• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Odd Patterns On The Mileage Of Some Cars.

Muditha420

Did any one notice that all these ES5's n ES8's have the same mileage when selling <_< ? i mean do people all decide suddenly to sell these cars once they hit 60,000km ???? :rolleyes:

i think they should opt to change the interior looks as well coz it looks like they have run a tad bit more then they are showing :D

i don't know but thats what i've seen so far

ypu your right,not only Hondas but even old cars are sold like that I have seen 20+ year old Lancers with 90k whereas the interior looks like 300k!

Did any one notice that all these ES5's n ES8's have the same mileage when selling <_< ? i mean do people all decide suddenly to sell these cars once they hit 60,000km ???? :rolleyes:

i think they should opt to change the interior looks as well coz it looks like they have run a tad bit more then they are showing :D

haha that might just be ;) still

59000KM that person claiming is impossible for a 1996 car

yup, would be interesting to go through the service/repair records of this vehicle (if any are available or he is dumb enough to give it all). Then we can get a good idea of the actual mileage.

Even then I would be very wary of the records themselves... never know the lengths our buggers go to.

Anyway I prefer not to be too concerned with the odo... rather the condition of the vehicle and records would do.

Edited by LS110

'Muditha420',

Never believe the odometer in Srilanka used vehicles and used imported vehicles as they are adjusted to read low Km.

All digital odometers are adjusted for Rupees 2000.00 and under today in srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

its kind nice to see when all rush into sell when the number hits 60k :P

leather seats gives all away also... they should replace those might as well come up with some tips for these poor fellows.

i mean a car brought in 2004-05 can't hv done that much unless they were poodling around only for shopping....maybe some might even put it as only used for shopping haha :lol:

'Muditha420',

Never believe the odometer in Srilanka used vehicles and used imported vehicles as they are adjusted to read low Km.

All digital odometers are adjusted for Rupees 2000.00 and under today in srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

nope i never do either. pointless theory to go by one. there was another here some where, only 36,000k on the meter :blink:

hate when ppl mess around with cars, even if its the meter :angry:

like that car but looking at these read outs i dont even want to for some reason

yup, would be interesting to go through the service/repair records of this vehicle (if any are available or he is dumb enough to give it all). Then we can get a good idea of the actual mileage.

Even then I would be very wary of the records themselves... never know the lengths our buggers go to.

Anyway I prefer not to be too concerned with the odo... rather the condition of the vehicle and records would do.

i dont know weather its a good thing or a bad thing

but i too doesn't really care much about the odo meter reading

It does kinda depend. I ran only about 30k in 5 years, weekend fun mode mostly. My dads car covered 40k in under 5 years. He's retired, so its not a daily commute kinda use. Tho mismatch on the numbers and condition are good indicators to look for when buying, finding older cars with low milage isn't always the case that someone is cheating.

i can top that.

saw a '96 FB14 301 series today on AL claiming 59000KM Genuine Milage..

Thats just TOOO good to be true..

Did you saw the unregistered just cleared van same day on AL claiming 22k km? It had picture of meter panel showing 54k km and apparently that picture is now gone! :P

:)

Recently I heard a story from "Lakhanda Auto Club". A man had boughht a second hand FB15 @ 70k on clock in Gampaha area and went for a service station for a full service. As he settling the bills, they had entered his Reg No into their system and it came to know that the same car had been done several full services from same place @ a clock of 135+ ks.

Recently I heard a story from "Lakhanda Auto Club". A man had boughht a second hand FB15 @ 70k on clock in Gampaha area and went for a service station for a full service. As he settling the bills, they had entered his Reg No into their system and it came to know that the same car had been done several full services from same place @ a clock of 135+ ks.

In Srilanka 99% of Used car dealers and who advertise cars in their homes get he services of Two three odometer adjusters, who do this in srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

In Srilanka 99% of Used car dealers and who advertise cars in their homes get he services of Two three odometer adjusters, who do this in srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

If this is your opinion, please state it as such. If its a fact, back it up with the numbers and proof.

He might have a point there Peri,as stated elsewhere in the forum by others i think this kind of practice is a menace,in Europe is an offence and can get you in trouble if you do it,not sure about other countries though

If this is your opinion, please state it as such. If its a fact, back it up with the numbers and proof.

'Muditha420',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

No offence to you, but your recent posts makes anyone wonder whether you have tried these services? If so, is it safe to allow these people to tamper with the speedometer? :unsure:

'Pericles',

As I visit most dealers they do this I have seen on my own eyes.That is their business of reducing odometers for a fee.I know this practice is a fraud. It is not correct for me to be Judas.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Did you saw the unregistered just cleared van same day on AL claiming 22k km? It had picture of meter panel showing 54k km and apparently that picture is now gone! :P

:)

erm no mate i havent. whats the Van?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

come again. ok Sylvi our business is related about cars. so we have lot of friends and connections who own used car sales in Kandy and Colombo

even people who worked in our organization years back have started used car sales and i know them very well

i can guarantee most of them Never do this odometer change thing. basically most of them don't have the tools for that.

so your statistics of 99% is just purely wrong mate. a lot or a few may do. but not all of them. :)

Edited by Schiffer

He might have a point there Peri,as stated elsewhere in the forum by others i think this kind of practice is a menace,in Europe is an offence and can get you in trouble if you do it,not sure about other countries though

He said 99% of car dealers and advertise cars in their homes.

No doubt it is a common practice, but BS stats like "99%" is just that, utter BS.

Honestly? 2 or 3 chaps can keep doing 99% of the cars that come up for sale on a weekend paper? Really? Seriously? I mean....

Irresponsible BS.

He said 99% of car dealers and advertise cars in their homes.

No doubt it is a common practice, but BS stats like "99%" is just that, utter BS.

Honestly? 2 or 3 chaps can keep doing 99% of the cars that come up for sale on a weekend paper? Really? Seriously? I mean....

Irresponsible BS.

'Pericles',

If you say irresponsible statement that is your opinion.All registered used cars in Srilanka odometer adjustments are done early before advertising like detailing the car

When the cars come out from the port gate if the owners are out of Colombo some odometer adjusters are active drive down the car to a close lonely point and adjust the odometer.Big time importers inform the odometer adjusters early they get active in the same night just after clearing the vehicles some times they do 30 to 40 vehicles in one night as they are fully equipped to work in the night.

One odometer adjuster had made so much of money is importing cars now, which he will make more money than adjusting odometers. Still he is in odometer adjusting business.

If one request have to be a close friend of the owner of vehicle sales outlet he will give all information where they do in Colombo, as for my knowledge some where close to kirulapone bridge.

To tell you the truth I have seen them do this in sales, but I do not know the exact place where they stay they hide and do this job if we go near when they are active they stop the work start discussing some other things of cars.They will never teach the method of odometer adjustment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

erm no mate i havent. whats the Van?

Hi,

I'm not sure whether pointing to specific ad is ok or not here. So i'm not going to do that.

however I have used several keywords in my first post and it is black Toyota Hiace, posted same day of your first post on this thread. I think this would be enough to find it if really necessary.