• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Odd Patterns On The Mileage Of Some Cars.

Muditha420

'Pericles',

If you say irresponsible statement that is your opinion.All registered used cars in Srilanka odometer adjustments are done early before advertising like detailing the car

When the cars come out from the port gate if the owners are out of Colombo some odometer adjusters are active drive down the car to a close lonely point and adjust the odometer.Big time importers inform the odometer adjusters early they get active in the same night just after clearing the vehicles some times they do 30 to 40 vehicles in one night as they are fully equipped to work in the night.

One odometer adjuster had made so much of money is importing cars now, which he will make more money than adjusting odometers. Still he is in odometer adjusting business.

If one request have to be a close friend of the owner of vehicle sales outlet he will give all information where they do in Colombo, as for my knowledge some where close to kirulapone bridge.

To tell you the truth I have seen them do this in sales, but I do not know the exact place where they stay they hide and do this job if we go near when they are active they stop the work start discussing some other things of cars.They will never teach the method of odometer adjustment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have news for you. All registered cars being sold in aren't sold thru some crooked dealer. There are plenty of private sellers, and its also quite apparent they wouldn't know how to contact these people to do it even if they wanted to. And its funny how you suddenly went from 99% to all.

I don't know what sort of shady characters you associate with, to keep coming up stories of Ecstasy dealers at Club Fuga and odometer adjusters, and maybe All the people YOU associate with do go around doing crooked things, but that doesn't mean it applies to ALL used car dealers.

• Like 1

I have news for you. All registered cars being sold in aren't sold thru some crooked dealer. There are plenty of private sellers, and its also quite apparent they wouldn't know how to contact these people to do it even if they wanted to. And its funny how you suddenly went from 99% to all.

I don't know what sort of shady characters you associate with, to keep coming up stories of Ecstasy dealers at Club Fuga and odometer adjusters, and maybe All the people YOU associate with do go around doing crooked things, but that doesn't mean it applies to ALL used car dealers.

'Pericles' ,

I meant there calling ALL car dealers because if you can find a single car dealer who had not adjusted the odometer of the cars what they have imported in their life, once they come to know this odometer adjusting can be done here for few thousand rupees is a liar.

I cannot understand your post mentioning Ecstasy dealers Club Fuga Odometer adjusters.

(1) Yes Club Fuga building belongs to me. I have never went in after that club started operations.

(2) Odometer adjusters are in Automobile service to do Automobile users requirement.

(3) I have never been to (Ceylon) Srilanka Government tile free boarding and lodging house in my lifetime.

I never associate with who do criminal and underground activities and it is not necessary for me. There may be few members in this forum the type you mention on your post above shady characters, who are living in this society, with a different face to the society.

I think no point we two are exchanging posts on the above matter.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

He might have a point there Peri,as stated elsewhere in the forum by others i think this kind of practice is a menace,in Europe is an offence and can get you in trouble if you do it,not sure about other countries though

It`s only illegal if you knowingly disclose the fact (e.g. in selling). Not illegal to do adjustments due to replaced meter cluster etc..

Illegal or not, it`s not a problem over here. Nobody gives a damn about the number of Km`s on the clock anyway (at least wont pay a premium for a car that shows it`s age with 'Low' milage). As long as there`s people falling for this, it`ll happen I guess :)