• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2010 & 2011 Kia Sorento Owners What Do You Think Of Your Suv?

YesinLegend

I am currently a kia cerato owner.

Kia looks so good and they are so well built. I have done 60000km for the last year.

1 ) with the 1st 100km my Power Steering leaked on the way to watch Fox Hill Races. Power Steering Pump nut was loose.

2 ) After 1 years the Front left and rights power shutters failed, Motor Cost is around 18,000.

The CAR IS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. DOES VERY WELL ON FUEL.

BUT my problem is 2nd Hand market. Kia Agents itself valued my car at 45 % less after 6 years. So what can you expect more from them.

please note that you buy vehicale at 50 lacks. after 5 years value goes down 50 %. That is 5 Lacks each year. Thats a lot of depriciation.

If you are willing to sacrifice that much for Built Quality and Design well go with a kia. I have enjoyed my kia driving a lot and it handles well too.it does very well on fuel for 1600cc engine.

If you think 50 % Depreciation is bad on your pocket stay with another brand.

Please also note that how much ever we buy a new design after 5 years it will be old design and when we want to go for another vehicale we have to put extra 2.5 Mil to buy another new vehicale.

So decide wisely.

Edited by Velocity

I am currently a kia cerato owner.

Kia looks so good and they are so well built. I have done 60000km for the last year.

1 ) with the 1st 100km my Power Steering leaked on the way to watch Fox Hill Races. Power Steering Pump nut was loose.

2 ) After 1 years the Front left and rights power shutters failed, Motor Cost is around 18,000.

The CAR IS SOLID AND WELL BUILT. DOES VERY WELL ON FUEL.

BUT my problem is 2nd Hand market. Kia Agents itself valued my car at 45 % less after 6 years. So what can you expect more from them.

please note that you buy vehicale at 50 lacks. after 5 years value goes down 50 %. That is 5 Lacks each year. Thats a lot of depriciation.

If you are willing to sacrifice that much for Built Quality and Design well go with a kia. I have enjoyed my kia driving a lot and it handles well too.it does very well on fuel for 1600cc engine.

If you think 50 % Depreciation is bad on your pocket stay with another brand.

Please also note that how much ever we buy a new design after 5 years it will be old design and when we want to go for another vehicale we have to put extra 2.5 Mil to buy another new vehicale.

So decide wisely.

You said the car is solid & well built but the car did come across repairs.Then it's not. :(

Do you think Kia's after sales service sucks?.

Dude I seriously doubt sorento would depriciate that quick.My Dad's friend owns a full option one.He got it for 7.5mil when it first came here(however he hasn't encountered any probs so far).Now I see Sorentos that have done +20000Km on HitAd for 8.3mil

the problems Velocity encountered are not major ones. Did you manage to get them replaced under warranty? I too think the new sorento will hold its value fairly well. There are lots of them around and they are very popular and sought after. if they are proven to be reliable, i don't think they will depreciate as much as the other koreans.

You said the car is solid & well built but the car did come across repairs.Then it's not. :(

Do you think Kia's after sales service sucks?.

Dude I seriously doubt sorento would depriciate that quick.My Dad's friend owns a full option one.He got it for 7.5mil when it first came here(however he hasn't encountered any probs so far).Now I see Sorentos that have done +20000Km on HitAd for 8.3mil

What we expect and reality would be different. So its a risk we have to make with our own money. how much ever we speculate and we guess we can sell for this amount its not going to happen and with kia i learnt the hardway,

Some cars are worth loosing a lot if its a worth and special to you.

After saleswise they do really suck. they dont even have proper place to do a service. The warranty is surely a + point.

Thanks a lot guys,After seen some reply s, it really worth to have a second thought. Anyway just got the proforma invoice for the Sorento, but didn't open the LC yet, I still don't mind go with tucson, if they can delivered it within a reasonable time, Phoned Hyundai while ago and didn't get any favorable answer. So i ll stick with Sorento.

Velocity, when it comes to the 2nd hand market, i believe even a Hyundai will have the same value as it is a Korean vehicle. Don't wanna go for a euro as i have seen a lot ppl face so much troubles when it comes to maintenance.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

the problems Velocity encountered are not major ones. Did you manage to get them replaced under warranty? I too think the new sorento will hold its value fairly well. There are lots of them around and they are very popular and sought after. if they are proven to be reliable, i don't think they will depreciate as much as the other koreans.

Not the door locks any way bro.

What effects the 2nd hand market really will be parts support. i had an accident and it took 3 months to get the fender and the bonnet. :( until then car was just lying in the Garage. They also sometimes never had oil filters and air filters in stock. they recomended me to buy VIC. :(

Also the fact is that part support after this model goes out of production. ample parts means 2nd owner will not worry about buying it.

1. What is down hill brake system and is it worth to add for the price tag ($300)?

Not really, unless you spend a substantial amount of time driving in the hill country. For 4 million are you getting a petrol or a diesel btw?

2. Saw somewherer that auto tranny has blown out in some countries. Therefore should i stick to old manual tranny than getting the tip tronic one? Then again my wife wont happy with that idea.

I think this issue was identified and rectified as one that was occurring in the US built ones. One thing I did find out though is that the manual version of the Sorento is not very good (according to a lot of online reviews, as well as owner of local Kia Motors agent who knows something about cars). I was offered the chance to drive one and see the difference, but decided against it although I am a die-hard manual fan. So far I haven't regretted this, nor have I found myself using the tip-tronic option.

3. Sales man at kia told fuel consumption is around 8-10 in city with AC. Can any current owner of a sorento veryfi that?

Again, you're getting the petrol or the diesel version? I have a diesel and can tell you those figures are a bit conservative, I get much better mileage than that in the city, and way better outstation. And I put around 1000-1500 km per month on this.

4. Heard that after service of the kia is not that good, Is it true?

I know it used to be pretty poor but I think it has improved greatly given the increased popularity of Kia here. However, I was stunned by the Ten Thousand rupee first service, whereas I'm accustomed to the first service normally being free.

5. Sales man told me the toy can be delivered within 5 months. Can it be true?

Hope this is the case, maybe it will be what with reduced orders due to the tax increase.

6. What are the other options i have than go with kia with my 4 m budget? (SUVs)

I think you've got all you need. They do have a guy here who does leather seats locally, and does a very good job, you might want to look in to that if the cost is not too high and is substantially less than importing it with leather. Also, see if you can get chrome door handles (inside), because mine has some sort of plastic door handle that looks very flimsy and I'm worried may come off at some point.

Other than that, I think you are making a solid choice. But if you're going for a petrol, please get some feedback from those who run the petrol edition as I am not familiar with that.

• Like 1

Not the door locks any way bro.

What effects the 2nd hand market really will be parts support. i had an accident and it took 3 months to get the fender and the bonnet. :( until then car was just lying in the Garage. They also sometimes never had oil filters and air filters in stock. they recomended me to buy VIC. :(

Also the fact is that part support after this model goes out of production. ample parts means 2nd owner will not worry about buying it.

That is so disturbing to hear. I would assume that Fenders and Bonnets are frequently required replacements (accident replacements) and agents taking 3 months to deliver them is not acceptable. By the way aren't these parts available in the second hand market such as Delkanda?