• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Funny Autolanka Ads

ShintaroX

Often find ads on AutoLanka that make you chuckle or inspire a quick joke and you've got noone to share it with? Well you'll find a woman eventually, don't worry, but until that date way off in the future when car geeks are considered cool again, post 'em here!

Here's the starter (weak I know, but hey, its a starter!):

The oddest expression in Sri Lanka car lingo, The 'dickylight'! Yes when you buy THIS corolla, you get a dicky-light with it. Why? well have you ever turned the lights off, then lost your way to the 'woman' (or nearest inflatable alternative) on the bed, well just turn on your dicky light and it'll guide you home!

Edited by ShintaroX

Errr as funny as you can be..... we do not refer to the AL ads on this forum. It's an unwritten rule as those who advertise on AL does not want to be ridiculed for minor stuff.

• Like 2

What about expressions used without linking the ad? 'Cos, i mean, come on... dicky light deserves a snigger, eh?

Not linking the ad and referring to generic car selling terms which are funny, may be ok, peri might clear the boundaries in this.

What about expressions used without linking the ad? 'Cos, i mean, come on... dicky light deserves a snigger, eh?

Yeah generally bad form to link to the specific ad... But by all means copy the text and paste without identifying the ad... IMO its harmless fun.

Actually, Madz is the guy to clarify this, and he has already said not to make fun of specific ads. But as far as generic terms so, there was a fairly long thread on the selling lingo already running. So I guess in this manner is ok, but it might be better on that thread itself.

Often find ads on AutoLanka that make you chuckle or inspire a quick joke and you've got noone to share it with? Well you'll find a woman eventually, don't worry, but until that date way off in the future when car geeks are considered cool again, post 'em here!

Errr as funny as you can be..... we do not refer to the AL ads on this forum. It's an unwritten rule as those who advertise on AL does not want to be ridiculed for minor stuff.

Yeah generally bad form to link to the specific ad... But by all means copy the text and paste without identifying the ad... IMO its harmless fun.

What everyone's trying to say is we don't piss on the plate we eat on.

The adverts pay to keep the site (and forum) running (and pop-up, advert free) and free of subscription-charges for us...I bet 9 out of 10 registered forum members wouldnt be here if it wasnt free.

• Like 1

IMHO, there are far more hilarious things to discuss.

Perhaps Peri should lock this thread. Not as if we have a shortage of retards to poke fun at.

As Watchman rightfully said, lets not crap on the food plate.