• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Wobbles When Driven Fast

Edward

Question

Hi Friends,

I own a AE 110 for the last one year. The car is in good condition. Very recently I noticed a noise from the front area when driven in rough roads & the car wobbles when reached 80KMPH. I wanted a complete repair done, so we changed the Rack ends, ball joints & tie rods ( I am not sure about my spellings, please excuse me if it is wrong). And the front tyres are brand new. After the repairs the car is smooth, no noise in the rough surface, but the car wobbles when reached 80KMPH. Till I reach 80KMPH, the car is steady. What can be the reason? Experts please advice.

Edward

14 answers to this question

Hi Friends,

I own a AE 110 for the last one year. The car is in good condition. Very recently I noticed a noise from the front area when driven in rough roads & the car wobbles when reached 80KMPH. I wanted a complete repair done, so we changed the Rack ends, ball joints & tie rods ( I am not sure about my spellings, please excuse me if it is wrong). And the front tyres are brand new. After the repairs the car is smooth, no noise in the rough surface, but the car wobbles when reached 80KMPH. Till I reach 80KMPH, the car is steady. What can be the reason? Experts please advice.

Edward

Before trying anything else, do a wheel balancing first. Should cost u about 500 bucks. Go to a place where they got the proper equipment, like the places in Malay Street.

You might need to get the front wheel alignment done as well. Guess you have got it done after the repair though, reminded just in case.

P.S. Also, might help to get the wheel bearings checked as well. if you jack up the car and try to move the wheel along a horizontal and vertical axis, do you feel any play in the wheel?

Edited by MrCat

You might need to get the front wheel alignment done as well. Guess you have got it done after the repair though, reminded just in case.

True. If the rack ends are changed, wheel alignment also needs to be done. So I guess wheel balancing + wheel alignment (both only for front wheels) should most likely solve the problem.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did the wheel alignment after the repairs. But did not do the wheel balancing. will do it & check the wheel bearing also. Please let me know, if you thing there can be some other reasons. Edward

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did the wheel alignment after the repairs. But did not do the wheel balancing. will do it & check the wheel bearing also. Please let me know, if you thing there can be some other reasons. Edward

Yes check the wheel balancing and if this still does not resolve the problem, you will need to get your suspension checked. I had the same problem and it was a combination of wheels off balance and worn suspension bushes.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

A complete check is done by the mechanic on the wheel bearing & bushes they are fine. He also insistes me to do the wheel balancing. I will do it & come baack to you if the problems does not get solved.

hey don't worry same problem was there in my bro's van. its was is a super GL what he did was he adjusted the nut under the Steering rack which is under the buffer, and he also changed the cross bar(kurusaya +) did a aliment as well, hope it works on urs too.

Hi Guys,

A complete check is done by the mechanic on the wheel bearing & bushes they are fine. He also insistes me to do the wheel balancing. I will do it & come baack to you if the problems does not get solved.

Then the most likely cause is the wheel balancing.

hey don't worry same problem was there in my bro's van. its was is a super GL what he did was he adjusted the nut under the Steering rack which is under the buffer, and he also changed the cross bar(kurusaya +) did a aliment as well, hope it works on urs too.

The guy has already changed rack ends. That particular nut (steering rack inner bush on the driver side) you are talking about, should be adjusted at the same time the rack ends are replaced. If the mechanic hasn't bothered to do that, then my advice is don't go to that mechanic again.

Edited by Crosswind

I had the same issue with a ae110. Problem was due to the broken wires inside one of the front tires. Changed tire, problem sorted :alc:

Yeah I was thinking this could be a problem as well. This is not as common as wheel balancing gone wrong. What brand of tyre were you using ?

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your input, I got the wheel balancing done today. The front wheels were off balanced very much. The reading was 100 / 25 in one side & the other side 85 / 15. Anyway this is balanced today, but did not get a chance to drive at 85KM to check it. Will be able to do it during the W/E. Will keep you posted.