• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belts Mandatory In Sri Lanka From October 1

ModX

Apparently Lorries need to have seat belts after the 1st of October as well.. Apparently due to the number of accidents :violent-smiley-099: . When did wearing seat belts prevent accidents? :alc:

When both you and passenger wearing seat belt - you can get a blow job.

When u cant get a blow job - you dont press the gas i/o brakes by accident.

When you dont get exited (i.e. above) - no accident.

That's the logic :angry-smiley-048:

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved this info; not sure how accurate these are.

The penalties for failing to comply with the regulations are:

• 1st conviction - fine not less than Rs 1,000/- and not more than Rs 2,000/-

• 2nd conviction - fine not less than Rs 2,000/- and not more than Rs 3,000/-

• 3rd conviction - fine not less than Rs 3,500/- and cancellation of the driving license.

With this whole seat-belt 'rule' coming in, I think they forgot about allowing children/babies in the front seat. They should impose very serious fines for people who take children in the front passenger seat. Unless the authorities & mostly the parents think that they are dispensable, & the parents can always make another?

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the amount of motorcyclists who take their kids and babies around without helmets? The entire family is on two wheels and everyone except the little ones have safety gear on. It's pathetic.

Perhaps they cudnt find fitting helmets? While I can sympathise with people who have no other option but to put the whole family on the bike, I have more than once given a piece of my mind to guys who put their whole family on the bike and then swerve around like idiots, with their kids legs slamming into everything that's passing. Cos in the end, nobody's going to blame the guy even if he's at fault when something happens.