• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

200Cc Vs 240Cc Fuel Injectors

Chulanga

Question

Dear Experts,

My vehicle is having a 1NZ-FE (1.5L) engine and it has injectors with (flow rate) 200cc with 12 nozzles. I would like to hear, what will happened if I install (flow rate) 240cc injectors with 12 nozzles instead of 200cc injectors?

Is it going to be good, bad or no difference at all?

How injector flow rate affects the engine and it's performance etc.

Appreciate your feedback. B)

Edited by Chulanga

6 answers to this question

Dear Experts,

My vehicle is having a 1NZ-FE (1.5L) engine and it has injectors with (flow rate) 200cc with 12 nozzles. I would like to hear, what will happened if I install (flow rate) 240cc injectors with 12 nozzles instead of 200cc injectors?

'Chulanga',

As for my knowledge there can be a H/P gain.Other engine experts will give you more information.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

'Chulanga',

As for my knowledge there can be a H/P gain.Other Diesel engine experts will give you more information.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Why would he need a diesel expert for a petrol engine? the 1NZ-FE is a petrol engine. If you don't know the answer be quiet instead of trying to increase your post count.

• Like 1

Dear Experts,

merely sending more fuel into the engine wont give you a performance increase afaik

I'd say the performance might in fact decrease cos there will be more fuel and less air in the combustion chamber

imho... you'd have to go the while hog.

dropping higher flow injectors will require the ecu to be remapped cos things like ignition timing, fuel-air ratios etc all will need to be changed to burn that extra fuel efficiently. Also you'd need a better air filter that allows a larger volume of air.

possibly a better exhaust too...

I'm sure our pro racer friends can chime in and giver better info

• Like 2

With the addition of injectors with a higher flow rate you'll decrease the fuel pressure. To overcome this you'll have to use a Fuel pressure regulator or a different fuel pump. Also as said by Ripper the ECU should be remapped and u'll need to use a high flow filter replacement filter or a Cone filter to provide sufficient air. Btw which car's injectors are you gonna use on it?

Edited by kelum_wj

Thank you all for your comments. I just wanted to know your ideas. Because, I had to replace all 4 injectors due to contaminated petrol. Injector supplier tried to convince me that 240CC injectors fits my vehicle. But I was worried and I inquired about the two types of injectors from Denso - Singapore. They said always adhere to the Injector Part number. Because Denso never gives two different part numbers to the same injector. Because Injector colour, size could be the same. But flow rate and spray patterns are different in different parts. So be careful if you are looking out for injectors.

I have noticed that performance tuners replace low flow rate injectors with high flow rate injectors. So as per your comments, they must be performing other modifications as well to gain more engine power...