• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Conversion Questions

jdnet

Question

Hey guys,

After looking at the prices of engines and the taxes I have come to the conclusion that pulling out the petrol engine out of my tribute and sticking in a diesel. Basically I'm looking at a 3C turbo and leaving the same auto transmission, it will be modified to fit though. I was just wondering if there's anyone here who has converted into diesel and I would like your opinion on the convert in terms of overall performance and problems.

BTW I know this will put a dent into the resale values and all but I'm not worried at this point.

Actually Devaka there are a few diesel converts running around. I know of two. One I saw for myself at a car sale on stanley tilakaratne road last year and another was advertised for sale on the paper a few months ago. The one on the paper was with a 3c and the one at the car sale, I can't remember. All I know is it didn't sound that bad when idling.

Had a look at the thread about the 325-. I will be paying the tax anyway so I don't think there should be any legal issues. The only problem is that I've been getting conflicting reports on the how much they charge.

Go in a friends car or some other car u have to the sale,

and go for a test drive,

Ask the price of the vehicle,

it might be cheaper than converting u'rs

Hey guys,

After looking at the prices of engines and the taxes I have come to the conclusion that pulling out the petrol engine out of my tribute and sticking in a diesel. Basically I'm looking at a 3C turbo and leaving the same auto transmission, it will be modified to fit though. I was just wondering if there's anyone here who has converted into diesel and I would like your opinion on the convert in terms of overall performance and problems.

BTW I know this will put a dent into the resale values and all but I'm not worried at this point.

well the torque curves on petrol n diesel are different the auto box is designed for a petrol, you might have the same torque rating but the diesel putsout its power at lower rpm so you might not get the desired power output. always advisable to change the trans.

I am having year 2000 Pajero IO (Engine No. 4G93, Chassis. H76W, Model. GF-N71w). I am fedup with fuel consumption (petrol). Can anybody tell me whether this petrol engine could be replaced with a DIESEL engine? If yes, what s the engine number I should use for this? (tell me the exact one if possible)

thank you guys

I am having year 2000 Pajero IO (Engine No. 4G93, Chassis. H76W, Model. GF-N71w). I am fedup with fuel consumption (petrol). Can anybody tell me whether this petrol engine could be replaced with a DIESEL engine? If yes, what s the engine number I should use for this? (tell me the exact one if possible)

thank you guys

I'm just guessing here. but the 4D68 might go in easily. the 8th gen Galant offered both the 4D68 and the 4G94. so if you are lucky there might be some similarities. like mounting points and gearbox mounting positions. speak to an expert and compare the two engine before you do anything. arosha motors in pattiya junction kandy road had a few 4D68s with them.