• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lp Gas Conversion

JayZ

Experts ,

Were there any previous threads regarding converting petrol vehicles to LP Gas ?

could not find any ... :(

Any person here have done this before ? Appreciate if someone can give more info on this subject.

Any potential drawbacks of this conversion ? apart from the savings of the fuel cost etc

I used a Trad sunny aout 10 years back. At that time my running was very high. I worked in the field, & I converted this car to LPG Gas. I used it properly & the way it was recommended. Run about 2 KM in the morning with petrol & finish with 2KM with petrol. I used it for about 4 years & sold it in good condition. If you use it properly there will be no problem. At that time it cost me 40k for converting. but I do not know how much now. You must do the conversation in a reputed place.

Experts ,

Were there any previous threads regarding converting petrol vehicles to LP Gas ?

could not find any ... :(

Any person here have done this before ? Appreciate if someone can give more info on this subject.

Any potential drawbacks of this conversion ? apart from the savings of the fuel cost etc

I used Nissan Vanette van converted to LPG (carburetor model) few years back 50000km without any trouble sold with the unit.Today LPG is expensive than petrol, it is not advisable to convert to LPG. Due to high cost and it has to be done by professional person. What is your car model, Carburetor model is cheap to convert, EFI engines are expensive.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks for the info guys, yes these days there's no big diff between LPG and petrol. This is for one of my uncles FB15. He wants to use it for hiring purposes.

The conversion also might cost close to 70 - 80 i guess. So ROI wouldn't be so great in the short run. And never know about the gas prices either. :)

Thanks for the info guys, yes these days there's no big diff between LPG and petrol. This is for one of my uncles FB15. He wants to use it for hiring purposes.

The conversion also might cost close to 70 - 80 i guess. So ROI wouldn't be so great in the short run. And never know about the gas prices either. :)

if its a FB15 i dont think its worth. may be this will decrease the car value too. my suggestion is to hold it as there is no big diffrence between lpg & petrol these days :)

Dont Think mate. Still LPG is only LKR 90 a liter. Please correct me if im wrong.

MINIACE

'miniace',

Then one domestic cylinder, as far as i remember I used to get 120km, when domestic cylinder was rupees 600.00. Today 120km I need only 10 liters. Which work out to 1200.00 rupees.I have to get a verification on this with a LPG dealer how many liters are on a 12.5 Kg cylinder.

Sylvi wijesinghe

automotive LPG should be more expensive than domestic gas... hot air balloon pilot I know normally fills with industrial cylinders, where they let gravity fill the onboard tanks - which is labourious and time consuming. If they have access to a gas shed, it's a much faster process - but he said it did cost a bit more, but that the fuel from the shed burned better.

'miniace',

Then one domestic cylinder, as far as i remember I used to get 120km, when domestic cylinder was rupees 600.00. Today 120km I need only 10 liters. Which work out to 1200.00 rupees.I have to get a verification on this with a LPG dealer how many liters are on a 12.5 Kg cylinder.

Sylvi wijesinghe

Sylvi, Im not talking about domestic cylinders. Im talking about the real stuff. The Laughs auto gas. They are selling a liter at LKR 90. So obviously LPG is cheaper then 90 Gasoline.

MINIACE

Sylvi, Im not talking about domestic cylinders. Im talking about the real stuff. The Laughs auto gas. They are selling a liter at LKR 90. So obviously LPG is cheaper then 90 Gasoline.

MINIACE

mini, it's obvious that lpg is cheaper, but you can get more milage using gasoline than same amount of lpg i mean auto gas. i'm not sure by how much.

mini, it's obvious that lpg is cheaper, but you can get more milage using gasoline than same amount of lpg i mean auto gas. i'm not sure by how much.

LPG is 90 Rs a liter.

In Petrol the FB13 is doing around 9km per liter.

On Gas Its about 8Km per liter.

i wont recommend converting to LP gas for following reasons

i)pulling power is diminished esp in a climb

ii)has to be done professinaly or else its dangerous

iii)takes up a lot of boot space for the unit

iv)will ruin a car like the FB 15

LPG is 90 Rs a liter.

In Petrol the FB13 is doing around 9km per liter.

On Gas Its about 8Km per liter.

MINIACE

You are correct LPG domestic cost only about 88.00 Rupees for a liter. Please note I ran with upper cylinder lubricant to lubricate cylinders if not engine valves and gasket get effected because I knew the technology I had separate feeder for upper cylinder oil into the inlet of the engine.

For difference of few Rupees it is not worth today converting to LPG as the cost of installing LPG Unit to recover the cost will take about two years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.