• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lower Arm Bushes Of Mazda 3

Radiator

Hi guys can any body advice me whether front lower arm bushes of mazda 3 can be replaced, coz agents told me that my car's are broken and they advice to replace total lower arms which will be cost more than 60k (genuine) :violent-smiley-099: for both.

what agents say about lower arm bushes is this, replace the whole thing, which is manufacturer recommended repair. However, you can buy bushes in the both ends of the lower arm and any competent lathe should be able to fix them to the lower arm.

:) What a coincidence as I replaced both front lower-arms of my Axela last Sunday!

Why did I hv to replace the arms? Well the previous user (or his mechanic) has done a shoddy job on the brackets and screwed it up. So the new bushes will not hv a perfect fit.

Luckily I found a pair of same model year lower arms in good condition through my mechanic and bushes were replaced in the same. Best of all they came very cheap at 4k.

And genuine Mazda bushes ARE available - either through As*r* motors or M*zn* motors should you be willing to spare some dough - like I did. They should last better than Thail/Indo/Malaysian parts, though YMMV.

So, if your L/arms are screwed beyond repairs and you do hv to replace them, find them 2nd hand through M*zn* or at Delkanda.

If your L/arms are good - just get the bushes replaced by a competent mechanic/lathe shop.

They make a hell of a difference. :alc:

Edited by vishkid
  • Like 1

:) What a coincidence as I replaced both front lower-arms of my Axela last Sunday!

Why did I hv to replace the arms? Well the previous user (or his mechanic) has done a shoddy job on the brackets and screwed it up. So the new bushes will not hv a perfect fit.

Luckily I found a pair of same model year lower arms in good condition through my mechanic and bushes were replaced in the same. Best of all they came very cheap at 4k.

And genuine Mazda bushes ARE available - either through As*r* motors or M*zn* motors should you be willing to spare some dough - like I did. They should last better than Thail/Indo/Malaysian parts, though YMMV.

So, if your L/arms are screwed beyond repairs and you do hv to replace them, find them 2nd hand through M*zn* or at Delkanda.

If your L/arms are good - just get the bushes replaced by a competent mechanic/lathe shop.

They make a hell of a difference. :alc:

1+

Asiri and Rainbow usually have genuine Mazda parts for a premium. No idea about Mazna cos i've yet to try them out.

Certain bits, it's best you bite the bullet and go with genuine ones.

I replaced the main gearbox mount and some steering bits...went for genuine cos i want them to last.

Hi this may be OT, but how did U know that U have to replace the Lower arm bushes?

My Mazda (BG3P) had this crack sound when accelerating, breaking and when fall in to a hole in the road. So I replaced the Lower arm bushes. (but they are Malaysian or Thai. Not Japanese I think). For about 2 days everything was fine. But nw again I got the same problem as previous. Is this due to Lower arm bushes? No problem in the vehicle handling.

Hi this may be OT, but how did U know that U have to replace the Lower arm bushes?

My Mazda (BG3P) had this crack sound when accelerating, breaking and when fall in to a hole in the road. So I replaced the Lower arm bushes. (but they are Malaysian or Thai. Not Japanese I think). For about 2 days everything was fine. But nw again I got the same problem as previous. Is this due to Lower arm bushes? No problem in the vehicle handling.

In my case a constant, soft rattle which is audiable on bad roads. On a good surface it vanishes to nothing. Also the f/end was moving vertically much more than it should - initially thought the shocks are gone, but they were good, the arm bushes and shoddy arm assembly was my problem.

Possibly, OP had a similar symptom.

• 1 month later...