• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Water Mixes With Gear Box

Prabathsomaweera

Question

4 answers to this question

how do you know that there is water in the gear box? If its manual- just change the fluid and observe as its unlikely water will get into it unless it was taken apart before and was installed in an incorrect way.

If its an automatic- you're in for some trouble as it means that the coolant lines from the radiator than cool the ATF fluid have sprung a leak. You'll need a really good mechanic to advice you on how to sort it out

Hi guys,

I have a problem in my Honda EG8 gear box. Water mixes with gear oil. Does any one have a solution for this

'Prabathsomaweera',

You say water is mixed how did you detect same what is the drained out oil color do you have any problem in engaging gears.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi guys,

I have a problem in my Honda EG8 gear box. Water mixes with gear oil. Does any one have a solution for this

Hi,

In for automatic transmission cars, there is a cooling pipe bottom of the radiator to cool the transmission gear oil.

If there's any damage to that pipe, it causes coolant to mix with transmission oil. This makes transmission oil a pink color milky look & also coolant will get milky look.

Solution:

1. Remove coolant & fix the pipe bottom of the radiator.

2. Remove all transmission oil.

3. Flush cooling system as well as Transmission (Cooling system u can use water. But for transmission, u have to use oil which will be costly but can't help :( (Use cheaper oil brands))

4. After coolant & trans oil get clean, then only fill both for final.

That is fill radiator with coolant & transmission with ur loving good quality oil.

Good Luck