• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Californican A Paid Stooge By Sri Lankan Hybrid Importers?

VVTi

Is Californican a paid stooge by Hybrid importers?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is Californican a paid stooge by Sri Lankan Hybrid importers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know. Maybe the guy is just plain old stupid and is doing this for free.

;)

i saw this picture before in cali's Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News thread with someone(probably cali) giving middle finger in this picture. :blink:

why's rover posting a pic with 'cali' on it?

Wait a min.. did Cali jumble up his fake profiles

btw rover what you have to say about what Watchman said

Edited by nexus

i saw this picture before in cali's Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News thread with someone(probably cali) giving middle finger in this picture. :blink:

btw rover what you have to say about what Watchman said

It was cali's new profile pic. Thought to post it just for fun.

The original uncropped unedited version of this photo which showed my entire hand giving the gesture was posted on the last page of the "Prius met with an accident" thread, but Pericles quite understandably deleted it.

I guess you prove that you own a prius (that is if you didnt stick the post-it on some prius parked on the road)

But even if this is YOUR car looking at THIS photi i can clearly see a gap between the allow and wheel-cover. And you didnt? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Cali is a f**king joke. And yes, it is visible that there is gap between the alloy wheel and the covers.Very hard to understand why the idiot couldn't figure that out. And trying to prove that he owns a prius by sticking a small note on a random prius alloy is just immature and childish..

Edited by GearHead
  • Like 2

ROFL :lol::lol:

Haters will be haters no matter what. When one of their justifications is disproved or collapses, they come up with another and another and another. And if they are not hating one thing then they will find some other.....

Show us video or never happened :to_pick_ones_nose3:

Oh bless his poor deluded soul.Bugger thinks we hate on him because he supposedly has a 4mil odd Prius. :lol: Are we supposed to be impressed?...Imagine what he'd be like if he had a real car.

Hey People,I'm going to me neighbours place and stick a post it note on his S-Class ...Don't hate on me OK!. :P

Oh bless his poor deluded soul.Bugger thinks we hate on him because he supposedly has a 4mil odd Prius. :lol: Are we supposed to be impressed?...Imagine what he'd be like if he had a real car.

Hey People,I'm going to me neighbours place and stick a post it note on his S-Class ...Don't hate on me OK!. :P

Cali isn't based in SL dude. Google researcher, remember? No actual knowledge of conditions, remember? A quick ping says he is happily playing around with his Comcast Cable connection.

• Like 1

don't worry we wont... its an S class.. doesn't do even 5kmpl and doesn't save even a blade of grass.. its the PRI-ASS we are all jealous of u know..

Cali isn't based in SL dude. Google researcher, remember? No actual knowledge of conditions, remember? A quick ping says he is happily playing around with his Comcast Cable connection.

so he's really in california? I'm surprised he has so much time on his hands to post on this forum considering all the work he's gotta do trying to get gay marriage legalized.

so he's really in california? I'm surprised he has so much time on his hands to post on this forum considering all the work he's gotta do trying to get gay marriage legalized.

I'm not 100% but it might be Connecticut. Didn't go deep.

Dude. No one in this forum including the seniors have had more time with hybrids than me. Hybrids have been around in around in Sri Lanka in a major way for only a couple of months versus 15+ YEARS in other parts of the world. No wonder almost everyone including the seniors are floundering around like fish out of water when it comes to hybrids.

I read this forum before I joined and I could tell no one including the seniors really knew what they were talking about when it came to hybrids. People were talking all kinds of nonsense about having to replace the battery after a year, getting electrocuted in floods, the car exploding in an accident etc.

There's nothing wrong with that. When the first hybrids came to America 12 years ago I witnessed a similar lack of experience and knowledge over there.

And, by the way, the hybrid experience in other countries is extremely relevant to Sri Lanka. It's the same damn cars. Don't be so small minded.

And Yet with nearly 12 year "Real life" experience, you didn't know there were hub caps.. the little boy (10 y.o) front door whose dad owns a 2008 prius told me that there are wheel cups

i don't hate prius or hybrids {love the technology, hate the tree huggers who drive them slow}, and i cant judge them because i never used one.. (something i learn from AL)

but dude.. you are just embarrassing yourself showing your such a know-it-all, when you clearly don't know much about them..

who the hell can own a car and not know about its wheels?...

• Like 1

go ahead :D atleast its a "Real car" ;)

Wow... this thread is quite something.... heh heh... on a quick note about hybrids, saw a toyota alphard hybrid the other day, which could not be started... apparently the battery had died as it had not been started in a week... well the driver and some other guy were trying to jumpstart it...hehehe... they could only find the positive terminal under the hood...lol...so saw them connect the cable to the positive terminal and they did NOT ground the negative... the result as u can imagine was quite something :D never seem two men jump as high as they did... just goes to show what happens when u dont know what ur dealing with.... : )

Wow... this thread is quite something.... heh heh... on a quick note about hybrids, saw a toyota alphard hybrid the other day, which could not be started... apparently the battery had died as it had not been started in a week... well the driver and some other guy were trying to jumpstart it...hehehe... they could only find the positive terminal under the hood...lol...so saw them connect the cable to the positive terminal and they did NOT ground the negative... the result as u can imagine was quite something :D never seem two men jump as high as they did... just goes to show what happens when u dont know what ur dealing with.... : )

but where's the 12v battery itself? could have connected the leads there.. ohh well... But with only one wire connected I dont think there's be a current flowing to short circuit it, and 12v itself wont hurt you either..

lol.. i heard this before.. Toyota Hybrids, if the battery dies or some electronic problem arise, you cant start the car, but honda hybrids can be started from the petrol engine

dont know weather its true or not though..

In the Prius and on other Toyota hybrids theres a smart key disable button under the steering wheel which you can activate if the car is not going to be used for couple of weeks. That will prevent the 12v battery from draining.

In the Prius and on other Toyota hybrids theres a smart key disable button under the steering wheel which you can activate if the car is not going to be used for couple of weeks. That will prevent the 12v battery from draining.

for a car that is so advanced shouldnt the battery last a few weeks without draining.. :blink:

for a car that is so advanced shouldnt the battery last a few weeks without draining.. :blink:

When the car is normally stopped there is some power consumption from the 12v battery to detect the smart key. If you keep the car in that condition for few weeks without starting the engine the battery will eventually die. That's why these hybrids have the smart key disable button.

On most if not all non hybrid vehicles with smart key does'nt have this function so I think Prius has gone a step forward.

Edited by rover

When the car is normally stopped there is some power consumption from the 12v battery to detect the smart key. If you keep the car in that condition for few weeks without starting the engine the battery will eventually die. That's why these hybrids have the smart key disable button.

On most if not all non hybrid vehicles with smart key does'nt have this function so I think Prius has gone a step forward.

Rover.. my Respect man.. atleast you give advice and clarifications based on real life experience rather than links that are googled..

:grinning-smiley-003::grinning-smiley-043:

just curious.. I just googled and realized that the prius also has a normal keyhole on the door. So does that mean it has a key based ignition as well? So should one loose this smart key, they can run it with the metal key?

But i got in interesting scenario...What if they loose the metal key and not use the prius (or any other such car) for a while causing the battery to drain out. How do you get access into the car?

But i got in interesting scenario...What if they loose the metal key and not use the prius (or any other such car) for a while causing the battery to drain out. How do you get access into the car?

ummm you should probably have an extra key regardless of whether it's a hbrid or not......