• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

The government yesterday assured redress to those whose vihicles were broken down as a result of using inferior quality fuel while pumps in filling stations which went out of order will be repaired by the ministry of petroleum industries free of charge. (Daily Mirror 06/07/2001)

Is it true?? :unsure: Very funny. :lol: and will have a look how they do it.

Edited by Modaya
  • Like 1

The government yesterday assured redress to those whose vihicles were broken down as a result of using inferior quality fuel while pumps in filling stations which went out of order will be repaired by the ministry of petroleum industries free of charge. (Daily Mirror 06/07/2001)

When ministers say free, they mean the taxpayers will pay for it. :rolleyes: Just like the tax payers pay the salary of the fools who are in those places. Tho it makes you wonder who the bigger fool is, the ones who are paying to keep the fools there, or the fools who are there?

• Like 2

The government yesterday assured redress to those whose vihicles were broken down as a result of using inferior quality fuel while pumps in filling stations which went out of order will be repaired by the ministry of petroleum industries free of charge.

What?? Are they really going to do this? :blink:

If so,.. another political underarm income plan... some MP might recently bought a garage or yard to start up a auto mechanical work, now this vehicles will be pushed to him. I doubt government will bear the full cost of the repair; surely there will be a service charge after all for the car owner.

How can they verify, do we need to produce a bill or something? Then who ever needed a full fuel system cleaning work must have put some of those corrupted petrol and could claim and have a free fuel system clearing done.

Nice.... :lol:

When ministers say free, they mean the taxpayers will pay for it. :rolleyes: Just like the tax payers pay the salary of the fools who are in those places. Tho it makes you wonder who the bigger fool is, the ones who are paying to keep the fools there, or the fools who are there?

True nothing comes free. We already paid the price for broken pumps at petrol sheds through the taxes they charge us.

What?? Are they really going to do this? :blink:

If so,.. another political underarm income plan... some MP might recently bought a garage or yard to start up a auto mechanical work, now this vehicles will be pushed to him. I doubt government will bear the full cost of the repair; surely there will be a service charge after all for the car owner.

How can they verify, do we need to produce a bill or something? Then who ever needed a full fuel system cleaning work must have put some of those corrupted petrol and could claim and have a free fuel system clearing done.

Nice.... :lol:

Just add some pure water to your fuel tank. Then U'll get a fuel system check up with replacing parts

FREE OF CHARGE. :alc:

This isn't over yet as I witnessed about 6 more 406s and a bluebird in the garage plus he was getting scary number of phone calls for roadside assistance. Needless to say all due to bad quality fuel. Had a chat with one person where his car failed after pumped a tankful of 95. Have to take the 406 out tomorrow as golf gave up due to a leaky diesel filter housing and wondering what to pump from where.

Any updates on reliable filling stations? Appreciate responses from euro owners specifically.

I pumped from Laughs Maharagama two days ago and so far no issues.

Thanks guys for the responses. Finally decided to pump from flower road ceypetco and pumped 95. So far no issues and the reason to decide was couple of friends running 406s daily kept on pumping from that place and so far with no issues. Lot of vehicles of prime minister office and other cabinet ministries pumping from this station for those chits. So far no issues and keeping the fingers crossed.

Yesterday I Dragged my Friends FB15 to the garage early morning & they replaced the Petrol pump & Clean the fuel tank cost him around Rs. 4k without Petrol cost (He said pumped at Shell at Nawinna last 25th) We have placed the complain in there and they showed us the samples they took, one with Black (like engine oil) in the bottom of the bottle and they shows me new sample looks clear.. Anyway at last (last few days i left my car at home bc's it's time to fill the tank..) today i decide to pump full tank from same place as that’s my usual place 1st i took sample to a 500ml bottle & it's look clean so went ahead & pump a full tank.. For the moment i parked my car at work place & hope it will start at evening without any probs.. :)

good one...

I need to pump fuel to my nissan march ak12

i used to pump extra premium is this affected,

Also before pumping i'd like to know the price of a fuel pump for it in sri lanka

And also the average labor cost of replacing it and draining the tank

I need to pump fuel to my nissan march ak12

i used to pump extra premium is this affected,

Also before pumping i'd like to know the price of a fuel pump for it in sri lanka

And also the average labor cost of replacing it and draining the tank

Even I pumped x-tra primium this time and no problem . you may go a head pl.

Even I pumped x-tra primium this time and no problem . you may go a head pl.

felix perera 95 octane the shed near bridgets.. 35 liters pumped no issues...

they said they are not ordering 90 octane untill the crisis is settled.. but they do have thier stuff which is the extra primum.. some people pump that as well..

but long ques for 95 as only one pump is pumping 95..

Shall we collect details of fuel sheds that had 95 octane fuel that caused the vehicles to stall? I saw some posts about 95 octane too... Surely they must be selling 90 octane instad of 95 octane or mixing them.

Finally some good news!

still i think we will not be out of the woods until around a year from now.. as someone said they will mix the bad stuff and send in batches in the future.. as i dont think they will destroy the rest of the bad stuff..

• Like 1

Finally some good news!

Yeah it is good news,but still we have a risk,if the old stock is still there,they would not disposs it.There is a chance that they'll mix both the new and the old.Who knows.If they do there might not be effects after we pump the petrol but in the long run we'll have to face the side effects I guess.So still we have to be aware. :unsure:

still i think we will not be out of the woods until around a year from now.. as someone said they will mix the bad stuff and send in batches in the future.. as i dont think they will destroy the rest of the bad stuff..

Oops I think I didnt see ure post :rolleyes:

someone said (in this forum?) that there has been a practice of mixing some bad quality fuel or some chemical as 75:25 and this time they've done it 50:50 to increase profits. You never know that statement is based on a true practice or some random gossip. However, nothing is impossible in this land and I can now relate the quality of fuel and the number of how much your car does on fuel threads in Auto Lanka.

Can the bad quality fuel be a reason for some cars to return horrible figures in fuel consumption all of a sudden ?

The funniest thing I heard was some a## speaking up on the news saying that they only recieved complains from threewheeler and motor cyclist,how many of you guys owning cars with the problem had complained ?

I pumped 95 OCT yesterday evening from Battaramulla Ceypetco, then drove 25km and drove another 10km after overnight parking. So far no issues. They also saying that no guaranty can be given for 90 OCT as still they get some complains regarding the quality of 90 OCT. And told that no complains for 95 OCT yet.