• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Ck2

Ashguy

hi..

i own a ck2 and enough experience with ek3.. both are 1998

ck2 - full option (carb)

ek3 - exi full option

this is my comparison

Handling - CK2

Acceleration - EK3 (i guess ek3 beats all cars Acceleration wise its class)

Space - CK2(gud legspace)

Nice Looking - CK2 (for me :rolleyes: )

Interior quality - CK2

Comfortably - CK2

Price - afaik ek3 has more second hand value

Driving pleasure - EK3 nice Acceleration, but little unstable when in high speeds

CK2 very stable @ high speeds,good handling, reasonable acceleration.lot more better than toyotas of its classs

Fuel Consumption - both 9 - 12kmpl (depend on the driving style)

if you can find a full option gud ck2 with efi it wiil be lot more better than a ek3 exi..., but everybody like to honda...i think mainly bcos its quick Acceleration

my opinion is try to test drive both vehicles, i'm personally do not like to ek3's Interior quality but driving pleasure wise i'll defa select the ek3..

anyway gud luck for ur car hunt..

hi..

ck2 - full option (carb)

ek3 - exi full option

this is my comparison

Handling - CK2

Interior quality - CK2

Comfortably - CK2

Driving pleasure - EK3 nice Acceleration, but little unstable when in high speeds

CK2 very stable @ high speeds,good handling, reasonable acceleration.lot more better than toyotas of its classs

if you can find a full option gud ck2 with efi it wiil be lot more better than a ek3 exi..., but everybody like to honda...i think mainly bcos its quick Acceleration

my opinion is try to test drive both vehicles, i'm personally do not like to ek3's Interior quality but driving pleasure wise i'll defa select the ek3..

most of your post is correct but there are few wrongs to it like these things

firstly i'm talking about lancer ck2 and civic ek3 vi

handling-i have driven both cars i say ek3 for example try to take some hard corners with both ek3 and lancer ck2 you will feel civic can take corners faster than lancer ck2 and handle better

interior quality-when talking about jdm civic and jdm lancer best Interior wise civic is better.

comfortably- lancer is the comfort one but that been said civic isn't that bad comfort wise it's close

fuel Consumption- you have given the correct fuel figures of lancer but in civic vi in outstations you can achieve 14kmpl

about those high speeds i have reach 140kph in civic vi but i never felt what you have said it's far more stable in speed than most cars at it's range and in lancer i have reach 120kph and after 110kph i have feel that lancer ck2 is bit unstable

but in my opinion both of these cars are good cars but when comparing with each other civic ek3 is better and if civic vi and lancer ck2 have a drag in a straight line or in corners all ways civic vi can let lancer ck2 bite the dust.

@op if you consider power acceleration and handling you can all so consider carina GT.

hi..

ck2 - full option (carb)

ek3 - exi full option

this is my comparison

Handling - CK2

Interior quality - CK2

Comfortably - CK2

lol man beat all cars,u should drive nissans..lmfao :violent-smiley-030:

handling-i have driven both cars i say ek3 for example try to take some hard corners with both ek3 and lancer ck2 you will feel civic can take corners faster than lancer ck2 and handle better

interior quality-when talking about jdm civic and jdm lancer best Interior wise civic is better.

comfortably- lancer is the comfort one but that been said civic isn't that bad comfort wise it's close

fuel Consumption- you have given the correct fuel figures of lancer but in civic vi in outstations you can achieve 14kmpl

about those high speeds i have reach 140kph in civic vi but i never felt what you have said it's far more stable in speed than most cars at it's range and in lancer i have reach 120kph and after 110kph i have feel that lancer ck2 is bit unstable

but in my opinion both of these cars are good cars but when comparing with each other civic ek3 is better and if civic vi and lancer ck2 have a drag in a straight line or in corners all ways civic vi can let lancer ck2 bite the dust.

@op if you consider power acceleration and handling you can all so consider carina GT.

hi..

OP ask the comparison of ck2 and normal ek3, you r correct it might lot better a EK3 Vi than a CK2, i hv reach 150+kmpl in ck2 and it was very stable to me and i felt litle unstable when i reached 120+ in ek3., anyway everything is defend on the condition of the car as well as Tires,road,etc..,

anyway thanks for corrections..

ck2

lol man beat all cars,u should drive nissans..lmfao :violent-smiley-030:

in your own foolish definition you say lancer ck2 can beat all cars and you say he should drive nissans next time get your facts right retard. :action-smiley-060:

yeah i bought it from ur mom <_<

this comment clearly shows your retard level and intelligence level dumbass what are you 12 or something. :angry-smiley-048:

hi..

OP ask the comparison of ck2 and normal ek3, you r correct it might lot better a EK3 Vi than a CK2, i hv reach 150+kmpl in ck2 and it was very stable to me and i felt litle unstable when i reached 120+ in ek3., anyway everything is defend on the condition of the car as well as Tires,road,etc..,

ck2

i'm not saying lancer ck2 is unstable at higher speeds it's more stable than most nissans and toyotas at it's range but the civic vi is more stable at higher speeds than lancer btw i have drive both those cars in a same road anyway as you said it all depends on condition of the cars and the road. :)

i'm not saying lancer ck2 is unstable at higher speeds it's more stable than most nissans and toyotas at it's range but the civic vi is more stable at higher speeds than lancer btw i have drive both those cars in a same road anyway as you said it all depends on condition of the cars and the road. :)

:action-smiley-033:

another thing if the budget is fixed you can go for a lot newer CK2 than EK3,

i have 1998 full option carb model... i bought it for 11.75 laks and its in original good condition... now it has offers for 13laks... by the way i haven't driven ek3... but when comparing eg8 and ck2 i'm goin for ck2...

Thanks......that was useful....!

Eg8 was also on my list but then decided to go for either an ek3 or a ck2...!

thanks man <_<

lancer is quick,a higher spec of course,build quality far better than the civic,terms of fuel,far better again,

spares are more than freely available unlike the civic,certain parts are a bit hard to find,i know this should not matter,but the lancer will definitely hold a better 2nd hand market regards to our country,also the interior does not look like cheap plastic,i have been in both cars,thats why i reckon you have to test drive both,then you will get what im saying,thats what i did,unfortunately i sold it couple of months back.

Thank you.....!

Pls let me know if you find a good car... thanks...!

as it seems you are leaving in a dream world any ways how quick and higher spec was lancer ck2 you are the only one who say lancer ck2 build quality is far better than civic really i know lots of people who own lancers and civics as there daily using cars none of them ever said that what they said is civic build quality is better than lancer(this by not by much) what are those hard to find parts in civics? everyone know finding parts for lancer is much harder and expensive than civic. are you serious about second hand value are you living in some other country? in sri lanka any given days civic will have better second hand value than lancer this is a fact.about the interior really civic has better interior than lancer you must have confused civic with some thing else like a maruti or a alto. :rolleyes:

Desent auguements are always welcome and thanks...!

i agreed with you

well my dad has owned a CK1 sometime back for his business purposes and tbh, its basically the same as CK2 but less options and specs

i never found the build quality to be better in any way. it was just normal Japanese build quality. parts wasn't a big issue those days

but i too heard recently its a bit hard to find spares for 90's lancers now.

THanks - maybe i ll also have to check on that..>!

hi..

ck2 - full option (carb)

ek3 - exi full option

this is my comparison

Handling - CK2

Interior quality - CK2

Comfortably - CK2

Thanks dude - that probably is the best reply i ever got so far.........that was really cool....!

Thanks alot - i also like the ek3 for its acceleration - i ve driven vtec cars but not the exi, vtec surely is no comparison for a ck2 i know, but how about the exi - pls let me know - which is better?( the ck2 or the ek3 exi version)?

I personally like the ck2 for its shape....!

Let me know more info if possible.....also pls help me if possible to find a good car..."

Thanks...alot..!

Thanks dude - u guys are awesome......appreciate all info of both....!

Actually - i understand that a vi is no comparison to a ck2

but how about an exi?

Which is better ^ pls gimme some comparison stats for a ck2 with a ek3 exi if possible....thanks alot.....

hi..

ck2

agree....fully...!

Am sorry i cant understand what u r saying???

pls explain...!

Sure, sorry if I was unclear. Although they are about the same age, I was just wondering whether as EK3, (I see them more often than CK2s) is so popular, it will hold it's value better, meaning when you try to sell your car, you may be able to get a higher percentage of your investment back with that, compared to the CK2.

Not that you should think about selling before buying, but I think it is wise to consider potential losses.

Stumbled upon those. I'm sure there should be more threads. I rather like the look of the CK2 too, especially the Mirage. Add some nice alloys and maybe a lip kit, and you've got yourself a looker. :)

Acceleration wise, if you can get the 170bhp MR, like this one; http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=50749, you'll probably blow any EK3 outta the water, unless it's a Type R. :P

Thanks dude - that probably is the best reply i ever got so far.........that was really cool....!

Thanks alot - i also like the ek3 for its acceleration - i ve driven vtec cars but not the exi, vtec surely is no comparison for a ck2 i know, but how about the exi - pls let me know - which is better?( the ck2 or the ek3 exi version)?

I personally like the ck2 for its shape....!

Let me know more info if possible.....also pls help me if possible to find a good car..."

Thanks...alot..!

if u comparing the ck2 or the ek3 exi version my choice is Lancer CK2, if you r going for a CK2..., Find a Full option car with original fog lights,spoiler, dual airbags and original bodykit(and dont forget the sunroof too..).

anyway what is your budget?

if u comparing the ck2 or the ek3 exi version my choice is Lancer CK2, if you r going for a CK2..., Find a Full option car with original fog lights,spoiler, dual airbags and original bodykit(and dont forget the sunroof too..).

anyway what is your budget?

erm isnt the one with the original body kit the Evolution series mate??

Sure, sorry if I was unclear. Although they are about the same age, I was just wondering whether as EK3, (I see them more often than CK2s) is so popular, it will hold it's value better, meaning when you try to sell your car, you may be able to get a higher percentage of your investment back with that, compared to the CK2.

Not that you should think about selling before buying, but I think it is wise to consider potential losses.

Yeah - i also heard the same thing from some others - something to consider thanks...!