• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Sedan Car

nano31

One of friend is willing to buy micro MX-7 /Sedan from GEELY.

Can anyone come up with the durability, reliability and specially the after sale services and availability of the spare parts.

Can anyone come up with the durability, reliability and specially the after sale services and availability of the spare parts.

Durability, reliability and after sale services wise Micro has a bad reputation.Would be better going for a used jap.

My advise is to stay away from it. One of my uncle's bought one and after 4 months the car started heating due to a faulty radiator fan. Also it does about 7 kmpl though it's a manual. It's better to go for a used Jap car :)

Edited by kelum_wj

Thanks for the advises!

I too do not like these car but he insist of buying in the terms of "brand new", thinking that the car would be trouble free unlike an used car, I know that it will not happen!

I too personally like him to be having used Japanese car.

Any friend have real experience?

if you want those things best thing to do is stay far away form it instead buying that buy a used jap or euro.

btw if you do a search you can find out about micro reliability and after sale reputation.

let your friend buy it. It's his money and if he's so keen to spend it on a complete POS, who are you to tell him not to?

On another bnote. Tbe Mx-7 do not age well at all. After just an year or two the headlights seem to turn yellow and get cracks in em.

just the headlights? did i post about a KH- series (2007) Geely which I saw, which has corroded to the extent that it's become a pile of scrap iron?

I too would never go for those cars, I currently having Diesel 110, 121 Diesel and CR27 "Lotto", Those car/van far more reliable even-though they are more than 10~13 years old.

But it was his money..I too advised him not to go for those "brand new" vehicles

Thanks for the advises!

I too do not like these car but he insist of buying in the terms of "brand new", thinking that the car would be trouble free unlike an used car, I know that it will not happen!

I too personally like him to be having used Japanese car.

Any friend have real experience?

Tell him to go read the review on MotorMag.