• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Using thinner means, take a bottle of thinner and run the tubes (feed and return) from that bottle. Do not mix thinner or anything with fuel in the tank. You should first disconnect the tubing between tank and your electric pump.

However this cleaning should be done if you're sure that the pump is affected as a last attempt to revive it. May be you can get a test pump to determine whether the issue is with the pump or the carb.

Take the tube goes out of the pump and disconnect it from the carb end and switch on ignition. Pump will start pumping petrol out of the tank. Collect about half a bottle and let it settle. You should be able to see a water layer forming if petrol is of bad quality.

today the garage guy and came told me that my pump seems to be gone.....looking in the range of 4000 for that. Any good brands i should look for.just for the information does a pump continously pump fuel to the carb or is there a small gap where it stops and then pumps. when i switch on the ignition i can hear the sound but sometimes only the sound is coming and no fuel goes from the tube to the carb.... :mellow:

today the garage guy and came told me that my pump seems to be gone.....looking in the range of 4000 for that. Any good brands i should look for.just for the information does a pump continously pump fuel to the carb or is there a small gap where it stops and then pumps. when i switch on the ignition i can hear the sound but sometimes only the sound is coming and no fuel goes from the tube to the carb.... :mellow:

Not sure how your system works mate, because your car didn't come with an electronic fuel pump out of the factory. Best ask the mechanic who installed how he has rigged it up !

Using thinner means, take a bottle of thinner and run the tubes (feed and return) from that bottle. Do not mix thinner or anything with fuel in the tank. You should first disconnect the tubing between tank and your electric pump.

However this cleaning should be done if you're sure that the pump is affected as a last attempt to revive it. May be you can get a test pump to determine whether the issue is with the pump or the carb.

Take the tube goes out of the pump and disconnect it from the carb end and switch on ignition. Pump will start pumping petrol out of the tank. Collect about half a bottle and let it settle. You should be able to see a water layer forming if petrol is of bad quality.

harshana/Don

i removed the pump from the car,, and gave it direct supply from the battery, i also gave the 2 lines to petrol bottle it seems to be working fine......to be frank i am a bit baffled.do you think that i should check anything else before going and simply replacing the pump.....

harshana/Don

i removed the pump from the car,, and gave it direct supply from the battery, i also gave the 2 lines to petrol bottle it seems to be working fine......to be frank i am a bit baffled.do you think that i should check anything else before going and simply replacing the pump.....

Fuel pump in an EFI car feeds petrol continously and in a high pressure to maintain adequate pressure (3.5 bars generally) on the common injector rail. If the engine stops or if the driver switches on the ignition and doesn't crank, the pump will work for a set time period and shuts off. During the engine runing period, it pumps continously.

In a carbeurator model, carbeurator has a fuel stack in it accompanied with a floater to close the fuel feed line (line out from either mechanical or electronic pump) preventing overflow. When the engine runs, it's sufficient to fill up what's being consumed by the engine.

Check whether, your pump does it's job adequeately to fill the carbeurator when the engine is running at it's full potential (means pump has to be quick in filling the chamber). You said the pump is working, judge the fuel flow to see whether it's adequeate to fill the carbeurator. Working with a weak fuel flow might not be adequate and that could be the reason why your car stalls in intervals. When the car stalls just pull out the fuel feel line to see whether it's pumping fuel adequately. If it does, then the issue is something to do with the carbeurator.

Fuel pump in an EFI car feeds petrol continously and in a high pressure to maintain adequate pressure (3.5 bars generally) on the common injector rail. If the engine stops or if the driver switches on the ignition and doesn't crank, the pump will work for a set time period and shuts off. During the engine runing period, it pumps continously.

In a carbeurator model, carbeurator has a fuel stack in it accompanied with a floater to close the fuel feed line (line out from either mechanical or electronic pump) preventing overflow. When the engine runs, it's sufficient to fill up what's being consumed by the engine.

Check whether, your pump does it's job adequeately to fill the carbeurator when the engine is running at it's full potential (means pump has to be quick in filling the chamber). You said the pump is working, judge the fuel flow to see whether it's adequate to fill the carbeurator. Working with a weak fuel flow might not be adequate and that could be the reason why your car stalls in intervals. When the car stalls just pull out the fuel feel line to see whether it's pumping fuel adequately. If it does, then the issue is something to do with the carbeurator.

well the flow is quite ok...i mean not weak....think of a child blowing through a straw very hard it is the same here....do you think that i should check the relay.

well the flow is quite ok...i mean not weak....think of a child blowing through a straw very hard it is the same here....do you think that i should check the relay.

When the pump was installed in the car does it work the way it worked when given direct power? If not its a power issue or tubing issue including petrol filter. Certainly you should check the relay and + and - lines supplied to the coil of the relay

• 7 months later...

Saw this in the news paper today:

http://www.thesunday...fuel-suspended/

Guys, after pumping fuel from a IOC shed last sunday, car idling wasn't smooth and i thought something wrong in that shed as it was a newly opened one. Then i pumped from a ceypetco shed and after about 100km on the road, problem solved spontaneously. I dont know wheather its something to do with this petrol?

I doubt that machan, they say only diesel was contaminated not petrol, though petrol also could be contaminated. and they also mention that no contaminated fuel was fed into any vehicle.

Edited by Reckless

Actually it happened to me far away from colombo, at Bibila and there was clear change in idling and some missfiring. yeah, it may be somethin to do with that shed but its still difficult to belive so called authorities mate!

Members,

There was a time when Koil was cheap petrol station dealers used to mix about 5 % OF koil to petrol. So that motorists will not notice.

Diesel too was mixed 10 %.

This was done only dealers who had Koil tanks buried in their distribution stations. With the knowledge the oil distribution tank drivers.

Diesel or Petrol getting mixed with water is happening at the filling station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi