• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Hornet.. Need Help!!!

venomafiax

hey guys... ive just sold my bike and about to go for a new one which i will be using everyday for another year atleast.

im about to buy a new Honda Hornet and there are 2 bikes as at now that i can go for... One is a CH110 and the other is a CH115. and theyve both got a problem...

CH110 - the notification lights dont work...the green nutral light etc etc.... and it has a front right side fork oil leak.. a slight one. is this a big issue? can it be fixed successfully and is it costly to fix this? and how much?

CH115- bike is in good condition, but the tires are fully worn out. How much will it cost to replace new tyres. ??

would you also be able to tell me what the market price for a good bike based on the above Chassis would be???

thanks

hey guys... ive just sold my bike and about to go for a new one which i will be using everyday for another year atleast.

im about to buy a new Honda Hornet and there are 2 bikes as at now that i can go for... One is a CH110 and the other is a CH115. and theyve both got a problem...

CH110 - the notification lights dont work...the green nutral light etc etc.... and it has a front right side fork oil leak.. a slight one. is this a big issue? can it be fixed successfully and is it costly to fix this? and how much?

CH115- bike is in good condition, but the tires are fully worn out. How much will it cost to replace new tyres. ??

would you also be able to tell me what the market price for a good bike based on the above Chassis would be???

thanks

I honestly don't know much about Hornets but in general, if there's a oil leak on the fork, check carefully to see if there are tiny little scratches or dents on the fork. If the fork is scratched, then u r better off without that bike.

You need to replace both side oil seals and fill them with fork oil. It's been a while since I rode a bike so I don't remember how expensive fork oil is.

Regarding the notification lights, u need to find out why they don't work. Is it because the bulbs are fried? or has the owner disconnected the lights because some light is always on? If its the latter, again you have to think twice about buying that bike.

In case of the second one, if everything else is fine, then replacing tyres is just a one-time expense.

well tooo bad CP ddnt stick to the point...

end of the day guy who started the thread... youve made a good choice.. the FZ is good to start with... once your used to it, the cornering, shifting gears (it has quite a good clutch) etc etc... you can try the CBR or a hornet or sumtim bigger... but its a good bike to start with unlike any other indian bike you have to agree...

@ CP - I meant no offence but you stole the wrong show mate... :P and yeah its quite obvious the Japs are better... but thats between you and me and everyone experienced here... but for a newbie... you could have helped him better!

ohh btw im working on a project with a hornet, doing some custom Mods to make it a super streetfighter... il'l get the pics once im done will take atleast 3 months.

haha... that was fun! Loooool!

thanks

I thought u already had a Hornet by your above post made on another topic..... :rolleyes:

well i agree with you maan... the CBR isnt a big bike... if you really want to you can start on a 250... my first bike was a Jap too but not a 250... it was a CB125T it was an Ok bike! but now i buy n sell 250's as a hobby... working on some custom paint jobs n styles now... youl'l see them soon!!! will post pics!

and i always believe bikes move a soul and not just the body or a means of transport!

i wud have gone for the CBR wen i started but haha too bad my dad wudnt allow me to... he insisted i started on sum crapy 100cc but i managed to settle in for the CB125T luvd it.. too bad it kept breaking down... and as at now hmmm ive not had a bad crash yet.... touchwood i guess its bcoz i started with a small bike dat i can flick around... yeah and if i had gone for a 250 im sure i wud have crashed atleast one.. or just dropped the bike atleast lol!! so yeah the smaller bike allowed me to skip the crash that i knw wud have happened!!!

too bad now a days for a noob on a medium scale budget the first bike is always an indian.... well atleast to the majority plus not every1 can afford a first Jap bike plus... 6 gears with a used clutch! i wish i cud revind days well but then again... i dont regret a thing!

i knw my opinion is not the correct one... but wat i knw is that its the most sensible one... dont you think? but i luv the way u put it i shall consider wat u said!

For a person who buys & sells bikes as a hobby....ur either really dumb or u were just trying to impress the forum members by boasting about ur self...well either way i would say EPIC FAIL :angry-smiley-048:

CH110 - the notification lights dont work...the green nutral light etc etc.... and it has a front right side fork oil leak.. a slight one. is this a big issue? can it be fixed successfully and is it costly to fix this? and how much? Just change the bulb :rolleyes:replace the front fork oil seal..its not rocket science any person with a bike & a brain knows what to do

CH115- bike is in good condition, but the tires are fully worn out. How much will it cost to replace new tyres. ?? Dunlop would cost around 24,000 for front & rear

would you also be able to tell me what the market price for a good bike based on the above Chassis would be??? we would expect u to know since your the person who does the buying & selling as a hobby

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 1

For a person who buys & sells bikes as a hobby....ur either really dumb or u were just trying to impress the forum members by boasting about ur self...well either way i would say EPIC FAIL :angry-smiley-048:

CH110 - the notification lights dont work...the green nutral light etc etc.... and it has a front right side fork oil leak.. a slight one. is this a big issue? can it be fixed successfully and is it costly to fix this? and how much? Just change the bulb :rolleyes:replace the front fork oil seal..its not rocket science any person with a bike & a brain knows what to do

CH115- bike is in good condition, but the tires are fully worn out. How much will it cost to replace new tyres. ?? Dunlop would cost around 24,000 for front & rear

would you also be able to tell me what the market price for a good bike based on the above Chassis would be??? we would expect u to know since your the person who does the buying & selling as a hobby

CP

ha ha ha

Blast from the past :) :)

Venom has been a little poser all along :)

after his "pora talk" here...i googled the little girl on that indian forum he raved about :)

Very funny posts on that site by our bike expert :) :) :)

Little Venom

on topic... and since we aren't posers and don't bash folks for no reason :)

fixhind indicator lights isn't tough. most probably it can even be as simple as a blown fuse, loose wiring or a burnt out bulb.

pretty easy to fix and even easy DIY if you are handy with that sorta stuff.

I fix most of my bike stuff by myself. Just get a workshop manual off the manufacturer or a haynes manual and you're good to go.

Fork oil is cheap and so are the seals. dead easy job to do and given the poplarity of the model and honda's do tend to share some parts, finding seals shouldn't be an issue. It's very rarely that the forlk itself get scraped badly enough to cause a leak. Most probably it's just the seals.

Nikko motors in rajagiriya and Janaka motors in Maligwatta should have the stuff. Buy a decent branded fork oil and not the ones that comes in little plastic bottle with unheard of brand names.

No idea about tyre prices but as CP says, they are a bit pricey. Considering you're upgrading from an indian bike.

there is a smallish but well packed bike tyre joint in Maligawatta. Can't remember the name but i think they carry non-mainstream brand tyres.

Not 100% sure whether they have tyres for a hornet but worth a check.

And most importantly. Don't talk all pig headed in forums without knowing much about the topic cos there's always somebody who knows better than you. In this case, a lot of people.

Ride safe and good luck!

• Like 3

Damn!

U guys are good at catching trolls...

and I was trying to help this guy out with my limited knowledge :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

CP

ha ha ha

Blast from the past :) :)

Venom has been a little poser all along :)

after his "pora talk" here...i googled the little girl on that indian forum he raved about :)

Very funny posts on that site by our bike expert :) :) :)

Little Venom

on topic... and since we aren't posers and don't bash folks for no reason :)

fixhind indicator lights isn't tough. most probably it can even be as simple as a blown fuse, loose wiring or a burnt out bulb.

I fix most of my bike stuff by myself. Just get a workshop manual off the manufacturer or a haynes manual and you're good to go.

Fork oil is cheap and so are the seals. dead easy job to do and given the poplarity of the model and honda's do tend to share some parts, finding seals shouldn't be an issue. It's very rarely that the forlk itself get scraped badly enough to cause a leak. Most probably it's just the seals.

Nikko motors in rajagiriya and Janaka motors in Maligwatta should have the stuff. Buy a decent branded fork oil and not the ones that comes in little plastic bottle with unheard of brand names.

No idea about tyre prices but as CP says, they are a bit pricey. Considering you're upgrading from an indian bike.

there is a smallish but well packed bike tyre joint in Maligawatta. Can't remember the name but i think they carry non-mainstream brand tyres.

And most importantly. Don't talk all pig headed in forums without knowing much about the topic cos there's always somebody who knows better than you. In this case, a lot of people.

Ride safe and good luck!

I've seen your posts man .you know alot of about bikes And the DIY's on em'.nice to see a devoted biker :).

And as for the hornets

you'll never know the actual condition of the bike unless you know about bikes get a mechanic to check it if you aren't sure .

some people do not know how to maintain there bikes so who knows what in the world ,they've done to the wiring,.

Tires as CP suggested the price would be around 24K,reconditions could also be found but not seen any round recently.Check with Thissa aiyya maligawattha

Ohh for god sake... cut it out all ready... i just arrived in colombo.... it was posted by my cousin he dsnt know technical stuff... just help him out dude...

He did ask me while i was away but i was not able to help him out coz i dont have much knowledge on technical stuff for 250's so i asked him to post it on AL using ma laptop.... Chooti P****s u shudnt b bashing everyone around.... ive forgotten i bashed u on dat one already... it clearly looks like i pissed u off on dat one and all u want is revenge... forget it dude... stealing the wrong show again.

Machan i did say i was buying and selling as a hobby... infact it dsnt have to mean i have bought and sold like 10-20 it may be as little as just 2 bikes or a bit more...

i am working on a project... im expecting some parts in a month purchased on ebay still bidding.... headlamps, rear tails, belly pans, indicators, clip on handles etc etc...

be nice the next time.... im nt saying im good at technical stuff... and i cudnt help my cuz coz ive never experienced these problems... and wudnt knw about them anyway... im not some expert im just starting the whole 250 thing... but i do know the market prices but he ddnt ask me anytin with regard to market prices.... next time be nice dude... i might need some genuine help and i might wanna hear from you too..

and thanks for the feed back i really appreciate it./... Thanks!! i hope we good here! :alc:

after all the FZ and CBR topic was quite a different story it had nothing to do with technical stuff and the guy who posted that topic ended up making the right choice

CP

ha ha ha

Blast from the past

Venom has been a little poser all along

after his "pora talk" here...i googled the little girl on that indian forum he raved about :

Very funny posts on that site by our bike expert

Little Venom

on topic... and since we aren't posers and don't bash folks for no reason

Ride safe and good luck!

Ive replied to Chooti Putah's comments above.... dat post wsnt by me and it wsnt for me... i just saw it lol!!!! thanks for the feedback!

Damn!

U guys are good at catching trolls...

and I was trying to help this guy out with my limited knowledge :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

the guy reely needs help... so keep it flowing... ur limited knowledge is appreciated!

hahaha!

funny how ppl make make big-shot posts and then when they get busted it was their "cousin" who posted. EXACT situation we had that Peugeot restoration thread.

And if your cousin doesnt have the mental capacity to create a FREE account on AL which wont take 5 minutes, how can he ride a motorcycle, let alone carry out a repair on one :D

• Like 2

Ohh for god sake... cut it out all ready... i just arrived in colombo.... it was posted by my cousin he dsnt know technical stuff... just help him out dude...

He did ask me while i was away but i was not able to help him out coz i dont have much knowledge on technical stuff for 250's so i asked him to post it on AL using ma laptop.... Chooti P****s u shudnt b bashing everyone around.... ive forgotten i bashed u on dat one already... it clearly looks like i pissed u off on dat one and all u want is revenge... forget it dude... stealing the wrong show again.

Machan i did say i was buying and selling as a hobby... infact it dsnt have to mean i have bought and sold like 10-20 it may be as little as just 2 bikes or a bit more...

i am working on a project... im expecting some parts in a month purchased on ebay still bidding.... headlamps, rear tails, belly pans, indicators, clip on handles etc etc...

be nice the next time.... im nt saying im good at technical stuff... and i cudnt help my cuz coz ive never experienced these problems... and wudnt knw about them anyway... im not some expert im just starting the whole 250 thing... but i do know the market prices but he ddnt ask me anytin with regard to market prices.... next time be nice dude... i might need some genuine help and i might wanna hear from you too..

and thanks for the feed back i really appreciate it./... Thanks!! i hope we good here! :alc:

after all the FZ and CBR topic was quite a different story it had nothing to do with technical stuff and the guy who posted that topic ended up making the right choice

Ive replied to Chooti Putah's comments above.... dat post wsnt by me and it wsnt for me... i just saw it lol!!!! thanks for the feedback!

the guy reely needs help... so keep it flowing... ur limited knowledge is appreciated!

wow u have never seen a fork oil seal leak??? :rolleyes: im sure ur the first & only guy who referred to him self as a biker & once quoted "knowledge is wisdom" that didnt know about fork oil seals....

Also as someone who buys & sells 250...you sound like an idiot who doesnt know what he is doing.... :rolleyes: how can u sell a bike to someone which u have no clue of.....

I think we got split personality in the house :rolleyes:

Edited by Chooti Putha

VEnom...you really need to grow up a bit and get down from that very high wooden pony you're on!!!

Especially if you seek help and want to get on with people.

We all know what you know and what you don't know.

After that legendary threads earlier, i visited your indian site and i know that much more about you now. So stop bullshitting around. It aint working.

• Like 2

hahaha!

funny how ppl make make big-shot posts and then when they get busted it was their "cousin" who posted. EXACT situation we had that Peugeot restoration thread.

And if your cousin doesnt have the mental capacity to create a FREE account on AL which wont take 5 minutes, how can he ride a motorcycle, let alone carry out a repair on one :D

hey hey...this guys expects us to fall for this lame arguments :)

we've seen enough and more posers here to qualify to go full pro :D

just look at the writing style of the topic post and all other posts by Venom :D

dead easy to see it came from the same guy... :D

I am ok with buggers talking a bit of BS on an off but expecting us to fall for this rubbish is what really pisses me off!

• Like 1

And now you know why you should never, EVER let anyone else use your damn accounts! Or if you are, have the courtesy to say your someone else, like that chap who used Dark Angel's account sometime back.

Its not like its a pay site, or creating an account for yourself is hard. Not rocket science.

• Like 1

VEnom...you really need to grow up a bit and get down from that very high wooden pony you're on!!!

Especially if you seek help and want to get on with people.

We all know what you know and what you don't know.

After that legendary threads earlier, i visited your indian site and i know that much more about you now. So stop bullshitting around. It aint working.

Not to forget getting his head out of his ass :alc:

wow u have never seen a fork oil seal leak??? :rolleyes: im sure ur the first & only guy who referred to him self as a biker & once quoted "knowledge is wisdom" that didnt know about fork oil seals....

Also as someone who buys & sells 250...you sound like an idiot who doesnt know what he is doing.... :rolleyes: how can u sell a bike to someone which u have no clue of.....

I think we got split personality in the house :rolleyes:

wat is the matter with u??? y do u have to emphasis on everything people post on here... just coz i said i am now buying and selling bikes... which is true it doesnt mean i know everything about bike... this is not my thing.. i buy good bikes that go for real cheap... and sell them... and bikes is not as much as u have in mind... it can also be buying and selling a bit more than 2 bikes... u may have sold 5-10... may be ive sold less.. but bikes Yes... and Fork Seal Problems - NO... Ive seen plenty of fork seal problems but i never bothered coz i was never buying any of em... rght nw.. i hv no ride and i need one really bad and the only one ive managed to come across is this... which leaves me at a point where i have no option but trying to learn about the whole fork seal thing. See from all the info ive collected over the past two days i think this problem is more than just the Fork Seal... but i really cant tell if there is internal damage coz i dont have much experience with a garage and a mech... coz the 3 odd bikes i sold off never had a problem.. and never had them long enough to do an oil change... buying and selling... do u get it???

but this time... i want to Buy and own it... u get it? this is for me personally and not to sell off so im a bit more conscious... U do understand rght... ive never had this problem b4.. i knw how to fix it and how it needs to get done but nt sure where and how much... i proly dont have much experience as u do... hw many times do i tell u that and u keep repeating ur crap!!! u like being the hero when its really not needed.. were u bullied in school?

i really dont wanna b doing the bashing around.... but hey ur free to help if u want to... coz i might need it... but the bashing out!!! dat was a different topic and it was related to the words Begginer who dsnt knw to shift gears, comfort, and durability and maintenance.

u cant apply that here... y do u wanna keep doing this anyway? :violent-smiley-099: LOoool Immature!

hey take it easy!

And now you know why you should never, EVER let anyone else use your damn accounts! Or if you are, have the courtesy to say your someone else, like that chap who used Dark Angel's account sometime back.

Its not like its a pay site, or creating an account for yourself is hard. Not rocket science.

Naaa... he dsnt need an account..its just a one of!

wat is the matter with u??? y do u have to emphasis on everything people post on here... just coz i said i am now buying and selling bikes... which is true it doesnt mean i know everything about bike... this is not my thing.. i buy good bikes that go for real cheap... and sell them... and bikes is not as much as u have in mind... it can also be buying and selling a bit more than 2 bikes... u may have sold 5-10... may be ive sold less.. but bikes Yes... and Fork Seal Problems - NO... Ive seen plenty of fork seal problems but i never bothered coz i was never buying any of em... rght nw.. i hv no ride and i need one really bad and the only one ive managed to come across is this... which leaves me at a point where i have no option but trying to learn about the whole fork seal thing. See from all the info ive collected over the past two days i think this problem is more than just the Fork Seal... but i really cant tell if there is internal damage coz i dont have much experience with a garage and a mech... coz the 3 odd bikes i sold off never had a problem.. and never had them long enough to do an oil change... buying and selling... do u get it???

but this time... i want to Buy and own it... u get it? this is for me personally and not to sell off so im a bit more conscious... U do understand rght... ive never had this problem b4.. i knw how to fix it and how it needs to get done but nt sure where and how much... i proly dont have much experience as u do... hw many times do i tell u that and u keep repeating ur crap!!! u like being the hero when its really not needed.. were u bullied in school?

i really dont wanna b doing the bashing around.... but hey ur free to help if u want to... coz i might need it... but the bashing out!!! dat was a different topic and it was related to the words Begginer who dsnt knw to shift gears, comfort, and durability and maintenance.

u cant apply that here... y do u wanna keep doing this anyway? :violent-smiley-099: LOoool Immature!

hey take it easy!

And didn't you say the bike was for your cousin????? and the post too was made by him?

you are a bad poser and a bad liar mate.

why don't you accept that and we can all move on.

LIke i told you before...your BS aint working...

You might think it is but defintely aint working....

• Like 2

Then he should have started off saying he was using someone elses account. See the problems it causes when you give your accounts out? NEVER give your accounts out to other people.

hey take it easy!

From your earlier thread u sounded like u had sold more than two bikes & for a person who was modifying a hornet back then....why would u want to buy one now & all of a sudden the bike is for u now & not for u r cousin... :angry-smiley-048:

I doubt u bought or sold anything. Other than the FZ u claimed to have owned... :rolleyes:

I guess we will have to call u the biker troll on AL :alc:

Edited by Chooti Putha

And didn't you say the bike was for your cousin????? and the post too was made by him?

you are a bad poser and a bad liar mate.

why don't you accept that and we can all move on.

LIke i told you before...your BS aint working...

You might think it is but defintely aint working....

Ripper i guess he cant think straight becoz his head is up his ass so the blood going to his head isnt flowing properly. So the guy cant even BS properly :lol:

Ripper i guess he cant think straight becoz his head is up his ass so the blood going to his head isnt flowing properly. So the guy cant even BS properly :lol:

it really beats me why people come up with this BS mate.

i mean why put on a false personality here?

they are annonymous anyways so looking cool online doesnt really get anybody anywhere the way i see it.

Mind you all who tried that crashed burned pretty fast.

Crisco Nihal, Cali, Riddle to name a few...

False claims doesn't hold up over time. Not here at least! :D

it really beats me why people come up with this BS mate.

i mean why put on a false personality here?

they are annonymous anyways so looking cool online doesnt really get anybody anywhere the way i see it.

Mind you all who tried that crashed burned pretty fast.

Crisco Nihal, Cali, Riddle to name a few...

False claims doesn't hold up over time. Not here at least! :D

I guess it gives them a sense of joy & pride...kind of like a fantasy where they claim they have things they dont :lol: we will never know what really goes on in their twisted minds.....