• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Led For 4Dr5 Jeep

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi,

I am thinking to change the standard bulbs to LED ones for the signal and parking lights in the 4DR5 J44 Jeep that has 24V power supply. So.., If anyone has done it before or has some experience on this please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

13 answers to this question

Hi,

I am thinking to change the standard bulbs to LED ones for the signal and parking lights in the 4DR5 J44 Jeep that has 24V power supply. So.., If anyone has done it before or has some experience on this please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

Was doing some searching for LED and HID recently on ebay and it was very obvious the 24V LEDs available. However, you will have to replace your thermo-electrical signal flasher to an electronic one or else the flasher won't work properly. Parking bulbs of course won't be an issue.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Was doing some searching for LED and HID recently on ebay and it was very obvious the 24V LEDs available. However, you will have to replace your thermo-electrical signal flasher to an electronic one or else the flasher won't work properly. Parking bulbs of course won't be an issue.

Thanks a lot for the info to replace the thermo-electrical signal flasher. So It can buy from the local market I think..?

I also search on Ebay for 24V LEDs.

Edited by Nishan.dj

I use LEDs for all lights other than head lamps. The signal light kit I got came with load resistors for each bulb, to control the blink rate.

how about using an electronic flasher? was always wondering, using load resistor means destroying the energy efficiency which can be achieved using LEDs?

how about using an electronic flasher? was always wondering, using load resistor means destroying the energy efficiency which can be achieved using LEDs?

Well load resistors are only used for the blinkers. Your parking lights will still be a lot more energy efficient when compared to filament bulbs.

Hope your vehicle is 24V one. From where did you buy those?

It's 12V. I thought 24V vehicles only used 24V for the starter and main engine electrics, while accessories and lighting are supplied 12V.

Edit: Bought the stuff from ebay 2 years ago when I decided to get HID lighting. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find 24V LED lights as well.

Edited by terrabytetango

Well load resistors are only used for the blinkers. Your parking lights will still be a lot more energy efficient when compared to filament bulbs.

that's understood, what I meant was if used an electronic flasher unit, it'll be even more energy efficient

edit: even the flasher unit uses a coil, which will waste engery in terms of heat

Edited by harshansenadhir

Members,

There are Led bulbs in Colombo 1st cross street Voltage is 3 volts DC 3.00 Rupees. I use 4 of them in series in my parking lights I bought some 5 watt LED bulbs at 75.00 rupees each but they generate little bit more heat so had to have special arrangement to fix them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

There are Led bulbs in Colombo 1st cross street Voltage is 3 volts DC 3.00 Rupees. I use 4 of them in series in my parking lights I bought some 5 watt LED bulbs at 75.00 rupees each but they generate little bit more heat so had to have special arrangement to fix them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

if my i ask what are those special special arrangement you are talking about?.