• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Renault Spare Parts

CJPro

Question

22 answers to this question

What are the spare parts you're looking at ? Some spare parts are commonly used in PSA platform, so Citroen or Peugeot parts and Valeo parts might fit.

Renault is not part of the PSA consortium Harshana. While Valeo probably makes parts for them as well I doubt they will be compatible.

I need Air filter and windscreen washer pump. Please anybody know good mechanic for Renault.

'CJPro',

If you are unable to get any one of above you can modify the fittings and fix some other new or used units for same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Renault is not part of the PSA consortium Harshana. While Valeo probably makes parts for them as well I doubt they will be compatible.

when i was looking through catalogs / databases for citroen parts, there were some (can't recall which) that also had an equivalent part number on renault

OP - you will probably find it easier to find parts if you can figure out the part numbers; there are a few shops in panchi that will bring down stuff from Singapore and it's so much easier to work with them when you can give the part numbers (can even call, give the numbers, and they get back to you with the prices; no need to remove the part and walk the streets)

you might try this. or maybe renault has a free website that you can use (like Pug / citroen does) which is going to be easier than downloading multiple DVDs and bypassing protection etc.

for the air filter try purflux online catalog; you may find that your filter is used on another (more common locally) car... ok it's not "genuine" renault but companies like valeo, purflux are a different proposition to knock offs from taiwan (and sometimes the "genuine" part is made by those companies in the first place)

and for things like changing air filters and washer pumps, get yourself a haynes manual from ebay or someplace

even if you still take it to a mechanic, at least you will have an idea of what is involved in the job

thanks guys for your comments. Most of the smaller parts are can buy from the ebay. But body parts are cannot bought from it. coz they doesn't ship items to Sri lanka. And also I need a good mechanic for Renault with scanner. Pls help me.

Edited by CJPro

I used to own a Renault in the ninetees. Most parts were then available from Colombo Motors or Supreme Auto House (2344080, 2430219)in Panchikawatte. I am not sure whether these establishments are still functioning.

do not buy English or french cars,, this is Sri Lanka,, when u need to make another move ,, u gonna be trouble. therefor jst stay with Japanese vehicles. ihv had my own experience, good luck!!!

The way u put it, it seems that the "experience" u had was not a "typical" experience a person has with a car. ;) Well i've heard worse though!

Edited by rangerover

do not buy English or french cars,, this is Sri Lanka,, when u need to make another move ,, u gonna be trouble. therefor jst stay with Japanese vehicles. ihv had my own experience, good luck!!!

oh really? didn't know that, thank you for enlighting me. Hold on a second, my previous car was french and I moved to another, selling that car within the course of one day ? now how that goes with your theory? genius ?

Renault MaganeII

Year 2004

sometimes service bulb and the air bag bulb turn on and after few second it disappeared. I think some loose connection in the wirering.

Yes it could be, but mostly this is either an issue with the airbag, the airbag ecu or one of the sensors, particularly the ones in your seat belt connects. Does the light go off when you start the car after a few seconds ?

The best source for a power window motor is actually ebay UK. The prices are relatively low as the car is quite common.

Also you don't need a Renault scanner per say, somebody with a scanner for European vehicles should be able to help you. Harshan would you mind sharing your mechanics details ?

Yes it could be, but mostly this is either an issue with the airbag, the airbag ecu or one of the sensors, particularly the ones in your seat belt connects. Does the light go off when you start the car after a few seconds ?

The best source for a power window motor is actually ebay UK. The prices are relatively low as the car is quite common.

Also you don't need a Renault scanner per say, somebody with a scanner for European vehicles should be able to help you. Harshan would you mind sharing your mechanics details ?

Yeah Don no issue, My mechanic has Peugeot planet and lexia 3 which can only scan peugeot and Citroën afaik. His contact details are as follows if that helps

Aruna Amarasinghe - Throve automobile engineering

773 841 315

I dont know how to thank you for sharing this "valuable" piece of advicelaugh.gif

Dude, care to share your the bad "own experience" please?rolleyes.gif

MINIACE