• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rotherham Katukurunda 2011

Ripper

Peri... you coming???

2 out of my 3 batteries are dead :( will be going on one battery this time...no previewing and less burst!

good thing is i'm getting a 400d with a wide on it, with a battery too :)

fingers crossed for good weather and marshal chaps to be nice :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peri... you coming???

2 out of my 3 batteries are dead :( will be going on one battery this time...no previewing and less burst!

good thing is i'm getting a 400d with a wide on it, with a battery too :)

fingers crossed for good weather and marshal chaps to be nice :)

Didn't ask for a pass :)

Anyhoo, just as well. Have to cover parties Thurs, Fri and Sat. If I shoot all day Sunday too, I'll need another week to recover before going back to work! ;)

Didn't ask for a pass :)

Anyhoo, just as well. Have to cover parties Thurs, Fri and Sat. If I shoot all day Sunday too, I'll need another week to recover before going back to work! ;)

well i've bothered the usual source for a paddocks and car pass!

just worried about the bloody weather since i don't have a rain cover thing for my gear...

must diy something out and take :)

well i've bothered the usual source for a paddocks and car pass!

just worried about the bloody weather since i don't have a rain cover thing for my gear...

must diy something out and take :)

Try shooting from inside the car? :)

SLGT 2 was awesome :) lotsa action near the gooseneck...

congrats to DD for winning the event...

Darin's car wasn't running well but he still finished the second race at either 4th or 5th...

Some great driving but Janaka dias...too bad he lost out on the second race.

On the superbike open event,,,some great riding by maduranga to take the first place away from Ned and his ducatti

awesome day of racing...if not for the wet grassy patches.... it was a near perfect day on track :)

Congrats DD for winning Race 2 and for the good run race 1.

Hey Ripper when are you going to upload pictures?

MINIACE

still in the cam machang :(

need to download, sort, downsize, watermark.... losa work so it will take a day or two... :(

Darn that was a good Katu- especially the SL-GT final race. Great run by DD!

Good runs by Janaka and Pasidu as well- coming back to pass everyone after the 'little off -track expedition' during the early stages of the race :)

it would've been even tougher fight had Darin's car run properly.

right after the slgt-2 managed to speak to him and he was saying the car was switching to safe mode after a lap or two taking the boost with it....

DD drove superbly on both races and smartly managed to avoid the janaka-pasindu battle.

The highlights of the day for me was the battle between pasindu and janaka....both made superb passes on both entering and exiting bends.

Also maduranga taking down the ducatti :) the latter was leading comfortably, looking and sounding awesome until maduranga tactfully crept up and took ned daniel by surprise...

awesome stuff... :)

So what car was Darin driving in slgt? I thought he sold his subaru ?

he's driving a modded sti X. cosworth, motec tuned by David Rowe i believe...

maybe Darin himself can comment :)

Janaka Diases sti 9 seem to be f**king fast and so did Pasidu as well if not for the screwd up start either one these drivers would have won the 2nd race...DD drove well and if Darins STI X was in safe mode then yes boost is limited and your just a sitting duck..... Hats off Dilan Seneviratne who drove supperbly in his Honda DOHC and SOHC wining 3 races.... :alc:

it would've been even tougher fight had Darin's car run properly.

right after the slgt-2 managed to speak to him and he was saying the car was switching to safe mode after a lap or two taking the boost with it....

DD drove superbly on both races and smartly managed to avoid the janaka-pasindu battle.

The highlights of the day for me was the battle between pasindu and janaka....both made superb passes on both entering and exiting bends.

Also maduranga taking down the ducatti :) the latter was leading comfortably, looking and sounding awesome until maduranga tactfully crept up and took ned daniel by surprise...

awesome stuff... :)

Oh the Bikes Open event was awesome! Its really was something to see the exotic dicing it out. What happened to AP by the way?

I must say the Channel Eye coverage improved a lot with this event and they showed action in the mid pack as well and not just the Leaders like they normally do.

And the female Commentator had done a bit of homework- She rightfully corrected Haritha on several occasions :)

Oh the Bikes Open event was awesome! Its really was something to see the exotic dicing it out. What happened to AP by the way?

I must say the Channel Eye coverage improved a lot with this event and they showed action in the mid pack as well and not just the Leaders like they normally do.

And the female Commentator had done a bit of homework- She rightfully corrected Haritha on several occasions :)

+1

Live coverage was superb, who ever in the MCR has a sharp eye on all the feeds, cam angles were really good, well managed telecast, watched from home and didnt miss any action. Yeah the Fem Commentator was ok at somepoint, but, some corrected by Haritha.

Also Commercials were there in the mid of each race, but not that long running once. Fully OK one this time by Channel EYE. :angry-smiley-048: