• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki A-Star V Viva Elite

harindi

These are economy cars so the price matters Viva 1.6M for the auto, 1.85M for auto with air bags/ ABS is it worth the premium of over 350-600k.

Wait... what? What are you comparing those costs with? The A-Star with the same feature set?

So VIVA elite is not exported worldwide?

Also, you do know that export models...especially to european countries are in a different league than the ones get sent here.

I beg to differ on that one. Did you know that the Proton cars imported B/N to Sri Lanka by the agent are the same versions as those exported to Europe, while Malaysia and Singapore gets lower spec cars. For example, Proton Impian is the European version of Proton Waja and the Sri Lankan agent officially imported Impian while Wajas came as recons from Singapore. Currently they import Proton Gen 2 Persona, which is known as Proton Persona in the Malaysian and Singaporean markets. This was the reason why the build quality of B/N imported Protons and recon Protons were different by leagues. Unfortunately, the Singaporean cars that flooded the market, completely ruined Proton's reputation here.

One giveaway is the Brand New imported Protons usually have MPH meters and Euro standard safety measures while recons (Malaysia domestic) come with KMPL metres and hardly any safety measures.

I don't know if this is the same story with Vivas. If that is the case, then Vivas would be far superior than any Indian car. Perhaps the one with ABS and Airbags could be the European version (just speculating), since those are mandatory for cars exported to Europe. This could justify the rather exorbitant price tag.

@Schiffer

I am sure that you have not driven an A-Star to make such comments. I think A-Star is way ahead of the elite. Astar is not a car which was built just for Indian and sri lankan customers,it is exported worldwide and there are very good comments in other international forums about this car,

yes ofcourse i havent driven an A-Star, the bloody buggers at A*W didn't let me test drive one.. or even start the engine

but just keep in mind, the A-Star that's imported here, ain't at its best trim level. also the car is nearly 2.0 Mil.

IMO its not worth that much, if it was around 1.5 Mil its reasonable.

the Geely Panda (which for me is better looking than the A-star) has the same practicality as the A star, and is a bit ahead of technology as well

even that is 1.4 Mil.

i see the A-Star as an Overpriced car.

• 3 weeks later...