• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing Alloys From The Uk

rangerover

Guys,

Do any of you know of persons / company's offering services for importing large car parts such as alloy wheels from the UK? I have a set of alloy wheels i have seen on ebay for a good price. I need someone to ship it from the UK to SL. more like a door to door delivery via sea freight. I cannot directly do this as I am not a registered importer nor is the seller willing to freight it on my behalf.

Cheers

Glen Shipping or Trico might ship it for you. You will have to contact them first and arrange to get the stuff delivered to their ware house. Shipping chargers could be paid in SL on delivery.

There will be customs duty when it is cleared, they are bit tough on vehicle parts.

use shop n ship,I got my performance parts & recently got a set of headlight for my car using that service.

Matchan shop n ship is the same company as Aramex in SL ? Do they ship to ur doorstep or you have to clear it after the shipment ? How much you had to spent for the shipment of your headlights?

I guess a set of alloy wheels will weigh around 100 kg. Shon n ship costs in excess of $1,500 because they only do air freight. Will try trico. My only concern is will it be considered as personal effects. Because the last i heard, trico only deals with personal effects.

Matchan shop n ship is the same company as Aramex in SL ? Do they ship to ur doorstep or you have to clear it after the shipment ? How much you had to spent for the shipment of your headlights?

for all the clearing work & I was in a rush to collect those so I got those from their office. I paid about 6500. the lights weighs 5kilos.

I got a package of 60kg plus items(windscreen,carbs,brake/clutch master pump,chrome bits etc) shipped from Moss Co,Surrey to here via relative.Trico was very reliable through and through though their customs guy quoted 50k tax but I was able to talk it down to 12.If its only one set of alloys it should be marked as personal items.

OR you can head to London and loot yourself some alloys nowadays...all in the name of racial equality ofcourse.

I got a package of 60kg plus items(windscreen,carbs,brake/clutch master pump,chrome bits etc) shipped from Moss Co,Surrey to here via relative.Trico was very reliable through and through though their customs guy quoted 50k tax but I was able to talk it down to 12.If its only one set of alloys it should be marked as personal items.

OR you can head to London and loot yourself some alloys nowadays...all in the name of racial equality ofcourse.

Masterdon, Can you please share how Trico works? Did you get the goods delivered to their warehouse in UK ?

Masterdon, Can you please share how Trico works? Did you get the goods delivered to their warehouse in UK ?

Yup,had a relative of mine deliver the stuff to their UK branch.The only gripe I have with them is that they charged me an extra 25k as packaging costs which included a wooden box for the windscreen and a smaller one for the others.I don't know if that is reasonable or not but I've had a similar package delivered from Paris a lil' while back and the packing charges for that was way less.

Yup,had a relative of mine deliver the stuff to their UK branch.The only gripe I have with them is that they charged me an extra 25k as packaging costs which included a wooden box for the windscreen and a smaller one for the others.I don't know if that is reasonable or not but I've had a similar package delivered from Paris a lil' while back and the packing charges for that was way less.

Thanks mate!

how much did it cost to ship the stuff? and how much volume was it (I guess you paid for volume, not weight)?

Chaps there are a few shipping companies in London who ship to Sri Lanka and Trico by far is the most expensive. There is another company called Glen Carriers (I think VWVortex probably knows about these chaps) and they offer the same service for less. Basically you get the item delivered to their warehouse, contact them and they will ship it to SL for you. As long as its properly packed there is no reason for these guys to charge extra packaging charges. Also with shipping you should do your best to reduce the number of boxes as these guys tend to charge clearing on an item/box basis.

I am told there is another place in North London who are even cheaper, and most of my friends swear by these guys but I have not used them personally.