared to 2010

The other one is an even more hilarious article by the Electrical Vehicle Authority website itself! Coz that is absolutely neutral. This article is even more sensationalist that Top Gear! This so called "authority" indulging in sensationalism is not real professional.

Top Gears faked Nissan Leaf test was covered worldwide by the major news outlets last year. Were you even aware that the controversy was going on?

Since you seem to like more mainstream news coverage, here is the London Telegraph story.....http://www.telegraph...t-Top-Gear.html

Edited by Californikan

Top Gears faked Nissan Leaf test was covered worldwide by the major news outlets last year. Were you even aware that the controversy was going on?

Since you seem to like more mainstream news coverage, here is the London Telegraph story.....http://www.telegraph...t-Top-Gear.html

Even the Telegraph isn't too bothered by the Leaf bit so much as the parking bit. Thats almost background commentary despite the headline. About 2/3s of that story is about the parking thing. The Nanny State in action. Clarkson has spoken about this before too.

And I don't need JCs humour to tell me the range on the Leaf isn't enough at the moment, I have given out that opinion myself. It needs more range and more infrastructure. Actually, thats the same thing I have to say about hybrids in SL, they need more infrastructure, despite what fanboys think.

In case you didn't notice, Top Gear does have an actual underlyer of good stuff in it, for people who know how to recognize it (Those are ACTUAL car fans, not people who think cars are for driving from A to B, and Corolla's are luxurious and comfortable), but mostly, its entertainment about boys having fun with toys.

It also doesn't mean we agree with EVERYTHING on the show. I'm sure lots of us were entertained when JC tried destroying the Kelissa with a hammer, but most of us think its a good car and recommend it without hesitation. You know why? We can make our OWN opinions, not parrot out BS put out by EV Authorities.

I guess you couldn't find anything further about Tesla's issue either? :lol:

Uhhhhh.....and that's exactly why I specifically said the 2011 growth is compared to 2010's numbers.

And thats why I said its not too hard to do. Nothing remarkable, despite you wetting your pants at the news :rolleyes:

Maybe you'd understand it better if I put it this way....

So?

• Like 2

Even the Telegraph isn't too bothered by the Leaf bit so much as the parking bit. Thats almost background commentary despite the headline. About 2/3s of that story is about the parking thing. The Nanny State in action. Clarkson has spoken about this before too.

And I don't need JCs humour to tell me the range on the Leaf isn't enough at the moment, I have given out that opinion myself. It needs more range and more infrastructure. Actually, thats the same thing I have to say about hybrids in SL, they need more infrastructure, despite what fanboys think.

In case you didn't notice, Top Gear does have an actual underlyer of good stuff in it, for people who know how to recognize it (Those are ACTUAL car fans, not people who think cars are for driving from A to B, and Corolla's are luxurious and comfortable), but mostly, its entertainment about boys having fun with toys.

It also doesn't mean we agree with EVERYTHING on the show. I'm sure lots of us were entertained when JC tried destroying the Kelissa with a hammer, but most of us think its a good car and recommend it without hesitation. You know why? We can make our OWN opinions, not parrot out BS put out by EV Authorities.

I guess you couldn't find anything further about Tesla's issue either? :lol:

Hey dude, all I said was

Top Gear sued for faked test of Tesla Roadster

What I wrote is true and correct. You're the one who took my sentence and ran with it.

And thats why I said its not too hard to do. Nothing remarkable, despite you wetting your pants at the news :rolleyes:

Maybe you'd understand it better if I put it this way....

So?

Again, all I said was....

This is much more interesting....

Sri Lanka’s demand for hybrid cars sees over 1200% growth in 2011

http://www.news360.l...-growth-in-2011

(yes, yes, I know the 2011 growth is compared to 2010 and is because of the tax cuts)

No insinuation that was made that the story is remarkable or special - precisely because the 2011 numbers are in comparison to 2010.

Hey dude, all I said was

What I wrote is true and correct. You're the one who took my sentence and ran with it.

Again, all I said was....

No insinuation that was made that the story is remarkable or special - precisely because the 2011 numbers are in comparison to 2010.

You're rather bad at this. Why don't you go away and stop wasting time around here?

Oh CALI CALI CALI... this is like an indian movie.. bugger is getting shot so many times but he is still alive...

U got owned CALI.... why dont u post something or start a thread on hybrids with actual tips and advice.. like how to maintain the battery for longer life.. or how to maintain a priass properly..or some shit relating to hybrids or the priass which u claim to know so much about without getting ur head stuck in ur ass all the time by trying to prove hybrids are fast and fun, and what not..

then u will be doing a favor for all those people who made up that 1200% growth figure.. and u might actually get some pats on the back...

or are u completely clueless about that too.. hmmmmm...

• Like 4

Porsche achieves highest sales ever in Sri Lanka thanks to hybrids

48 out of the 52 Porsches sold in Sri Lanka in 2011 were hybrids

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

"Those cheapskate hybrid buyers.....just buying their hybrid because of the tax concessions......damn cheapskates!!". "Don't buy a hybrid now. It's still too early to buy a hybrid".-- prevailing wisdom of the herd.

Good thing for everyone that Porsche drivers don't care about the opinion of the herd.

:D

• Like 1

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

"Those cheapskate hybrid buyers.....just buying their hybrid because of the tax concessions......damn cheapskates!!". "Don't buy a hybrid now. It's still too early to buy a hybrid".-- prevailing wisdom of the herd.

Good thing for everyone that Porsche drivers don't care about the opinion of the herd.

of course they are cheapskates. how much are those hybrids retailing at? 17-21 mil. that's a porsche for montero/prado diesel money. a very inviting prospect for almost anyone.

But are they real porsche customers? not unless they are old money or can afford to buy an s class, at least here anyway. that's why I see so many mudhalali's and the likes of hiace drivers getting out of cayennes (god knows how many of them are leased)

so what hybrids have done here is opened the door for a bunch of middle class people to buy into a badge they couldn't afford earlier, the same way the prius brought motoring to a bunch of idiots who don't even know if their cars have wheels covers or alloys

p.s. expecting a lot of those porsches to go wrong due to bad maintenance etc

• Like 6

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

i dont have to even respond.. Jadey has done it already./. cali got owned again.. hoo hoo

you idiot a real person will by a normal Porsche..

Edited by charitha19

big talk from an idiot who can't even spell a 3 letter word.

please u are just hurt.. i understand.. getting owned isn't pretty.. why dont u take my advice and post something useful for the hybrid community ########.. without getting owned for posting pointless points..

and what is this three letter word..

P.S: u haven't heard big talk yet hybrid boy.. want me to call u...

roses are red

violets are blue,

Cali got owned

for the 100th time....

Edited by charitha19

of course they are cheapskates. how much are those hybrids retailing at? 17-21 mil. that's a porsche for montero/prado diesel money. a very inviting prospect for almost anyone.

But are they real porsche customers? not unless they are old money or can afford to buy an s class, at least here anyway. that's why I see so many mudhalali's and the likes of hiace drivers getting out of cayennes (god knows how many of them are leased)

so what hybrids have done here is opened the door for a bunch of middle class people to buy into a badge they couldn't afford earlier, the same way the prius brought motoring to a bunch of idiots who don't even know if their cars have wheels covers or alloys

+1 mate...

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

Bottome line, there are Porsche's on the road in SL that most likely would not be here if it wasn't for tax concessions.

What you rather have? Four Porsches in SL or fifty two Porsches in SL?

ps. Since you claim to be a wheel expert, I'll hire you to be my wheel washer since I have absolutely no interest in touching them. :D

Bottome line, there are Porsche's on the road in SL that most likely would not be here if it wasn't for tax concessions.

What you rather have? Four Porsches in SL or fifty two Porsches in SL?

ps. Since you claim to be a wheel expert, I'll hire you to be my wheel washer since I have absolutely no interest in touching them. :D

Dude I don't give a rats ass about how many porsches are in sl as long as they are in the right hands. not with the nouveau riche, who'll just ruin it with bad maintenance cos they just upgraded from a 120 prado, and cause people to make unnecessary stereotyping about genuine porsche buyers who just buy it for the brilliant car it is,

the same way your extensive and rather unnecessary marketing has made the most sensible prius buyer, or the hybrid driver trying to get home in a hurry, look like a complete idiot.

p.s. since you are so good at taking sh*t why don't you come wipe my ass?

• Like 2