• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Front Window Tint

Magnum

i know this topic has been discussed before i read through some previous thread, what confuses me is that some of you have said that front tint is completely banned and some of you had said that front shutters can be tinted( 20% or 30%) as long as its visible inside so which is correct??

and do the police ignore front shutters tinted on CARS, i have a friend whose front shutters tinted and he says he never had any problem

if you guys want i can get snap of my tinted front glass to see whether its fine or not :)

• 3 months later...

A lawyer friend told me an interesting thing. We all know that you're not allowed to have a tint on the front glasses right, but apparently that's a law enforced under emergency law. And emergency Law is no longer in place, hence neither is the tint limitation. He'd running around a tint, though he hasnt been stopped yet. So I'm waiting to see how that goes.

A lawyer friend told me an interesting thing. We all know that you're not allowed to have a tint on the front glasses right, but apparently that's a law enforced under emergency law. And emergency Law is no longer in place, hence neither is the tint limitation. He'd running around a tint, though he hasnt been stopped yet. So I'm waiting to see how that goes.

I was stopped near the durdans kollpitiya, one or two days after the emergency law was lifted. My front windows were about 75% tinted and I was aware that some times you really cant see inside. I tried to save my butt arguing that because of the emergency law was lifted tinted glasses are not a problem any more, but the cop said its still in effect and that I should completely remove the tint if I wanted to get my license back. :(

Edited by Reckless