• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ideal Tubeless Tyre Pressure

GKWKK

What's the ideal pressure for a Tubeless tyres. I filled 35+ for my car tyres seems to be bit high.

Thank you

35 is too much for a car.

something like 28-30 is fine..

But usually I let "Tyre kade" guy to do the job without telling figures. So they know exactly how much to pump in.

But usually I let "Tyre kade" guy to do the job without telling figures. So they know exactly how much to pump in.

and what if the tire kade guy doesn't know the right figures?

• Like 1

Just pump the amount which manufacturer has recommended dude.. like JD said its mention on a sticker pasted in drivers side door area...that way u dont have to depend on Tyre kade guy ;)

Edited by Simplelife

and what if the tire kade guy doesn't know the right figures?

Always go to a good tire shop, trust me they know exactly how much to fill in..

The thing I discovered is that these gauges are not working properly. Usually pumps on petrol stations show's a higher pressure than on Tyre shops. Even on shops it varies from one place to another. :angry-smiley-024:

It is good to use manufacturer specified pressure, under normal conditions. The roads in Sri Lanka, except for highways, are not 'normal' by any means. You will have a bumpy ride indeed filling air to 32-35psi, common manufacturer specs. I'd advise something a tad lower for the sake of your suspension and comfort. I personally use 28, 26 was a bit too splashy and 30 was too hard and bumpy.

@Jami: Nitrogen is different to air you mean? You have a firm grasp of the obvious, well done.

It is good to use manufacturer specified pressure, under normal conditions. The roads in Sri Lanka, except for highways, are not 'normal' by any means. You will have a bumpy ride indeed filling air to 32-35psi, common manufacturer specs. I'd advise something a tad lower for the sake of your suspension and comfort. I personally use 28, 26 was a bit too splashy and 30 was too hard and bumpy.

@Jami: Nitrogen is different to air you mean? You have a firm grasp of the obvious, well done.

YES it is different my friend

Nitrogen (N2) = 78.08%

Oxygen (O2) = 20.95%

Argon (Ar) = 0.93%

Neon, Helium, Krypton = 0.0001%

this the percentage of air, have you passed grade 5??

less pressure for N2, compare to Air (conatins of h2o and co2, with o2 leads high pressure and not remains as stable)

Common sense Machan.......

Sorry I gues I don't have as much common sense as you. What you just typed looks greek to me. Anyway I'm not as smart as you so only you can understand what you are talking about.

Sorry I gues I don't have as much common sense as you. What you just typed looks greek to me. Anyway I'm not as smart as you so only you can understand what you are talking about.

how you understand machan since you never able to passed grade 4??? when you in grade 3 is that typing looks like greek???

less pressure for N2, compare to Air (conatins of h2o and co2, with o2 leads high pressure and not remains as stable)

Common sense Machan.......

Jami,

By the way u r commenting seems u knows a lot about this topic…

I normally use the pressure of 28 with air, can u pls tell me how much of pressure level should I keep if I used nitrogen for my tires?

YES it is different my friend

Nitrogen (N2) = 78.08%

Oxygen (O2) = 20.95%

Argon (Ar) = 0.93%

Neon, Helium, Krypton = 0.0001%

this the percentage of air, have you passed grade 5??

Oh dear God, thank you for bringing Jami into my life to explain that air and nitrogen are different. Just because JDnet and I are only blessed with charm and devasting (yes JDNet, I've heard the rumours) good looks, please don't make fun of us because we haven't your education, Jami, just like we won't make fun of the fact that you are a retarded troll, in fact we won't even bring to mind the waste of internet space you are and that for all the nonsense you type, your keyboard should sue you for defamation of character for it's association with you.

• Like 2

Jami,

I normally use the pressure of 28 with air, can u pls tell me how much of pressure level should I keep if I used nitrogen for my tires?

use same as 28 it doesn't matter, but if you use air use 30 (it will leaks h2o/co2 when the tire temperature goes up and pressure will go down by almost 5psi) better use n2 for stable pressure and it will prevent the corrosion and even increase stability of breaking

Edited by jami

Oh dear God, thank you for bringing Jami into my life to explain that air and nitrogen are different. Just because JDnet and I are only blessed with charm and devasting (yes JDNet, I've heard the rumours) good looks, please don't make fun of us because we haven't your education, Jami, just like we won't make fun of the fact that you are a retarded troll, in fact we won't even bring to mind the waste of internet space you are and that for all the nonsense you type, your keyboard should sue you for defamation of character for it's association with you.

you ask abt the air and n2? now saying useless things? dunno why?

Jami,

Bud, sorry to disappoint you but he knows nothing about anything. If you are filling nitrogen, inflate your tires to the same pressure you would air. The only difference between filling nitrogen and air is that nitrogen will maintain it's pressure for longer than air does.

Bud, sorry to disappoint you but he knows nothing about anything. If you are filling nitrogen, inflate your tires to the same pressure you would air. The only difference between filling nitrogen and air is that nitrogen will maintain it's pressure for longer than air does.

please refer #20..... :rolleyes: dont think you know every thing