• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Hybrids - How Is The Fuel Consumption For City Running

svf

Question

My sister drives an Insight, I have driven it in varios ways and only way that I did get over 20 kmpl was by driving it like there was a kid on my roof... I can prove this to you... but like i said it might be a problem in the car, that I don't know off... but those were the figures that I got..

And your point is??????

I have a Honda Insight and have used for two months now. this is how it works...

Office times in Colombo - 14 - 16 km/l ( With the full Trafic)

Suburbs (Around Wattala) - 18 - 20 km/l

Long Distance - 25 - 30 km/l

Edited by Dinuk

Come again? You mean you get less efficiency on outstation running? :unsure:

Yes exactly. Prius is more fuel efficient in city running than in outstations. Thats why it's popular as a city car all over the world.

I ve got 2 prius 2008s and they do about 20km/l in the city and once i went outstation to matara when it worked out with 35-40km/l?.i ran 160 odd in 3.5 litres an the meter also said 40s,,,,, :rolleyes:

35-40km/l is unusually high for the Prius average fuel economy. I assume you are quoting the real time "Current km/l" display which can momentarily hit very high numbers and not the "Average km/l" display?

07Prius_batterypower.JPG

07Prius_consumption.JPG

I ve got 2 prius 2008s and they do about 20km/l in the city and once i went outstation to matara when it worked out with 35-40km/l?.i ran 160 odd in 3.5 litres an the meter also said 40s,,,,, :rolleyes:

Is your prius a uk import? then it has to be 40mpg, and not 40km/l. Honestly what was your average speed during this test?

Is your prius a uk import? then it has to be 40mpg, and not 40km/l. Honestly what was your average speed during this test?

I wondered whether his car was a UK car too and the display was showing mpg, but then his 20km/l city number sounds right.

If he was hypermiling, an average as high as 50+km/l is achievable in the Prius, but difficult in local conditions.

How fast were you going dude?