• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kyrons; How Are The Coping Up?

tiv

Hi there, Just wanted to know how the kyrons bought into the country are coping up? were there any major faults etc,

Once again I've been offered for one of these (used), just wanted to know a bit about the vehicle

I just went through the older posts but those were from 2007-2008, when the vehicles just came in,

I'm sure they've :rolleyes: had there time here and people will have experiences,

pls kindly mention them ..

thanks

Edited by tiv

my uncle bought one few years back for the permit

he says, its not that bad

he usually travel from Anuradapura to Colombo and Kandy once a month,

and it has never let him down. so fat few small repairs and timely services have done

thats it.

:)

Hi there, Just wanted to know how the kyrons bought into the country are coping up? were there any major faults etc,

Once again I've been offered for one of these (used), just wanted to know a bit about the vehicle

I just went through the older posts but those were from 2007-2008, when the vehicles just came in,

I'm sure they've :rolleyes: had there time here and people will have experiences,

pls kindly mention them ..

thanks

Alright mate personal experience regarding Ssang Yong,

Here's a list of the Pro's n Con's

1. Its a comfortable vehicle

2. Powerful because a VGT turbo powers it up real good.

3. Handling is real crap because of the improper vehile weight balance

4. If your looking at a 6 speed, well its powerful "BUT" it has a factory defective gear box. Puerly bad desin of shims on input shaft. Agents fix it FOC if its under warranty and only charge for the oil.

5. Check light indicates on it like a real bitch. Reasons,

6. Throttle and EGR systems are opperated by vaccum modulators. These pack off once in about 3-4 months. Mind you each one will cost you around 8,000 bucks. 4WD solonoids, if blocked still check light comes on.

7. These modulators last depending on the way you drive the vehicle. If you don't kick down or you drive like an old man, well it packs off. If you do the opposite wel it wil still pack off. So puerly bad desin there as well.

8. The 5 speed is good no promblems with the gearbox.

9. Front 4WD hubs. Vaccum opperated, gets stuck at times, each one will cost over 50K. If the vehicle is under warranty your lucky.

10. This has all the comfort functions, which is really good.

11. Air- conditioning system is fantastic.

12. Services should be done on time and its not costly even tho some customers bitch about and compare other brands.

13. Fan clutch, oh this mother burns off yearly. Vehicle will over race, fuel comsumption high and low pulling power will cost you about 25K.

14. Glow plugs, darn it, these things snap on the cylinder head when removal + replacement.

15. Injectors, famous for compression leaks through it seals.

16. Idler pulleys, chain tensioners, belt tensioners really sucks, if a lil water gets on to these things you are looking good repair/amount.

The Rexton is a fantastic jeep!!! I just love it!!! Now that i reccomend...

I think i better stop now, ;)... And i think i might get in a little bit of trouble. But if there's anything let me know cz i know those vehicles inside out.

cheers..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

^^^ WTF all those repairs on a vehicle that's three years old? At this point a maruti sounds better,

Mate these things even happen to Kyron's which are even 3 MONTHS OLD!!! Problems even come up few days after the vehicle has been delivered.

There's more but i have mentioned the important stuff. I have worked on these vehicles and mastered them too.

Feel free to ask any questions and i will be glad to answer them...

Cheers... ;)

Then to own a ssangyong u should own a garage,

as the other korean suvs are in a very close price range it is better to stay away from the ssangyongs,

My santafe never gave me a chance to visit the mechanics yet :P

But I alsogot tempted by the posh interior of the rexton and the options they offered those days

my uncle bought one few years back for the permit

he says, its not that bad

he usually travel from Anuradapura to Colombo and Kandy once a month,

and it has never let him down. so fat few small repairs and timely services have done

thats it.

:)

Ic he must be one of the lucky ones.. :rolleyes:

Alright mate personal experience regarding Ssang Yong,

Here's a list of the Pro's n Con's

1. Its a comfortable vehicle

2. Powerful because a VGT turbo powers it up real good.

3. Handling is real crap because of the improper vehile weight balance

4. If your looking at a 6 speed, well its powerful "BUT" it has a factory defective gear box. Puerly bad desin of shims on input shaft. Agents fix it FOC if its under warranty and only charge for the oil.

5. Check light indicates on it like a real bitch. Reasons,

6. Throttle and EGR systems are opperated by vaccum modulators. These pack off once in about 3-4 months. Mind you each one will cost you around 8,000 bucks. 4WD solonoids, if blocked still check light comes on.

7. These modulators last depending on the way you drive the vehicle. If you don't kick down or you drive like an old man, well it packs off. If you do the opposite wel it wil still pack off. So puerly bad desin there as well.

8. The 5 speed is good no promblems with the gearbox.

9. Front 4WD hubs. Vaccum opperated, gets stuck at times, each one will cost over 50K. If the vehicle is under warranty your lucky.

10. This has all the comfort functions, which is really good.

11. Air- conditioning system is fantastic.

12. Services should be done on time and its not costly even tho some customers bitch about and compare other brands.

13. Fan clutch, oh this mother burns off yearly. Vehicle will over race, fuel comsumption high and low pulling power will cost you about 25K.

14. Glow plugs, darn it, these things snap on the cylinder head when removal + replacement.

15. Injectors, famous for compression leaks through it seals.

16. Idler pulleys, chain tensioners, belt tensioners really sucks, if a lil water gets on to these things you are looking good repair/amount.

The Rexton is a fantastic jeep!!! I just love it!!! Now that i reccomend...

I think i better stop now, ;)... And i think i might get in a little bit of trouble. But if there's anything let me know cz i know those vehicles inside out.

cheers..

This sounds really scary mate, thanks a lot I guess I'd stay clear.. :blink:

^^^ WTF all those repairs on a vehicle that's three years old? At this point a maruti sounds better,

true, way better

Mate these things even happen to Kyron's which are even 3 MONTHS OLD!!! Problems even come up few days after the vehicle has been delivered.

There's more but i have mentioned the important stuff. I have worked on these vehicles and mastered them too.

Feel free to ask any questions and i will be glad to answer them...

Cheers... ;)

Thanks again mate, i'm sure you did a lot..

hey Tiv, my uncle who owns a kyron is at my place today

i asked him about the problems that m3cAnix pointed out

and he said, so far none happend to him

like you said, guess he's the lucky one :D

elBtT.jpg

There's a lot of people out there that hate to admit their vehicle is a lemon so I would take the opinions of a few more people before coming to a conclusion.

There's a lot of people out there that hate to admit their vehicle is a lemon so I would take the opinions of a few more people before coming to a conclusion.

true, you cant really relay on what a single person say..

and its just for some people its luck as well. :)

elBtT.jpg

Yeah, it looks good too, is that front badge an aftermarket thing or some special edition?

Never seen it before on other kyrons, looks really good! :)

Edited by tiv

Thats quite true, even with Land Rover owners lol,

like they say "It ain't leaking oil, its marking its territory," or "oh, thats a bit of oil from the lubricants at the service the other day" :lol:

true, you cant really relay on what a single person say..

and its just for some people its luck as well. :)

of course whatever said its family, so no comments on that,

hope it continues to serve him the same way..

As for my plan, I've decided to stay clear..

Edited by tiv

Yeah, it looks good too, is that front badge an aftermarket thing or some special edition?

Never seen it before on other kyrons, looks really good! :)

The Badge is Stock mate.

it has original 18" Alloys too!

i think this is the highest grade.

and if you notice the number plate

its a special ordered one. he had to wait one year to receive the number plate :)

FImGE.jpg

The Badge is Stock mate.

it has original 18" Alloys too!

i think this is the highest grade.

and if you notice the number plate

its a special ordered one. he had to wait one year to receive the number plate :)

FImGE.jpg

I guessed so, it looks good, btw the number plate is from a permit isn't it..

Bought a Rexton back in 2008. Got rid of it after a couple of months. Now I drive a BMW 335i for less than half the price of the Rexton! :angry-smiley-048:

Did the rexton have issues? or was it just the lust for the beamer :lol:

Edited by tiv

Hey tiv,haven't you searched for a hyundai or a kia ?

Actually I had no plan for a softroader like the Kyron, just the fact that I've been offered one for 4.2mil, sounded and look very appealing..

I'm hoping to get a hilux soon, the new one in the 4.8-5 range

Edited by tiv

Actually I had no plan for a softroader like the Kyron, just the fact that I've been offered one for 4.2mil, sounded and look very appealing..

Yeah,I guess the hilux will be a better option :alc:

Riv, I'm just pointing this out. Kyron and the Hilux is not the same class of vehicle as you've rightly pointed out. The Kyron is a soft off roader with coil spring suspension at the back etc (I believe) and should be rather comfortable. The Hilux on the other hand is engineered for goods (as well as people) transport and thus have heavy duty suspension at the back. Even on quite well layered roads the ride of each would be a different experience. But if that is your cup of tea go for it !

• Like 1