• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Virs Or Manual V-Tec

TheClutch

guys ,

im planning to buy a Manual VIRS and seriously cudnt find any..donno whether they are available in SL or people who owns it dont lyk to sell..so went through some multimatic VIRS..but the cars are vibrating bit more at idle is it the nature of the car?? RPM around 1000 with ac on. and also is it good to go for manual v-tec over VIRS..b'coz I love manuals but cudnt find a one with English No plate.

please help

Some times the speedo meter pannel is not changed,check if the Automatic gear indicators are stil there,then obviously its a converted.And also check if the S1 and S2 switches are there on the steering.If so it coule be a converted.Dont know much about it,but the experts may help you.

Happy Shopping

guys ,

im planning to buy a Manual VIRS and seriously cudnt find any..donno whether they are available in SL or people who owns it dont lyk to sell..so went through some multimatic VIRS..but the cars are vibrating bit more at idle is it the nature of the car?? RPM around 1000 with ac on. and also is it good to go for manual v-tec over VIRS..b'coz I love manuals but cudnt find a one with English No plate.

please help

that because manual virus are very rare if one for sale the owners will ask very high prices any ways when i was on a hunt for a virs i too feel multimatic ones vibrating bit more maybe it's natural but in my manual virs i don't feel that if rpm around 1000 with ac on maybe it because car have not yet been reach its proper temp

how can i identify those converted VIRS?

there are some ways to find it's convert or original manual virs first the meter cluster is different in multimatic gear indicator are in the meter panal and the steering wheel doesn't have D S1 S2 buttons on it afaik virs original manual gear shifter is very hard to find if it's converted to manual gear shifter is a one way to find it but the easiest way to find is you have to check the cars license cars weight in it if it's a original manual virs weight is kg 1070 if it's a multimatic virs weight is kg 1100.

good luck dude if you have any more questions pm me. :)

i think if the automatic gear indicator is in the meter panal and s1,s2 switches on the steering is the other way. auto to manual

So what I said was how to find if it had been from Auto to Manual.

What else would you expect when you've stated you need a manual and you ask me how to find a converted.lol

So what I said was how to find if it had been from Auto to Manual.

What else would you expect when you've stated you need a manual and you ask me how to find a converted.lol

sorry bro, i was asking how identify a ViRS which is converted to auto from manual?

Could be a misunderstanding in my side. sorry again..still need ur advices

Cant you remember a guy asking some questions in converting his Virs to a Auto a couple of weeks back.Yeah there are some converting them to manuals too :alc:

yeah i think it was already converted to manual from auto and the guy who started the thread wants to convert it to auto again.. the car might be crying...

Cant you remember a guy asking some questions in converting his Virs to a Auto a couple of weeks back.Yeah there are some converting them to manuals too :alc:

hahaha ya can remember that thread, like there weren't enough auto VIRSes :D

hahaha ya can remember that thread, like there weren't enough auto VIRSes :D

I really hate these idiots.They just don't understand what these machines are capable of and what a loss it is to the car lovers :angry-smiley-024:

I really hate these idiots.They just don't understand what these machines are capable of and what a loss it is to the car lovers :angry-smiley-024:

in first it's a auto(multimatic) converted to manual he is going to change it back to auto so no harm done by it. :D

guys, whether to convert from manual to auto or auto to manual, the parts are very hard to come by these days. specially the CVT boxes. i think the premature wear and tear of this particular M4VA CVT box caused a lot of replacements during the last decade and you would be really luck even if you could find a car still running with the first gearbox. :D

Virs is a nice car. but i suggest you to stay away from mautimatic boxes simply becoz of the gearbox issue. and one more point to note, this gearbox wouldn't have been an issue at all if the owners treated them properly with proper oil and regular oil changes.

guys ,

please help

I suggest you to go for Manual-Vi instead of Auto-ViRS. Also note it's not only the ViRS came with Multimatic gear box, all VTEC(or Vi/Vti) EK3 came with the same gear box.

I suggest you to go for Manual-Vi instead of Auto-ViRS. Also note it's not only the ViRS came with Multimatic gear box, all VTEC(or Vi/Vti) EK3 came with the same gear box.

and some ek3 Mi varients came with CVT.

"evergreen" - couldn't agree more ...

exactly the correct thing about multimatics

"but i suggest you to stay away from mautimatic boxes simply becoz of the gearbox issue. and one more point to note, this gearbox wouldn't have been an issue at all if the owners treated them properly with proper oil and regular oil changes."

most of the available vehicles are destroyed basically due to lack of knowledge to maintain.

So sad when you go on looking for vehicles to see that they don't even care for the machines :(

just the look they are after..!

Stafford quoted 100k an year back :). Now it must be more I guess

MMT secondhand gearboxes are hard to come by nowadays even in japan junks. they are becoming increasingly scarce.so whoever who is willing to own a one please be mindful on this.

Stafford quoted 100k an year back :). Now it must be more I guess

now the replacement costs you 125k including labor. one of my frends at office replaced the gearbox in his car. he searched allover colombo and locate just a one gearbox in some place at dehiwala.

now the replacement costs you 125k including labor. one of my frends at office replaced the gearbox in his car. he searched allover colombo and locate just a one gearbox in some place at dehiwala.

in these cases we will see a few virs manual converts. :D

in these cases we will see a few virs manual converts. :D

few?? not a single conversion anymore..all the converted ones were done couple of years ago. no one would undertake a conversion project like this nowadays. this is not a simple plug and play conversion from auto to manual. you need the ECU, wireharness, shifter related parts and many more..may be the guys in KL malaysia could do a complete conversion since they still source half cut civics.

Edited by evergreen