• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Your Favourite Mode Of Transport

milinda

Given the choice what would U select?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. My favourite mode of transport is

• Horses and Goats
    • Tatas and Bajajs

its got lovely build quality and a nice posh interior with a tad of a leather finish and neat dials.

Hey pilla/pericles, is the Lucino having different chasis and drivetrain than da sunny..??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amm I actually agree on this one.. the Lucino is actually a better car than the City.. its got lovely build quality and a nice posh interior with a tad of a leather finish and neat dials. The City's got a bit too much plastic, terrible breaks and lousy steering feel and the car feels too light- unlike Lucino which has a solid drive.

well... which car is better depends on how you look at it... "if" Lucino is to have the same enigine as the normal sunny then City's B15C engine wins hands down... and "i guess" the lucino is older than a 2001 City, So City is likely to have a higher market value than a Lucino... but certainly in terms of build quality Lucino is a class higher, City is essentially low budget car... bottom line is, someone can say Lucino is better, the other may say City is better, they both will have points...

well... which car is better depends on how you look at it... "if" Lucino is to have the same enigine as the normal sunny then City's B15C engine wins hands down... and "i guess" the lucino is older than a 2001 City, So City is likely to have a higher market value than a Lucino... but certainly in terms of build quality Lucino is a class higher, City is essentially low budget car... bottom line is, someone can say Lucino is better, the other may say City is better, they both will have points...

Somebody please :P on my head!!!

bsmeter0ti.gif

bsmeter0ti.gif

Dude, agree with the response or not, I just love this pic!! Bloody burst out laughing when I saw it :P

Just FYI Isuru, no idea if it is the norm, but the Lucino does come in a VZ-R version. SR16VE there :)

Edited by Pericles

Dude, agree with the response or not, I just love this pic!! Bloody burst out laughing when I saw it :lol:

Just FYI Isuru, no idea if it is the norm, but the Lucino does come in a VZ-R version. SR16VE there :D

plz look at my post again, i had said "IF" the lucino has the normal sunny engine, in that case only B15C powertrain is superior....

i dint know dat Ashan's a VZR mighty, datz y i had qualified my claim wit "IF"...

SR16VE is amazingly way ahead....

plz look at my post again, i had said "IF" the lucino has the normal sunny engine, in that case only B15C powertrain is superior....

i dint know dat Ashan's a VZR mighty, datz y i had qualified my claim wit "IF"...

SR16VE is amazingly way ahead....

2nd thoughts....

I edit my post. No need of this. Yes mate, ur Honda City is superior than my Lucino, or even than any car which has the same displacement that of city....

2nd thoughts....

I edit my post. No need of this. Yes mate, ur Honda City is superior than my Lucino, or even than any car which has the same displacement that of city....

i dont think i saw ur post b4 editing... anyway i wasn't trying to say City z superior or anything, but simply replied to Peri dat there are points 4 da City too(if Lucino has same engine).. and things like superior/inferior depends on how u look at it...

but Lucino overall is better than City... you just have to close a door and feel the difference of "BUILD QUALITY"...

anyway since urs z VZR... no two words about it... BTW Congtratulations U r 1 of da 3 VZR owners in this forum :lol:

Dude, agree with the response or not, I just love this pic!! Bloody burst out laughing when I saw it :lol:

Just FYI Isuru, no idea if it is the norm, but the Lucino does come in a VZ-R version. SR16VE there :D

Hmm full list of Lucino specs.. for anyone who feels lazy to google:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/nissan/lucino/1999_1/

The1500 version comes with 105hp engine

Hey did any one know that there was Mugen turbo charged version of the city produced from 82-87???

Check this out on wiki: cool sh*t:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_City_Turbo

The 2001 City 1500 comes with a 100hp Vtec-e engine and is supposed to have a good power to weight ratio. At 985kgs I may agree.

The Lucino has a weight of 1010kg on the MT version- that makes gives it decent speed.

Luncino power to weight: 9.61

City power to weight: 9.85

(Not 100% sure about the City weight though)

The better car?? Nissan for sure its got a bit more torque.. and that 'feel' which the city sadly lacks.. the city's drive reminds of my old van..

i dont think i saw ur post b4 editing... anyway i wasn't trying to say City z superior or anything, but simply replied to Peri dat there are points 4 da City too(if Lucino has same engine).. and things like superior/inferior depends on how u look at it...

but Lucino overall is better than City... you just have to close a door and feel the difference of "BUILD QUALITY"...

anyway since urs z VZR... no two words about it... BTW Congtratulations U r 1 of da 3 VZR owners in this forum :D

Hold ur horses. I didn't say Ashan's Lucino was a VZR. I said there is a version. No idea of the grade on Ashan's. (Tho it's GTR if u go by the badging for now ;):lol: )

bsmeter0ti.gif

brilliant dude absolutely brilliant...

Hey did any one know that there was Mugen turbo charged version of the city produced from 82-87???

Check this out on wiki: cool sh*t:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_City_Turbo

a frnd had one of em...mad car minus brakes :lol:

brilliant dude absolutely brilliant...

a frnd had one of em...mad car minus brakes :lol:

my self and shrky had a discussion abt it sometime ago in some other thread... BTW this Mugen City, was the one that turned the corner for Mugen....

yes i must admit, rather crappy breaks...

dat 100hp engine of a city aint true... it's got at least 105hp i am sure, but most specs i have read boasts 115hp for the B15C... May be Chang, who kows abt da B15C engine can add something here...

Machan how do you find that, the difference of 100 to 105hp? Just wondering??? :blink:

Gud question..!! :blink:

Simple equation,

105 - 100 = 5 hp

What those five horses can actually do..?? Well, four can pull a large cart/wagon and u still got one left for an evening ride.. :P

Simple equation,

105 - 100 = 5 hp

What those five horses can actually do..?? Well, four can pull a large cart/wagon and u still got one left for an evening ride.. :P

Ok.... me bad in my maths :blink:

Simple equation,

105 - 100 = 5 hp

well said ;) , well there's more u can do wit 5 horses u know

Hold ur horses. I didn't say Ashan's Lucino was a VZR. I said there is a version. No idea of the grade on Ashan's. (Tho it's GTR if u go by the badging for now ;):blink: )

yah i guess i saw da car saturday night/sunday mornin

The1500 version comes with 105hp engine

Wrong!!!(not the VTEC version at least)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_City

But u gotta translate this for me :blink: ...

hondacity0ui.jpg

@Ash

my friend has a non vtec 105hp Honda City, only modz r alloys, if Ash doesn't mind, i can arrange a drag(jst for fun, not to prove anything)

--- more city specs

http://www.globalautoindex.com/model.plt?no=193&ass=

One hp is roughly 0.74 kW..

So according to that chart da 1.5l non-vtec should produce somthin like 104hp and da 1.5l vtec should produce somthin like 115hp.. (jus chekin out da hp values..)

Wrong!!!(not the VTEC version at least)

If u follow the link, u'll find out Pila was talking of the 1500 Lucino having 105hp

Interesting, even a 2.0l one with a SR20DE...

Also interesting, Pila, is that this lists all as wagons. And the pics look very Pulsar S-RV.

This is probably better. Got some coupes in there too :blink:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/nissan/lucino/1997_9/

@Ash

my friend has a non vtec 105hp Honda City, only modz r alloys, if Ash doesn't mind, i can arrange a drag(jst for fun, not to prove anything)

Isuru.... When I bought this car few things considered for my choice... Honda was never in my list since it's far too common. And no Indian makes as well... Few options I had had, Persia, Lucino, Pulsar and Primera. I chose Lucino since it got a spotier look and different from what we see everyday. And not forgetting I trust Nissan for its reliability.

I don't have any intention of running with any body to check whose is faster or anything. With a friend...yes, I might... but even that's for fun, not for any bragging right.

Sorry to put your invitation down.

Isuru.... When I bought this car few things considered for my choice... Honda was never in my list since it's far too common. And no Indian makes as well... Few options I had had, Persia, Lucino, Pulsar and Primera. I chose Lucino since it got a spotier look and different from what we see everyday. And not forgetting I trust Nissan for its reliability.

I don't have any intention of running with any body to check whose is faster or anything. With a friend...yes, I might... but even that's for fun, not for any bragging right.

Cool scene mate! BTW my personal favorite would have been Pulsar of the list u've put down.

If u follow the link, u'll find out Pila was talking of the 1500 Lucino having 105hp

Also interesting, Pila, is that this lists all as wagons. And the pics look very Pulsar S-RV.

This is probably better. Got some coupes in there too :P

yah i had quoted the worng area in his post(in my usual reckless hurry) the correct quote would have been...

The 2001 City 1500 comes with a 100hp

and that was wrong, at least according to the links i gave...

Yawn.. who cares anyway its still a shi*tty vtec-e lev.. Damn its such a nuisance looking for Honda City specs on the internet! No one seems to care other than them Indians.. no not the red ones lol

Yarrrr?

This is probably better. Got some coupes in there too :P

Ahh think I saw that one.. somethings wrong with the link though. Hey the front grill of SRV looks nice for a swap with a Pulsar.I so wanted an S-Rv at one point... how much do they go for these days by the way?

yeah lucino is the only car you could pick from that lot... :P except for the lucino in all the other models the interior sucks.. it's so basic..

your interior sucks a bit as well... but I like what you have done with it... looks really good... :D

I think the best Lucino's on the road today are your one, the balck one and there's another blue one with a very low kit...